Skip to content
Ad

Osteoporosis and Osteopenia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Denosumab problems

Discontinuing denosumab (Prolia) can lead to vertebral fracture, apparently not related to the underlying osteoporosis, but to the development of microcracks in the bones from denosumab. Advice is to replace denosumab, not go cold turkey off the med. Sounds like this drug is ripe for lawsuits, and perhaps...

Last reply
  • Dexa scan results

Hi. Anyone who's had a dexa scan have the results gone back to your gp the same day?? Im so worried that's something's wrong as I was told a week to 2 weeks for results

Last reply
  • Osteoarthritis

I have just returned home from hospital due to dibilitating back pain.whilst in I had an MRI which showed posterior building of the L2/L3,L3/L4 and L4/ L5 also it showed haemangioma in the L3 veritable body posteriorly, also I have scolosis<br /> Could anyone explain this to me in laymen terms...

Last reply
  • Very anxious about treatment

During scans for my lower left side pain, possibly diverticular disease, it was found that I had a spinal fracture and a hemaginoma. I had no back pain and no idea when the spinal fracture occurred. As a result of this I had a bone density scan and have been diagnosed with osteopenia and in one area,...

Last reply
  • Alternative to Denosumab??

I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis for 5 years now t scores -4:3 and -3:7. I was not happy to take alendronic acid as I have gut problems and tend to be allergic to lots of things so have managed to keep t scores same for 5 years with diet supplements and exercise. However in last scan there was...

Last reply
  • osteporosis worsened

I took  Fosamax for two years and then an endocrinologist switched me to Evista. I showed approvement later that year but now I have worsened (-3.25 hip) after 2 years on Evista. My endocronologist wants me to start Forteo or Tymlos now. I consistently walk 4-5 times per week.  I am considering...

Last reply
  • Non weightbearing for 3yrs

Following high impact trauma multiple fractures 2014. Just started limited mobility on crutches 6 months ago. Just diagnosed with osteoporosis. given the "cause" will i respond more favourably to biphosohate therapy given "improving nobility" versus other causes,Many thanks

Last reply
  • How does a high igA level in the blood decrease bone density?

I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis( T-score -4.3) and my endocrinologist attributes it to a high level of igA in my blood ( 4.32), because the only risk factor is my age( 76). Other than this, I don't present any other of the typical risk factors normally associated with o.p. In fact I am very...

Last reply
  • How to build bone backed by a study

Have the superfoods which include the following: green leafy vegetables including kale, book choy, red cabbage, etc. citrus fruits prunes onions broccoli tomatoes green beans mushrooms cucumber leeks herbs yoghurt  spices alkaline People who have osteopenia in particular can build bone and others...

Last reply
  • More confusion

Hi everyone. I have just gone to order my K2 as I am running low and the previous ones I ordered are no longer available. However, I now seem to have a choice of K2 mk4 OR K2 mk7. Have no idea what one I was taking before or what I should be buying now. Further investigations show that huge amounts of...

Last reply
  • Confusion

Today I talked to a doctor that said No osteoporosis could be reversed regardless the reason.(menopause,alcohol, malnutrition, sedentary life) In the best case it could be Stoped. I'm really getting desperate....

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with Osteoporosis

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with Osteoporosis having experienced severe pain due to a fractured spine. I am 44 and wondering if the pain ever goes away and if your daily life can be the same as before? Many Thanks, Arlene.

Last reply
  • Forks over knives

I saw a movie showing how degenerative changes are mostly due to dairy foods and how Asian people have less problems of that matter due to their dairy free food culture.at least until they adopted Western Union culture habits. Must watch. Forks over knives

Last reply
  • Osteoporosis and COPD

I suffer from osteoporosis in my back and am just getting over a COPD flare up. Through coughing so much I pulled all the muscles in my upper body. I know it will take time for them to heal but I am in agony Can anyone suggest a painkiller that will dull the pain in my back as I am not able to stand...

Last reply
  • Treatment Decision

Hi all, I would appreciate some advice. I am based in the UK and recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis in hip and lower back. The nurse I saw today suggested two treatments. . 6monthly injection, Prolia. 12monthly infusion Zoledronic acid. Both have side effects, reduction in immune system, and one...

Last reply
  • Wheat grass

I just came across a video on YouTube about the benefits of a plant called wheat grass. Have any of you used it? It's supposedly best nutrition for bones,since it absorbs much more sun than any other plant.its used to cure cancer.....detox and renew cells..

Last reply
  • Junkies:)

I just read a comment somewhere and I really would like to share it with you guys. Someone was saying people with OS should stop search for the reasons why,because they are simply junkies: ) that got it either from drinking,smoking too much or from having unprotected sex. With few words we are all Hiv...

Last reply
  • Slow healing hip fracture

Posted on here a few months ago just after fracturing my hip and having pulmonary embolism. Hip was repaired with nail and pins, but after 3months I am still unable to walk without using one crutch and still getting burning searing pains in my hip and leg. Worried that it is as good as it will get and...

Last reply
  • I think my ribs have fallen

in September I had a total break of my lumbar all of them broke. One in June just thought I had a sore back I'm getting old (61) another in August. I ignored this my daughter was getting married. September the rest went and I was in the hospital for a month.  I have a walker to help around the...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with Osteopenia

I've just been diagnosed with Osteopenia after I fell and broke a hip 3 months ago, I asked my doctor if we could check my bone density and got the results a couple of days ago.   I've been put on Calceos Calcium and Vit D3 supplement which I have no problem with.   However, I've...

Last reply
  • Bone Density Test

I'm a 59 y/o post-menopause female. I just had my first bone density test shows Femur Neck Left is 0.595g/cm^2 with a T-score of -3.2. The Z-score ended up being -1.8. Looks like I have osteoporosis, although I've been on calcium and vitamin D for a while. I've never broken a bone before....

Last reply
  • Calcitonin

hi everyone. Has anyone heard of, or had experience of this. Not even sure if I have spelt it correctly. I have heard it is used to treat steroid induced osteoporosis and is a nasal spray. It also builds bone mass in the spine, but not in the hips. Another mystery to me. Also, is it new, or has it been...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed osteopenia T -2.4

Hi all, Following falling down stairs and sustaining fracture to my spine 3 months ago my dexa scan T score results are -2.4 for my spine. Providing my blood samples are ok my GP has prescribed Alendronic acid. I do appreciate I'm as near to osteoporosis score as you can get but   does anyone...

Last reply
  • Research: osteoporosis and genes that

Just watched a researcher on TV who has been conducting a very large research into osteoporosis. The research continues with more subjects being added. The results are still a fair way off and treatment following that even longer away. Breaking a hip can be very dangerous for some. Sadly, there seems...

Last reply
  • I am new to osteoporosis.help needed!!!

Hello dear ppl, I'm 35 female,recently diagnosed with osteoporosis.i have 4 spontaneous fractures.im bedridden now for an year,I ve only recently been put on bonviva.due to my age they didn't want to give it,but in the end they did.i m in huge pain will I ever recover ? Is there such thing as...

Last reply
  • ITV Tonight are looking for a osteoporosis case study!

I'm a journalist for ITV's current affairs programme, Tonight. We are currently making a programme about good fats/bad fats and we're looking for a case study to take part. Have any of you ever cut out diary from your diet when you were younger and believe it might have been a factor to...

Posted
  • Osteoporosis/alendronic acid

I was put on alendronic acid for osteoporosis but it had horrendous side effects so stopped taking it and talking to GP tomorrow but hoping I can achieve some protection from high dose Vit D3 and some calcium.  Has anyone else on here had a problem with alendronic acid and found a good SAFE...

Last reply
  • Osteoporosis & Tail Bone Pain

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis a little under a year ago. About 3 weeks ago, completely out of the blue, the right side of my tail bone started to hurt a lot. I had not experienced a fall or sustained any injury. It has continued to hurt since then. The pain sometimes flares up when walking or sitting...

Last reply
  • Is Alendronic acid addictive?

I'm on my 8th week of taking AA now and I'm starting to wonder if it's addictive. I take it on a Saturday morning but towards the end of the week I start feeling aggressive for no particular reason especially when I'm tired and from Wednesday to Friday. After the Saturday morning pill...

Last reply
  • Osteoporosis and the parathyroid hormone

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had further investigation of their osteoporosis and discovered that it's possibly down to a malfunctioning parathyroid (i.e., para gland not managing calcium correctly), and if so, did you have a successful operation to sort it?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.