Alcohol problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I've posted on here a few times. I'm in a mess due to the demon drink again. I was a 24/7 drinker years and 3 years ago went to rehab and been a binge drinker since. Weeks, months without and then life throws something at me and I drink for a few days. 4 th time in 7 months tho taken naltrexone last 3 days and the other binges..it works as I haven't got in a mess or drank more than a bottle of wine each time. I do get the hangover, big time tho,like now:-(

My partner who I've lived with on and off for 3 years( all the time last 7 months)he's had enough of my binges and taking meds. Can he just chuck me out or do I have any rights to stay. I'm too ill to go now, I need time to sort stuff out. Should I refuse to leave? I'm so scared. I'm not a horrible person and I've done nothing wrong apart from drink sometimes. I'm so scared..

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paper fairy, it's nice to see you posting again, but it's a shame that you had to.  I am sorry...it's a real struggle, isn't it?  I am still struggling, but drinking far less than I was when I first came to this site.  My drinking isn't like yours, but I guess it's still as bad.

Keep trying love, you are very brave for even trying, I hope with all my heart that you make it one day.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

Thank you Patrica for your kind words. Not drinking for 2 days but feeling very depressed as my relationship is over and will have to go back to parents to live. Life can be so hard xx
    • Posted

I can understand how depressed you are feeling.  I am so sorry love.  I hope your parents will be kind to you and help you through everything, maybe it could be the best place for you at the moment.

Life is very hard....and unfair.  So much pain seems to be heaped on shoulders that are not strong enough to bear it.

Keep that chin up and stay as strong as you can, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Pat. xxx

• Posted

HI again, you see you are never alone, there are so sooo ! Many people on your side.....we are all worth it, no one chooses to have an alcohol problem. .and we certainly pay over and over again with self disgust...shame and ALWAYS that terrible fear and dread..fear that people would realize we had a problem, and that terrible dread that we would run out of drink and face those dire shakes and all else with it...but the WORST...the hair ripping out desperate, desperate cravings...

We are not bad people, we just have a problem we hate more than anyone else.....but we come out the other side....STRONGER...MORE EMPATHETIC....NON JUDGMENTAL... AND IN A STRANGE WAY....BETTER PEOPLE...

Take care all of you on this forum...it can be done and we will do it...Big warm hugs to you all good, CARING, sensitive people....

DEIRDRE Anne xxxx

• Posted

You described exactly how we pay, deirdre.  Nobody knows what it feels like unless they have been there.

You are a wonderful person and I send big warm hugs back to you and thank you for your input on this forum, you must have helped so very many people.

Bless you,

Patxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.