Alcohol withdrawal with Lorazepam timeline

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I've been drinking about 2 liters of beer(~4.5%) per day for 3 years. Only on evenings.

I've finally decided to stop, I saw my doc and he said the amount I drink shouldn't cause too much withdrawal symptoms...  He still prescribed me B vitamin and Temesta 1mg (Lorazepam) telling me to take 1mg before bed and otherwise, take half a pill during the day if I feel symptoms.

It's been 48hours since my last drink, no problems so far. I took 0,5mg today at 10am as I way feeling a bit nervous but no real symptoms.... 

I'm starting a new job thuesday morning, and at this point, it will be 80hours after last drink.

Do you think I could still experience withdrawal symptoms at this point considering my previous alcohol consumption and my treatment ?

Thanks for your help !

Greg

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey guys!

Just to let you know that my firest 2 days at work went very well. My appetite is slowly coming back and I feel very good.

Thanks all for the kind support, it was very helpful.

PEACE!

• Posted

GREAT! Do not forget that you started in your new job with the slate wiped CLEAN...nobody knows you very much and probably thinks the best of you! The past is the past and forget it!! trust me!! Keep going. Robin
    • Posted

Fantastic.  And the appetite will just get better, and so will you. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.