Skip to content
Ad

Hyperthyroidism

Also known as Grave's Disease, Overactive Thyroid, Thyroid - Overactive

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Extreme anxiety and suspected hyperthyroidism

Hello all, I'm hoping maybe someone who has been through this might be able to give me some insight. I'm 29 and normally healthy but for the past several months I have been experiencing increasingly bad anxiety that I cannot explain. It started with panic attack like symptoms that would come...

Last reply
  • New to hyperthyroidism

I have just been diagnosed with this illness through a bloodtest . I was initially given setraline for stress and panic which I'm still on . Can anyone advise what symtoms they had before they found out that they had this please x

Last reply
  • Extremely low TSH but other thyroid test values normal??

Hi  I was wondering if someone can help me here. My mother, 55 years of age and always been a hypothyroid patient (runs in the family) recently got her thyroid testing done. Surprisingly, her TSH came way too low. i.e. about 0.005, whereas other values, T3, T4 and Free T4 were all within normal...

Last reply
  • Cat Claw herb

Learned that Cat Claw herb contains many benefits for health including improving immune functions. Not sure about its effect on hyperthyroidism or GD. Would like and appreciate to hear anyone's experience with taking Cat Claw herb and effects. Thanks

Last reply
  • Tsh borderline results

I received my lab results my tsh was 0.353 and it said on the blood test it was low ..I feel all the symptoms but my dr wants to wait another 3 months to give me my medication .. does anyone know if that’s a borderline high or high? Thank you 

Last reply
  • Hashimoto disease/thyroiditis

Can someone please break down this disease for me  Like how is it acquired Is it permanent  Read it’s hyperthyroidism then hypothyroidism  Does it cause thyroid cancer  My inflammation was short lived but accompanied by one enlarged lymph node also went down  Do you experience...

Last reply
  • Thoughts and info about Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)

Someone has claimed that EBV (called thyroid virus) is the real cause and trigger of all thyroid disorders including GD and Hashi. It is contradictory to the idea of autoimmune disorder that causes Hashi or GD. Has anyone further thoughts/info on this new or not very new discovery? Appreciate all replies.

Posted
  • Graves disease - just got the news. :(

Hi you guys.  It has all been fear and speculation up until now.  I just got the news that my uptake and scan indicate Graves disease.  I see the endo on dec 4.  I am hoping you guys can give me natural approaches to this rather than lots of meds or even worse, the death of my thyroid...

Posted
  • Please help...feel horrible! Graves

TSH .003 (.35-5.50) T4 free 1.19 (.80-1.80) T3 free 419.6 (230.0-420.0) been diagnosed with Graves. Had hypothyroidism for 20 years. In June started with hyper symptoms. Have a a ultrasound that showed a nodule and slight inflamed thyroid. Uptake test showed no hot or cold nodules but a heterogeneous...

Last reply
  • Interpreting thyroid ultrasound

I'm a 20 year old female. I went to my doctor because i've been experiencing fatigue and hair loss. Upon examining my thyroid, she thought it was on the bigger side so she ordered a thyroid ultrasound. I just picked them up and it says the right lobe is 4.9x.9x1.6 cm and the left lobe is 5.2x.9x1.5...

Last reply
  • Hair loss

Anyone else dealing with hair loss?? I experienced it once right before I got diagnosed.  When I started taking meds it stopped, but now that my labs are within "optimal range" it started up again!!! (although i think my T3 is low) It's very disconcerting and makes me sad to lose...

Last reply
  • Life after Thyroid Surgery...with Graves Disease

Hi there,                I have sat on my experience for about three months now as I wanted to share the aftermath of my thyroidectomy.  The surgery went better than they expected as they expected me to have a horse voice but when I woke up from surgery...

Last reply
  • New DX of hyperthyroidism

Blood says hyperthyroidism. Uptake and scan done last week. I am,waiting on results and am really angry that this is happening after taking god care of myself over the last 18 months. I am 53...still having some menstrual cycles and thought it was just period menopause symptoms. I'm feeling like...

Last reply
  • Joint/muscle pain and MM

Hi, Can anyone with experience confirm that joint/muscle pain is one of the many side effects of taking MM (Methimazole)? I think I suffered a bit joint/muscle pain on my left-hand wrist since starting taking MM -- not sure though it's after or before. I recently became euthyroid and decided to experimentally...

Last reply
  • Normal thyroid results for almost 9 years

For those of you who are new to a hyperthyroid diagnosis of Graves disease,  I want to give you all some hope.   Here are my latest thyroid test results which are all normal and have been for almost 9 years now.                      ...

Last reply
  • just diagnosed overactive thyroid

hi just diagnosed with overactive thyroid yesterday , waiting for a referal to consultant ,theres a waiting list  and my concern is that my hearts pounding so fast, my hairs wet through at work and my hands shake , cant sleep , im so worried ,,,, will i be ok until i get to see the cosultant for...

Last reply
  • Weight gain/loss and taking MM

Hi, Do you have experience with weight gain/loss when taking/stopping MM (Methimazole) for GD? How do you use it for a guide of taking med? For my theory/experience, when developing/acquiring GD, it would be a down road to weight loss. After taking MM, if effective, it would turn up and gain weight....

Last reply
  • Borderline Hyperthyroidism

Hi there, i have the following results TSH: 0.75 and Free T4: 23.1 (which is just above the "normal" range.) My Father also has Hyperthyroidism plus i have all the signs including fatigue, palpitations, sweating, low mood, feeling weak like im going to pass out plus many many more. These symptoms...

Last reply
  • Hashimoto (Any advice is greatly appreciated)

Recently dx with Hashimoto thyroiditis/disease but right now it’s the hyperthyroid stage. My questions is I read triggers like infection smoking and stress can contribute to having Hashimoto, is there any truth? Also what infections could contribute? Did a cbc w diff and neutrophils were high and lymphocytes...

Last reply
  • Weight Gain

Has anyone else struggled with weight gain with hyperthyroidism. I honestly thought I had underactive because I have put on so much weight over last three years and seem totally unable to control it or do anything about it. I am taking carbimazole and due to have radio iodine therapy near Christmas....

Last reply
  • What to do after euthyroid?

Since early July this year being diagnosed with GD, I have been taking MM (from 5mg to 2.5mg) and ALC 500mg (3 wks after taking MM) and other supplements/herbs plus reducing exercise and improving stress management... Now the latest test (10/13) shows I am euthyroid! My endo told me to continue 5mg MM...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with overactive thyroid!

Hi All I have just recently been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, apparently a womens thyroid level should be around 16 mine was 47! I have been prescribed carbimazole 40mg a day and propranolol 80mg a day. I just wanted some other sufferers thoughts on how to cope with this and the break up...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed Graves Disease..Need Help

Hi I am looking for some help as to what foods and vitamins are really needed to help with Graves symptoms. I have read and heard SO many things but I figured what better place to go but right here with others that have Grave's. I currently take women's multi Centrum, iron, b-12, vitamin d,...

Last reply
  • Methimazole : hair loss

Hi everyone I have been taking methimazole for about a month still seeing some hair shedding its really bother me to the point I want to cut but I'm scared if I cut it it will continue to shed. All my other symptoms have pretty much subsided I feel pretty good actually this is one my concerns now...

Last reply
  • Can someone help me please

hi, I am new here, I wonder if anyone can help me, I had a blood test my thyroid is showing over active, I have had a raised reading before but never needed treatment, I have also had a biopsy taken from my thyroid a few year ago as it has Benin lumps on it, for the last couple of months I have been...

Last reply
  • Improvement in Graves Disease recovery by using L-Carnitine?

When I first posted to this Board, I shared my story about the vast improvement in recovery from my Graves disease when I added first regular L-Carnitine and then Acetyl-L-Carnitine (which I obtained from a Health Food Store as well as by prescription) to my treatment regimen.as well as Vitamin D. Before...

Last reply
  • nausea with an overactive thyroid.

Hi all I`ve come to ask advice as last night I had severe nausea a few times during the night. I was retching but not actually sick!  I`m pretty sure my thyroid levels have gone over- active at the moment as I`ve got the `old ` symptoms of hyper, sweating, hungry, needing the loo a lot. I`m taking...

Last reply
  • Hashitoxicosis

My doctors office just called and said my dr is diagnosing me with Hashitoxicosis. Looked it up and haven't found much about it. Any info for would help!

Last reply
  • Multinoduler Goiter confused with my radioactive iodine scan.

Hello, This is the first time posting.  I was diagnosis with hyperthyroid.  Had an ultrasound they stated I had a nontoxic multinoduler goiter. After that my PC send me for uptake/scan. My results show exact notes: Impression: Abnormal thyroid uptake and scan. There is elevated thyroid...

Last reply
  • balance problems with thyroid

Hi im new on here does anyone have balance problems with over active thyroid my vision goes strange and i feel like drunk or on a boat my legs feel weak not sure could it be my thyroid, my tsh has gone my t4 and t3 normal toxic nodule on thyroid waiting to have half removed very confused i do not take...

Last reply
  • Hello

Hi I was wondering if anyone had suffered from sub clinical hyperthyroidism with multi nodules and what treatment they had had. Thanks

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.