All I think about is anxiety 24/7

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else think of anxiety all day! And just wanting to feel normal

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you are not alone.always remember when you feel isolated and wonder why the "simplest " things are so difficult for you,that we are all in this together and we are all fighting the same battle.you are not alone ,even when you feel like you are.

• Posted

Take some time off. Agree with yourself that it is okay to take a break from your thoughts and go do something that will make you laugh or feel good inside. Whether it be a trip to the mall to buy something you have been wanting, a walk on the beach or in the park with a trusted friend or pet or going to a comedy club with a friend. You need and deserve a break. Its okay to do this. That what if trap we all get stuck in is a lie. What if i dont think about it, what if im wrong and something is happening, or what if im dying and i ignored it...its all an anxiety bully whispering in your ear a load of lies. 
  • Posted

Yes, and the way to push it away is distraction without a doubt.  I don't sleep well at all and thoughts in my head do my head in.  So I sit up and read a mag.  Through the day the thoughts about just not being myself and anxious take over, and it is proven that if you go for a fast walk but smile whilst doing it, this is as powerful as any anti-dep.  I do it and it does work.  Just look a bit stupid smiling on my own.  So I also do it in the house; I will walk from one room to another (well jog actually) and smile.  Sounds crazy but it works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.