Skip to content

Hyperthyroidism

Also known as Grave's Disease, Overactive Thyroid, Thyroid - Overactive

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Im new to this. Some questions about hyperactive thyroid.

I was recently diagnosed with hyperactive thyroid. My Dr. put me on Metoprolol. My symptoms came on very suddenly. I was rocking my 10 month old in our recliner and had started to get a small headache, not long after that I started feeling really light-headed, dizzy, and nauseous. I checked my BP and...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism and Proprananol

Hi. I'm not on here much, but would like to know if ppl are getting relief from Proprananol. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism about a month ago. I knew my thyroid was a problem. When I was in my late 20's, I woke to a large cyst on my thyroid gland. I was given meds to shut it down. The...

Last reply
  • Just been told I have hyperthyroidism and a bit confused.

Hello, new here been reading other post and finding them very interesting and helpful. I went to doctors with a sore foot and also complained about generally a vague not feeling great.  Blood test done and turns out I have an overactive thyroid because I'm over weight (5foot3, size 16/18) GP...

Last reply
  • EXTREME hyper/hypo swing

HI all, I just swung from a TSH of .01 to 112 in 6 weeks (ref. range 0.4-4.5)! I was put on 30 mg of Methimazole initially.  My T3/T4 went down after 6 weeks, but my TSH didn't move. My doctor kept me on the Methimazole and 6 weeks later, while feeling horrible, I asked for a retest and I was...

Last reply
  • Doctors in Washington State

Not sure if this is appropriate for this forum; feel free to delete or message me privately. I'm moving from California to Washington State (Tacoma area) and I'm looking for new doctor(s) to treat Graves.  Anyone have suggestions?

Posted
  • Blood results

hi all some advice please  latest bloods  TSH 2.38 range. 0.30-4.50 TB11 0.6  range 0.1 FT3. 4.7  range 3.1-6.8 FT4 20.3. Range 10-22 

Last reply
  • Hyperthyoidism TED and double vision

I have hyperthyroidism which was finally identified and medicated  (carbimazole) in June 2017.  Although initial tests for TED were negative I have since developed double vision but fortunately no bulging eyes.  A prism on the left lens of my glasses has certainly helped but some days...

Last reply
  • New Diagnosis - Blood Results, Symptoms, Overweight

I thought I'd post to this board to see if anyone can provide me with some advise and maybe some answers, too. I'm a female, 48, who was just diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism by my GP.  (I haven't seen an endocrinologist yet.)  It's something that was found during a routine check-up...

Last reply
  • Symptoms, a bit embarrassing..

Hi all, I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism in April 2017 so it's been about a year now and I'm almost 27 years old. I'm still struggling with my symptoms. I have one in particular that I'd like to see if anyone else is experience. My sex drive.. I've completely lost it and...

Last reply
  • Graves disease and stomach gastritis

Hi everyone I have graves disease and I'm in remission since I got graves disease I started having stomach issue like burping a lot and left side upper and back middle pain my GP sent me for endoscopy and I been diagnosed with stomach gastritis I'm taking omeperezole for it .its helping but...

Last reply
  • Heart issues with Hyperthyroidism

So I've been having some weird issues and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on them. 30 year old male. About a year ago after fainting I went to the hospital and everything came back normal. I remembered that I had a history of hyperthyroidism in the family so they tested that and the blood...

Last reply
  • Can hyperthyroid symptoms come and go?

I've had distinctive symptoms of hyperthyroid for about 18 months now, but they come and go. They usually last for a couple of weeks, and then I won't have anything for a few months until it hits me again. I had blood tests done last year, but both times these were done in my 'off' periods....

Last reply
  • New bloods can anyone advise please???

Hi, I had my bloods yesterday and my results are: TSH 1.72 (0.35-5.5) Free T3 4.6 (3.5-6.5) Free T4 7 (7-17) I spoke to endo on the phone 2 days ago based on my last results which were: TSH 0.02 Free T4 10.5 He agreed I needed to reduce carbimazole from 30 to 15 a day. Now I'm very tired, puffy...

Last reply
  • L-carnitine and Grave's

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I was recently diagnosed with Grave's (TSH < 0.01, FT3 12.5 and FT4 33.1). I will be starting my medication 20 mg of carbamizole tomorrow. I have been lurking and reading some of your posts and learned that L-carnitine could be a useful supplement. What I...

Last reply
  • My latest blood results

ENDOCRINOLOGYThyroid FunctionTHYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 2.25 mIU/L range (0.27 - 4.20) FREE THYROXINE 15.1 pmol/L range .is...(12.00 - 22.00) TOTAL THYROXINE(T4) 76.8 nmol/L range is ( 59.00 - 154.00 FREE T3 result ...

Last reply
  • Do you think this my thyroid?

Hi, I have been having strange symptoms for about a year now. I have had blood tests and Iguess everything was in normal range but I’ve been wondering if I should do some more digging. I have done tons of tests and seen a neuro to rule out ms and other things.  My symptoms are head pressure, fatigue,...

Last reply
  • Graves and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)

Hello,  I have been living with Graves/hyperthyroidism for 2 years now. I’m  euthyroid (all blood lab in normal range) and on a very low dose of antithyroid meds for maintenance. I’m considering getting eyelid surgery for cosmetic reasons (born with hooded lids) I do not have TED but I do...

Last reply
  • Feeling crap

Hi everyone I have been in remission since last April but since December have felt unwell had bloods done in. Jan a bit confused thyroid antibodies came back at 43,not sure what other levels were seeing encroligist in 2 weeks bloods will be done next week if it is back again this will be 4th time in...

Last reply
  • going against doctors order?

Hi,  has anyone ever experienced where your endo or GP has said that your thyroid results are in normal range but you feel hyper and have all the symptoms of hyper? I have Graves’ disease and have been on block and replace for 1 year and still feel hyper.  My endo says I should stay at 125mg...

Last reply
  • Any advice please?

Hi, I have hyperthyroidism and my last bloods week and a half ago were: TSH: 0.02(0.5-5.5) Free T4: 10.5 (7-17) I was on 30mg of carbimazol and have reduced to 15mg a day. I have been getting more constipated, tired, itchy scalp and puffy eyelids, my heart is not as fast as when I was diagnosed but still...

Last reply
  • Psychosis caused by graves disease

Anyone had a psychotic episode caused by an overactive thyroid? Unsure which came first as only had a physical health check after coming out of psychiatric hospital and most doctors seem to be unsure what caused it but one suggested that my psychosis was caused by an overactive thyroid so just wondering...

Last reply
  • How am I looking?

Hi Everyone.  So I have been living with Graves (well since I have been diagnosed) since November. I'm a 42-year-old female who would possibly (if it happens it happens) like to have a baby. My main ask is about my Graves and not the baby stuff.  My results so far... 30.11.17 TSH...

Last reply
  • Radioiodine treatment - Real life view wanted!

Hi all, I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid nearly 3 years ago and was treated with PTU for a while (I reacted badly to Carbimazole). I stabilsed and they took me off the medication just over a year ago. I remained stable for about 6 months or so, but at my last check up they said my blood...

Last reply
  • nausea with an overactive thyroid.

Hi all I`ve come to ask advice as last night I had severe nausea a few times during the night. I was retching but not actually sick!  I`m pretty sure my thyroid levels have gone over- active at the moment as I`ve got the `old ` symptoms of hyper, sweating, hungry, needing the loo a lot. I`m taking...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism what should I expect ?

Hello guys, I haven’t been diagnosed yet (my appoiment with the endo is next week) my hand a legs tremors sarted almost 3 months but they got worse after I got the flu. I went to the doctor one week ago and the doctor noticed that my thyroid was large. Besides the tremors I feel sick in general, my body...

Last reply
  • HELP BLOOD TEST

Hi I'm hoping someone can offer advice, I had my bloods done yesterday, I have hyperthyroidism and my free T4 3 weeks ago was 35.5 and my TSH was 0.02. Today my results are free T4 10.5 (7-17) and TSH 0.02. I have been taking 30mg carbimazole a day and the GP I saw wants me to continue on 30mg a...

Last reply
  • Confused - big change in TSH (not on treatment)

My mother has goitre but has never had an out of range thyroid test. I test positive for high levels of TPO antibodies and was previously hovering with TSH higher than preferable (about 4.2 I believe - range 0.5 to 4.5) and T4 at lower end of normal (13.5 - range approx 10 to 25). This was about 20...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism???

Hi all. I'm new here. I was tested today for hyperthyroidism. I have to say I'm praying it's the reason for my symptoms. Otherwise, I'm thinking I might only have about a year left. I have kind of a long story, but I'll try and shorten it. When I was about 30, I had a cyst on my thyroid....

Last reply
  • Stopping methimazole

My levels are going into the hypo range and so my gp told me to stop taking methimazole. Is there side effects from stopping or withdrawal symptoms? I was on 5 mg once a day. I have not been on it for 6 days now.

Last reply
  • Confused.com

My brain is spinning at 100 miles an hour... I just wondered if people could give me some experience or suggestions of places to look for information - it is a mine field out there and struggling with where to start. Sorry for the long post, but here is the background... I am now in my 4th episode...

Last reply
  • Many Questions

Hi  So after the disappoint of not being in menopause, I was given the DX of Graves. I am concerned about the side effects of the medications and also feeling really crappy while trying to figure the right dosage. Are these valid concerns I see the Dr tomorrow to discuss plan of action. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.