Alendronic acid muscles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi after about 6 weeks im still suffering joint and muscle pain are any of u experiencing the same

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No, but my sister did and had to get off AA. She did not give me much detail and only told me months after she had stopped.

What are your tscores? You need to know this to help make an informed decision.

Some people have been prescribed this drug with osteopenia only.

Read all the information and posts from others on here.

• Posted

I have been taking AA since December 2016 and have experienced muscle aches after taking it for a few months. The pain was not that bad, but my body always felt sore, like I did a lot of exercise, but I didn't. I stopped taking AA for 3 weeks now and I don't feel any body aches. Did you continue taking AA or did you change medications?

• Posted

Hi

I stopped taking AA. The nurse has given me a year to try to sort it out myself with supplements and diet.

I will have another Dexa scan to check whether the oesteoporosis is stable or not. Then have to see wat

possibilties there are, maybe another sort of medication, but I will never take the AA again.

Let me know how you get on.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.