Alcohol Withdrawal

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I'm on my third day of my alcohol withdrawal. I've drank pretty heavily before, but not for too long of time periods. But this time I can't remember the last time I stopped drinking. Took some breaks over a few months. Anyways, I'm past those critical 72 hours with DTs, but I haven't slepped for 2 days now and I'm worried it's going to be the same tonight. Plus I think I entered a portion of stage two, or at least the fact that this is giving me anxiety, absoulety no sleep, and paranoa (thought I was going to die cause the first day was intense). I experienced slight auditorial hallucinations, and it makes sense cause just the fact of no sleep you can get hallucinations. Anyways, long story short... Any advice for sleep? I don't have insurance at the moment, crazy time, but it was driving me insane. And I don't even feel like I haven't slepped for two days, but it makes it so much harder when you can't take a break from alcohol withdrawal with sleep. Feeling better, but I am exhausted. New here, thanks for everyone's time!

2 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Billy, it's OK TO SLIP. There is a lot of help,to keep you from slipping or relapsing again. There is treatment that can help you get thru the DT's which can be  life threatening . See a professional you need not suffer this. There are meds to help u thru the withdrawals.

List of meds used to help you this is a illness a physological & physical disorder. Your body craves alcohol and meds now are used to block the craving centers the opiate receptors. 

See the the two boxes above in alcohol by C3Europe and Emis the moderator above under alcohol consumption.

Do research find the reasons for becoming addicted to alcohol. Understand the science of addiction and relapse. You don't need to go thru complete abstense but with naltrexone the options for meds available the receptors are blocked , after over 2-3 months it's called pharmacudical extinction occurs and slowly the cravings have been decreased. The opiate receptors have come to a point that the brain is no longer hyjacked by alcohol and cravings for alcohol have been decreased.many here have used this method with great success. "The Sinclair Method", has been 78% clinically proven to stop the opiate receptors from controlling your life and alcohol,cravings.

List of drugs to ask about and research to block the opiate receptors for alcohol addiction TOPIRIMATE (Topomax),BACLOFEN (Lioresal or Gablofen®wink,NALTREXONE.,CAMPRAL (Acamprosate)ONDANSETRON (Zofran)

CHANTIX (Varenicline)GABAPENTIN ,VIVITROL

Take heart  there are many good GP's and alcohol counselors.to search for in your area. Never give up leave the helplessness mentality that many have because they have been rejected for help so many times. You can ask for help it's very important to find docs that will treat ALCOHOL USE DISORDER. this is not a moral failing or a weakness this is a illness just like diabetes and medication is clinically proven to help AUD.

Listen to PAUL TURNER on u tube alcohol advice video.look it up on u tube.YOU CAN LIVE ALCOHOL FREE OR SLOWLY CUT DOWN THE DAILY AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL your choice.

I care very much for each of every one on this site. I have been here a long time. My son has been a victim of many years of abusive relationships almost killed due to his irrational decisions due to AUD. Black out binge drinking .

NO ONE deserves to live with addiction and there is help you must fight for yourself! 

Alway fight. It will eventually become easier on medication once the brain has had time to be untrained by the opiate receptors alcohol creates. The more you drink alcohol the more the opiate receptors . Slow down cut down the opiate receptors will recede.

HOPE4CURE 👍

• Posted

I really don't think billy that you will sleep well without some benzos or something like Benadryl....antihistimines make some people tired.

My friend takes Benadryl during dry outs..i always took Benzos.

Yes, the us has Thiamine but I have had a lot of anxiety/sleeplessness and I also think you should get some L-Theanine and Chamomile tea....these will definetly help you relax if you don't have benzos.

Yes, the first 72 hours are the crucial time to hope we dont have a seizure. But, it takes a couple of WEEKS to regulate back to a normal sleep cycle.....I have been thru this many times....so do WHAT YOU CAN to achieve the best sleep.

Strongly suggest the L-Theanine (supplement) and Chamomile tea....and if you are in the US...Look for "OLLY Restful sleep" these gummy bears really work for putting you to sleep.

• Posted

You women seem obsessed with flatulence. You'll be telling next, that in your younger days you tried lighting them.

• Posted

'You'll be telling next, that in your younger days you tried lighting them'

Weeell now that you mention it.....lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.