Alcohol use

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my first outbreak four weeks ago and have continually had outbreaks since. What I am wondering is I'm seeing a lot of dialogue about alcohol and genital herpes. Surely there are people out there who still socially drink, have a glass of wine or mixed cocktail with dinner? Feeling like I would like to find a way to be able to drink without over indulging as opposed to not being able to drink it all? I currently am in the wine industry and the thought of not being able to even have a glass of wine with dinner seem impractical unless it really will make the difference? Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can drink occasionally. Just when you get drunk and drink a lot it brings down your immune system and its more likely youll get an outbreak.
  • Posted

I think it depends on the person, I have a best friend who has it and never breaks out and drinks three times a week and while working as a bartender. Also a neighbor is a raging alcoholic and he always drinks and has it.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with herpes type 2 mid june time my first outbreak was quite light 3 blisters and some slight burning when i passed urine, no pain or itching at all so quite lucky as far as having herpes goes.

Im 23 and enjoy a drink I havent had a second outbreak since my first one but if drinking encouraged outbreaks i 100% would of had another outbreak by now im sure! but maybe its down to the individual i also smoke.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.