All done!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Finally its all over. Had my op about 11am on Wednesday morning. Had a spinal block for pain relief after and it is well woth having....Had a pretty uncomfortable night but the operation itself was a complete success. Came home yesterday and that is a relief in itself. Can honestly say it was no where as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Hot flushes have started today so need to see my GP next week for HRT.. Hope all is well with all you other lovely ladies....Happy Easter!!!! xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

great to be on the post op side. pleased for you rest as much as you can
  • Posted

Great to hear that you ok,did you have keyhole surgery?Not sure about the epidural.How much does it numb you and how long for.Think I rather go for the general and morphine.My op is on Wedsso not much longer to think about it.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted with you recovery.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

I had admominal surgery with a general but the spinal was for pain relief after surgery. It was brilliant kept me numb for a good 6-8 hours after I came round......Also had morphine but made me feel really really sick then they gave me codine which was better alonside anti sickness.  Will keep my fingers crossed for you for wednesdayIm sure all will be fine xx

• Posted

Hi Diane,

Does the epidural just numb your stomach or your legs aswell?Sorry I am getting very nervous now that I have even put the wrong day down for my op.It is Tues not Weds.

xxx

• Posted

i'm hoping to refuse morphine as i want to be as alert as possible when i come round, its a control thing as in if i need to run out of a burning building lol i will be able to do so, this sort of rules out the spine block as well. Glad you are feeling well, my op is Monday 13th April (if it actually goes ahead this time)
  • Posted

Sorry Diane I just read your comments on another discussion and I found out that it wasn't keyhole surgery.To come out Fri was very quick.Did you feel ready to go home. Can I ask because you had fibroids like me did you want to know how much they weighed.I would be interested considering one of mine is 20cm.Did you have your ovaries removed aswell? Please give me as many tips as possible please ready for my op on Tues.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Diane

so glad you are fine, have a good recovery, Happy Easter.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Jaqueline

So far so good bit sore today maybe bit of Easter egg willhelp lol lol Love  Di x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.