all day anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I for the last 3months, spent almost all day every day worrying about my health, finally after 3 months, my symptoms have been diagnosed as IBS and anxiety, after numerous tests....including blood, endoscopy and Ultrasound scan......now, still knowing i am fine, i find it difficult to go through a day without feeling weak, tired and with an upset stomach....sometimes feeling nausea......signs of both IBS and anxiety.

Has anyone got any tips or advice about how to deal with this....or at the very least can anyone confirm if they deal with the same problems.?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am almost old enough to drive. I get the same symptoms you get, except I overheat in certain scenarios. When I'm in a car with someone. It scares me that I don't have control. Or if Were driving the a bad part of town and my head spins and I start sweating.
  • Posted

Yeah ive suffered this for years now its horrible but its one ov them things we have to deal with ourselves im afraid as docs cant do apart from the health anxiety part ov it which will help the ibs. Sorry to hear ur goin throu this and i hope you get sorted soon. Im sure your all good and healthy and try not to worry much as ive suffered health anxiety for years and im on depression tabs and councillin as i think im gunna die soon and i e got a horrible disease. Been to hosp and docs all the time not the way i want to live my life at 30. Im a wreak and wud hate u to end up like me. Please keep ur Chin up
    • Posted

Hi Simon, well I am 29 years old, for 3 months now I have been suffering from Health Anxiety...same as yourself I understand, been a tough long 3 months and it has taken its toll on me...however, a new year, and its time for me to put this behind me and improve my life....starting with getting into good physical shape, no more alcohol, no more high fatty junk processed foods, all health food, daily work out, Tai Chi, Meditation, breathing exercises and filling my life with positive things only....no more feeling sorry for myself...and everyday, spending just 5 minutes telling myself I have done well today, at the end of a day, tell myself out loud that I have done well....I have got through another day and I am improving everyday.....talking helps...so if you want to talk, message me....we should be able to help each other get through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.