Alfuzosin and thirst/dehydration?

Posted , 8 users are following.

My imagination...or real? I wake up at 2 in the morning with a wicked thirst and dry mouth. Every night without fail. I am on alfuzosin daily, taken before bed around 10 pm. Then clearly bone-dry dehydrated at 2 in the morning. Every night. Drink a lot of water to satiate and then I have the other problem an hour later. Anyone experience that with this drug? I've been on it three years now and don't recall it a problem back when. I am 73 yo and in otherwise OK health. I also take melatonin before bed. Thanks for any thoughts.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No, alfuzosin is special. Every medicine has half-life in the body and is eventually excreted by liver.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.