Alcoholism

Posted , 6 users are following.

How do I stop craving white wine ?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I look forward to seeing the replies.

My answer would be - don't buy it twisted

However do you mean one drink at a time every day or a whole bottle at a time?

You could buy Schoelr.

• Posted

Probably the same way I stopped smoking years ago.  Sheer willpower!

Don't have it in the house.

Buy a substitute beverage.

Read a book or do a puzzle to distract yourself.

The habit should be gone in a few weeks unless you have a deeper problem.  If so, check out AA.Great organization! My dad was a member for 40 years and never had a drink after  the first day he joined.  We were all very proud of him.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Susan

There are loads of non-alcoholic wines.  I buy Shloer it is so lovely I particularly like the sparkling jiuce,drink, white grape and elderflower and they do a lovely rose one as well.  It is £2 per bottle at Waitrose and they often have offers on.

• Posted

I will try the drink.But how do I stop the overwhelming craving for wine?
    • Posted

Hi again Susan,

The question you need to ask yourself is - are you craving the sweet drink or the alcohol.  If it's the drink Lodger's suggestion should work. Also,  It only takes a few weeks to break a sugar habit.

However, if you are craving the alcohol content that may take longer and neither in excess I don't believe can be good for your condition.

Also,  you didn't mention how much of it you needed to satisfy your craving.

Theres a big difference on your body between a glass and a bottle or two.

When I stopped smoking, for months I kept an unopened pack of cigarettes in the house.  It just sort of comforted me knowing it was there however I never opened it. Maybe it would work for you with an unopened wine bottle.

Anything is  worth a try.

I feel for you and hope you can find something healthier to take its place.

Take care

• Posted

Don't white wines have more sugar?  I don't really know, but sugar or sweet things are stimulating so they make us crave more.  Red wine is healthier. 

But... If I drink it with food I'm ok, if I keep drinking it so I don't think about PMR then I want more food with it so I snack more! Vicious cycle which I too battle.   BUT, I'm now having esophagus irritation pretty bad, so I fear the wine now and it doesn't even taste good, maybe my body is telling me to stop with the wine...ugh... ;( 

• Posted

"BUT, I'm now having esophagus irritation pretty bad"

Stop it in its tracks,  one lemon in microwave for 1 minute.  Squeeze juice, divide by three, drink before meals with a little water.   Acid reflux - gone.

• Posted

WOW!  I have to try that natural remedy for myself and my husband instead of all the prescriptions we've  been given.  

I didn't know they had microwaves in the UK😃😃😃😃 Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Posted

Go on!  How about the cotton gin not to be confused with the alcoholic beverage, telephone, telegraph, electric light, steam engine, plane, etc, etc.

But stand proud-no one in this USA has put together anything like this informative, knowledgeable web site to help people like us. .  You have done the UK proud.  We may have the inventions but you have heart and I say this with all sincerity.

• Posted

Audrey  - slightly off piste but..................

Electric Light - 1800 Humphrey Davy,  English

1877 Charles Bush American

1878 Joseph Swan  English.

1879 Edison

Telegraph, ah yes  - Smoke Signals then Claude Shoppe French.

A G Bell, Scot who emigrated to USA.

Finally - Steam Engine  - been around since 1st AD. wink

• Posted

I start every day with half a lemon squeezed into warm water and a teaspoon of Manuka honey. I drink it through a straw to avoid tooth enamel erosion.

It really is a wonder drink, good for so many things. Just Google the benefits.

If you don't want to microwave the lemon, just leave it out overnight. The other half I cover with clingfilm and leave out. You get more juice from a lemon at room temperature.

• Posted

Even more with a microwave, but I do know some people who do not like microwaves and they just leave them out of the fridge.

I freeze lemons whole and grate and pop them into all sorts of things to eat, including stews, sprinkling over roast veggies etc.

• Posted

I have a little plastic tub in the freezer with grated lemon rind (the unwaxed ones only) and just add to it. Then hey presto, I can add a pinch or two to my cooking.
    • Posted

Yes, got to be unwaxed.

I always try to buy unwaxed fruit or I wash fruit and veg before use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.