All advice welcomed!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm lotti! I have had hs since I was about 5 but only diagnosed since I was 19, i have currently got 10 swollen boils on my thighs and armpits and dozens more that aren't swollen or painful. Does anyone have any pain management tips other than hot compress? I've tried turmeric and it doesn't work for me and I'm currently awaiting surgery to remove large areas of skin, have been taking codeine and tramadol but they don't help and I'm at the end of my tether! If anyone has anything they do to either relieve pain or help them burst please please help! Thank you smile 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lotto

God - you poor girl. How painful that must be. I've currently got 2 and that's bad enough.

Have you tried ice? Try holding some frozen peas or whatever to them - it's quite numbing.

Take care and hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I've not tried ice thank you smile and don't worry about me, it's painful as it is for you I'm sure but we all manage and have our own struggles just wish the nhs would hurry up with the surgery lol thank you again! X
  • Posted

Hi lotti,  

You must be in so  much pain right now, I could cry for you.  I asked the dermatologist if there was any numbing topical cream that could be applied to the affected areas, she said even if there were such a product, it wouldn't be any good  as the boils/abscesses  are too deep. I disagree, because  as we all know, it's the swelling that hurts the most. Ice does help if you can bear to touch the affected area. Failing that avoid contact with anything that can touch or rub against the boils. If the boils are not open wounds then applying talc helps. All this is stuff you more than likely already know and I'm sorry It's not much help, but at least you know you're not on your own. Good luck with the surgery, I hope it is soon. 

• Posted

Hello Lotto iam a 56 yr old woman an have them for most of my life for the pain i take asprin  the asprin thin the blood an takes the pain away with very hot baths till they burst open good luck
  • Posted

Thanks guys, I baby thought of talc or aspirin thank you! Just high as a kite on tramad
  • Posted

Ohhh silly phone! I just take tramadol was what I was trying to say! My gp is fab and has giving me some numbing cream, it helps the smaller ones but I had one 2 weeks ago about 6 inches in diameter and it did nothing for that sad so frustrating, where's the miracle cure we all need!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.