Alfuzosin user

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone, new to the forum. so im on my 6th pill of prostetrol 10 mg today and ive been wondering how long till i see improvement, my Urologist has put me on prostetrol 10 a pill before bed for a month

would love to hear yall story

Al

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been using alfuzosin 10mg for over 15 years now for my BPH. As an alpha blocker it should work within the first few pills and make it easier to pee. Even now if I miss one pill it is tougher to pee but as soon as I take my next one I am better. I also take it in the evening but some people suggest taking it with food at dinner as the food helps to matabolize it. I first started on Flomax but it made me dizzy. I've never had any such problems with alfuzosin (uro xatral). But never ever take more than one at a time!

"V1rotate" - you mus be an airline pilot!!

• Posted

Google "uroxatrol FDA" and you should see the link "UROXATRAL® (alfuzosin HCl extended-release tablets) - FDA".

Click on the link and a .pdf file will open. Navigate to page two and look at Figure 1. You can readily see that alfuzosin appears to maintain a much higher plasma concentration when taken immediately after a meal. Here's a quote:

"Effect of Food: As illustrated in Figure 1, the extent of absorption is 50% lower under fasting

conditions. Therefore, UROXATRAL should be taken immediately following a meal."

• Posted

well im on my pill number 12 today and weirdly enough im having worse bph than ever especially today, before i used to go to bathroom every hour and half to two hours to pee, today every 30 to 45 mints on top of than im having ED after i went on this medicine, never had ED before

whats is going on people

whats even more werid than all than is my ultrasound and pee test showed nothing all looked normal

• Posted

well, almost over 2 days without alfuzosin feels much better than on alfuzosin, i dont know if im having bph or something else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.