Life changing Surgical complications

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi,

just wondering has anyone had life changing surgical complications. mine is a long story but i had a hysterectomy in a private hospital 8 years ago. i had a long surgical history and was told it was likely to be difficult but doable. i had terrible complications and two days after the surgery my bowel perforated. i spent months in hospital being told id never eat or drink again. i was told repeatedly id recover or my bowel would heal or i could be fixed. none of these things happened and two years ago I was told this was me for life. i can eat and drink but i have 3 stoma bags, life is difficult, i have ptsd and anxiety and no support.

as time has gone in I've felt angry and let down,

i wondered if anyone else has had such an experience in a private hospital and what was your support like, of any. i never complained because I was misled into thinking id recover, now its too late. i dread my future .

thank you for reading.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.