all alone

Posted , 5 users are following.

:cry: hi i started reductil last thursday, (7th may) there is no one on it to talk to on site.but since were all trying to do the same thing i hope someone will be wiling to chat as we all need support. weighed in at 17 stone :oops: at 5\"9 thats big. .my final straw came when i had to have a bigger uniform at work size 20 . i am already eating smaller portions due to feeling fuller.weigh day is monday 18th .has anyone used reductil before .how did you get on? thanks for any replies greatly recieved ju.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Juejue I haven't used Reductil at all but just wanted to say you are not alone....we are on different medication but we all have the same end....'the thin end of the wedge' !! Thin being the operative word!

Just want to encourage you to keep going and talk to us.

• Posted

:D thanks for the support, at the moment not sure how ive done weight wise as batteries have run out on scales.(probably a good thing) will wait for doctors weigh in on 12th day,this monday coming. how are you doing and finding your dieting experience?.
  • Posted

Welcome Juejue,

I agree with the others. OK you are not taking orlistat but at the end of the day I believe we are more of a weight loss support group than drug specific as you will see many of the posts are about low fat treats and willpower rather than the specific orlistat side effects etc.

If you are trying to lose weight then welcome. We are all in the same boat and hopefully we will all succeed.

Let us know how you get on.

The weight loss journey is a long hard one and we all need a friend to give a helping hand!

Lelly xx

• Posted

juejue - I lost 8lb in the first 4 weeks, I felt that was slow compared to other fad eating regimes however as long as it was downward I was quite content. I seem to have stuck since that but I took some sound advice from RR (thanks Ruth) and ate more fat and thankfully the scales are starting to show me a downward trend again. Just concentrate on being positive and you will get there eventually. We are all on the same journey.
  • Posted

Hi guys :D

I am new to this, I started my orlistat tablets today. I've been reading all your posts for a few days to get some inside info and feel very encouraged smile

I am a size 20, and have lost a stone on my own before commencing the tablets. It's nice to know there's a bunch of people in a similar situation as me. smile

• Posted

:D thank you everyone for the encouragement its good to chat to people all in the same boat and rowing hard.juejue
  • Posted

quill drill what kinda things are u eating now? i need to up my fat intake as my scales are now not moving after 2 stone weight loss! help!
  • Posted

Where will I start

Breakfast - 1/2 banana: 1 slice wholemeal bread: scraping of flora light: scraping of marmalade

Tea with milk

Coffee with Milk and one slice Ryvita (the dunking one) Mid-morning.

Lunch was a wholemeal (2 slices) salad sandwich....2 thin slices ham: lots of lettuce: lots of tomatoes: scraping of extra light mayonnaise: other half banana: coffee

Dinner: pork chop grilled: 1 baked pot in microwave: lots of cabbage cooked in microwave: 1 spoonful of gravy (home made with fat strained off)

Handful of black grapes and coffee.

All this brings me to about 30 grams of fat and almost 1,500 calories. I wasn't eating either enough calories or fat....hard to get that into one's head but we'll see if I still go downwards in the few days I have before hols when I am going off for a week.

• Posted

LOL!!!! Left out a WW Ice cream cone!!!
  • Posted

Hi and welcome JueJue

Hi to every one. This site, and everyone on it is a god send. I have raved about this site and the support that it provides.

We all provide an invaluable service to one an-other. I hope that we all achieve our goals and can all celebrate in everyone's success.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.