All of a sudden very tired for a week even after being on medication for over a month.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was rediagnosed with hyperthyroidism for the fourth time in late March. This time around, I didn't have the normal symptoms I've had before (weight loss, fast heart rate). This time I was super itchy, had weak legs, tight neck, brain fog, headaches, sore eyes, tiredness and did not experience weight loss as I had before. The nodules in my thyroid also grew on one side by .5 centimeters but was not big enough for a biopsy. I was put back on Methimazole and Propanolol and my symptoms went away. Now, after 2 ish months on medication, I am all of a sudden very tired (can't even drive), sometimes lightheaded, and have a loss of appetite and upset stomach. Is it possible that I am experiencing side effects of hyperthyroidism/my medication even though I've been stable on medication for a while? Or is it signaling something else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel, From my experience, stomach upset is one of the many side effects of ATM, like MMI. However, it probably depends on the ATM dose and length taking it. What's the dose you took and are taking? and how long you have been taking? Weather change may also cause different symptoms...

• Posted

You may have an autoimmune cause for your hyperthyroidism as well as your nodules.  Have you been investigated for this?  If you have Hashimoto's, you will bounce back and forth from hyper to hypo.  Also, if your diastolic blood pressure is very low, you will feel light-headed.  You may also have vitamin, mineral and amino acid deficiencies due to your hyperthyroidism and you need to replace these in your body.  What are your last lab test results?  

• Posted

Hi, there is the possibility that you are getting hypothyroid and your antithyroid drug dose needs adjusting. This has happened to me. My TSH shot up to several times the upper limit and my FT4 was below normal. I was feeling extremely tired and was sleeping a lot. 

Is your next blood test due soon? 

• Posted

Can not believe it I thought it was just me with so many symptoms or just in my head ... I know there are so many people with this nasty unpredictable  nightmare but feel so alone 

I really know how ur feeling  really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.