Compression fracture of L4

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello,

I have a mild compression fracture of L4 From trying to move something way too heavy I have severe osteoporosis and has not treated it yet due to fear of side effects. The cause is unknown but related to chronic illness and early menopause caused by chronic illness although it happened too fast after full menopause for that to be a cause.

I also had chronic pain for years and spinal and other injuries from 3 car accidents but no fractures then.

my whole spine is hurting in lumbar, thoracic and neck, head jaw radiating into arms. The pain is worse now than when it first happened. For the first three days I could barely move fortunately. I did not get x-rays until almost 2 weeks later so I did not know there was a fracture. The doctor I saw first think there was a fracture but I was wondering why my mobility is so terrible. it’s affecting the way I walk and I’m afraid I’m gonna to fall. I don’t have a brace yet but I tried one on- it was so big it in the front it was pressing my breasts, and I could not breathe when I sat down.

They said I cannot do physical therapy until 8 to 10 weeks. I’m going for another x-ray and 2 to 3 weeks. I had an MRI of the lumbar that showed it was a simple or a mild fracture with no pieces coming out so I will not need surgery. they said I cannot do physical therapy until 8 to 10 weeks. I’m going for another x-ray and 2 to 3 weeks. I had an MRI of the lumbar that showed it was a simple or a mild fracture with no pieces coming out so I will not need surgery. I’m in so much pain it seems almost worse now than the initial injury which was so painful that I screamed at the time.

I am going to probably be taking forteo soon, and I wonder what other people have done and how do you help this pain. I am on the Vicodin, Tylenol and aleve, but it’s really just unbearable at times. I’m also using lidocaine patches

I am also so exhausted. It’s very hard to walk around and do the things. they also told me don’t bend and I will lift anything over 10 pounds, no strenuous activity etc. The pain is so bad anpt times, I’m having trouble concentrating on things. I also have a lot of pain in my tailbone now too. I am starting to feel severely depressed as I think I’m going to become an invalid, and not be able to do anything because of this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.