Osteopenia & osteoporosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with osteopenia & osteoporosis. I have no idea where/what scores yet as my Endocrinologist just mentioned in passing. I had an hyperparathyroid op recently so calcium levels have crazy for years. Also went through early chemo induced menopause 11 years ago and so I have had bone aches& pains since then. nobody really took me seriously. Any advice on what exercise I should do or avoid or any advice on diet whilst I wait to be see. Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You are unlikely to get many replies here as this forum is dying a slow death. Google HealthUnlocked My Osteoporosis Journey, for some ideas to get you started and introduction to a more lively forum (my story).

Treating the parathyroid issue should help, but as you have had other health issues you can't rely just on Nature to put things right. But there is a lot you can do. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.