Alcohol consumption

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 

I had a previous post, by the time i check my kidney function was 32%, and luckily it has improved now to 74%, with medicine. But my question is with respect to alcohol consumption. I have heard that moderate consumption wine is good specially for people with CKD? My doctor even advice at that time, three times a month moderate consumption is alright. 

Any additional thoughts on this?

Thank you, 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If this is a recommendation from your nephrologist it should be fine to follow it.

Marj

• Posted

Can I ask what medicine you are taking to improve kidneys? I have 30% function and the doctor hasn't given me any meds. Thanks in advance. Pete

• Posted

Hi I will tell you what doctor gave me, but I am not sure those will work for you. I also did a strong control of food and salt. 

1) Nurobian (viatamin B) 

2) Lorvas SR 1.5mg (Kidney medicine) 

3) Coversyl 5mg (BP medicine) 

Thank you, 

• Posted

Hi I recently read that in ckd3 alcohol should be limited to less than 3 units daily. I believe wine is better than beer which apparently has high phosphorous content... need to check!!!. I am comforted to read about you improved for.fanrastic.what caused dip? And what mess were you given? Timeline for improvement?

I am really keen to know.many thanks Terry

• Posted

I had a long time unattended BP problem, and i think that was the issue to affect my kidney. I was on below medication and cholastorale medicine for two months, and function improved. I will send you all i learnt later in length. I believe the god played a major role.  
    • Posted

Hi, I had high BP from 2009 and I did not used to go to doctor frequently, so I just change my medication may be in every two year. I was found with little high protein in urine at around in 2014, by that time I went and check, doctor did a kidney scan, but no medicine was given. That thing went without proper attention and notice (lost opportunity).

After that I had no issues, but lately around October I went for a random body check, and found my creatinine was high, like 2.1, but I had an urgent trip abroad so I had to leave out of the country for 6 weeks. After arriving (I drank lot of alcoholic drinks in those weeks) I did another creatinine test, and found it was 3.1 (doctor said it is a fault result). Then I ran the test few more times and kidney function was at 32% (conclusive). So doctor did a biopsy and the report came out fairly ok, but still struggling to understand the result, even the doctor. I have scheduled another appointment for that report in Singapore.

After taking above BP, high cholesterol, kidney, and vitamin B tablets for two months, I ran the test again. In addition I was on a strong kidney diet. Then my creatinine came out as 1.18, which was the best new ever I heard in my lifetime. I should mention, that “THE GOD” can do everything, the creator of this sophisticated, high-tech machine.

God bless you all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.