Alcohol and Voriconizole

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

This is my first post so hopefully I can get some advice.

I have been taking Voriconizole 200mg for 8 weeks twice a day and though i know I'm not to drink alcohol with it, I decided to the other night when catching up with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while.

Long story short, we drank a LOT over the space of 6 hours and I fell asleep at about midnight.

Some 15 hours later, I had a breath test for a medical for work and I blew 0.027.

Suffice to say I'm in a touch of strife. I know the more you drink the longer it takes for your body to process alcohol but I have drank heavily before and had a breath test in the morning and passed....and this was in less than 15 hours.

This may help me out of strife at work, is there a distinct possibility the presence of anti fungal medication already in my system would slow the release of alcohol in my blood?

Thanks

H

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry. I don't know about the drugs or medical side but when you say you drank a LOT, do you have any sort of accurate idea how much? If you drank over 15 units (easily done) then that would explain the breath test result.

• Posted

Hi Harry. What do you mean by a standard drink in units? How accurately were you measuring and how good is your memory after hitting double figures in units? It takes me a while and the use of an app (some drinks have more units than you want to know!) from Drinkaware to get a true total. It's surprising how often it is higher than my mental counting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.