All of a sudden I have eczema in my adult life when I've never had it before. Can I cure it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I was 18 I noticed I had a small, red island shaped rash on the side of my face. I'm 20 now and it's spread to the joints of my arms, the back of my knees, my neck, forehead and eyelids.

I haven't a clue what to do and I'm seriously depressed because of it. It's took over my entire life.

Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has this been diagnosed as Exzema?

It sounds a little like Psoriasis also.

Try googling skin Exzema/Psoriasis images to see if anything looks similar.

• Posted

Whatever you do DO NOT treat your eczema with any sort of steroid cream prescribed have a little read about red skin syndrome, I think I'm now suffering with that and it's unbearable, I'm struggling to cope and see a way out of this when it feels like I have burns all over my body and I can't do anything to ease it, the itch is far worse and even water stings someone please help sad
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,I agree steroid creams usually cause more problems.I don't know anything about red skin syndrome but have you tried Pimecrolimus cream - Elidel ? Look into it.

I am starting to think fungi is responsible for many skin problems-please look into this also.

• Posted

I have deleted the posts re the other thread as this is off topic for this discussion. I have contacted the user by message about this.

Regards,

Alan

Emis Moderator

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.