Alendronic acid

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

as anyone had problem taking Alendronic Acid 70mg one tablet a week , the adverse reactions from taking it are terrible, swollen ankles plus knee pain and swollen knee . monosodium trihydrate

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Anthony

How long have you been taking it?

i haven't heard of those particular problems before. I stopped taking it due to bone pains and indigestion. I assume you have stopped taking it now, so if AA was the cause, hopefully your problems will subside.

Several of my friends have been on AA for years, without any problems. Unfortunately we never know how we will react to any drug or even supplement, until we have tried them.

Best wishes

• Posted

I have not taken it. I had a terrible reaction to Reclase (Bisphosphonate derivative). I don't recommend it.

• Posted

That medicine was the worst I've ever taken Day 1; I couldn't eat or drink anything without acid reflux. I felt like an elephant was on my chest. Day 2; better but not much. Day 3; a little better, not as much acid reflux at night. Day 4; again slightly better. Day 5; almost bearable Day 6; bearable. which means the next day I was going to start that cycle all over again. Threw them in the garbage.

• Posted

Hi Anthony

Yes i was given this to start with and tried it for 6 weeks. I had really bad headaches and felt completely out of it. Also had aches like i had flu.

I stopped taking it and was given Ibandronic acid instead. this was 150mg once per month. Apparently its for post menopausal women. however they gave to me because it was monthly. yes i am confused too. the side effects of these drugs are not nice however neither is a broken bone. I have taken it for 5 years but stopped because worried about long term effects.

Regards

Lozman

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.