Skip to content

Hyperthyroidism

Also known as Grave's Disease, Overactive Thyroid, Thyroid - Overactive

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Hyperthyroid, I think!

2 weeks ago while I work I got this feeling of raising pressure in my head and it felt as if I were going to faint. I went to the ER and had a complete work up. The only thing that they found was a very high BP and pulse,  T4 of 13 and a TSH of 0.05 and it was down hill from there! I’m having blurred...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hyperthyroid just diagnosed

Hi I have just been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism I’ve been off work since 2may I initially thought I had a bug, but I noticed that I had been experiencing some of the symptoms for a while.  I’m not due to see an endocrinologist until 21st of June. I’m on beta blockers to slow the racing heart...

Last reply
  • Concerning new blood test

Hello,      I'm 20 years old, male. I've come to this forum before for anxiety and stomach problems, but a new blood test revealed something a bit strange. I took a hormone test because I always felt anxious, cold, short of breath, the like, and I got my results back as abnormal....

Last reply
  • Self medicating

Looking for some advice. I was diagnosed with Graves in 2014, which was managed using carbimizole. My T4 results became normal however TSH remained supressed >0.01 I came of Carbimizole in 2016 when I fell pregnant, my levels were fine throughout although TSH again >0.01. Had a blood test in...

Last reply
  • Can someone try and answer my question, Please? Please?

Hi all, To start off I have a terminal illness. I have a world renowned Dr. And he cant even help me after I'm done with these 3 meds now. Its wretched , viral, horrid CDCdisease I would NEVER wish I anybody. Been seeing him 31 years plus had it 4 yrs prior to that we think. Sorry trying to give...

Last reply
  • Allergic reaction to Methimazole

Good evening, I was recently diagnosed with Graves Disease and placed in Methimazole 10mg twice a day. I have been taking the Med for 2 weeks and I am having extreme itching and a rash. When speaking with my dr she suggested I go to a dermatologist . I did and she prescribed ointments and an otc lotion....

Last reply
  • GELP!!! I forgot to take last dose of Methimazole!

I am on 15 mg of Methimazole a day. Yesterday morning I took 5 mg at the normal time I always take it along with my Lexapro and Metoprolol. I normally take the last 10mg in the evening, sometimes before bed. Last night I was trying to get my baby to sleep and I ended up dozing off myself and slept through...

Last reply
  • Hashitoxicosis

My doctors office just called and said my dr is diagnosing me with Hashitoxicosis. Looked it up and haven't found much about it. Any info for would help!

Last reply
  • 2 year old with untreated overactive thyroid

Hi everyone, I posted on here a few weeks ago about my two year old who is showing high levels of both TSH and T4 in his latest blood test results. The doctors are baffled, calling for more tests and then we will take things from there I guess.my son isn't right at all but at the minute, what's...

Last reply
  • Graves’ disease block and replace method

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Graves’ disease 15 months ago and have been put on the block and replace method at a level of 125mg of Levo per day but I always felt I was too high due to having heart palps constantly, brain fog etc and feeling generally anxious but the endo said for me to continue to...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroid, I think!

2 weeks ago while I work I got this feeling of raising pressure in my head and it felt as if I were going to faint. I went to the ER and had a complete work up. The only thing that they found was a very high BP and pulse,  T4 of 13 and a TSH of 0.05 and it was down hill from there! I’m having blurred...

Posted
  • Nausea and hyperthyroidism

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism two months ago, and just went to see the endocrinologist, who gave me these blood results: tsh less than 0.03 free t4 over 100 free t3 40.3 I have some symptoms which seem to be common, e.g. weight loss, tremor, nervousness, high heart rate, sweating, weakness,...

Last reply
  • Need help: SEVERE UNDERWEIGHT

I have had a diagnosis for multinodular goiter for many years.  I was on and off methimazole, which I have abandoned because I was constantly getting colds and viruses.  I believe it wrecked my immune system.  Now, I have started Paleo and gluten free, but after jumping around with various...

Last reply
  • what’s is Normal tsh and ft4?

I was diagnosed with Graves’ disease and had read high ft4 and low tsh. Been on medication for over a year and it’s gradually come down but my latest results are tsh 1.4 which is lower than result few months back but ft4 has dropped to 11.4, so looks like tsh going more towards overactive again but ft4...

Last reply
  • Anyone needed Anxiety meds along with Metoprolol and Methimazole?

I've been taking my Metoprolol for about two months now and Methimazole for around a month if I can remember right. Everything had been doing fine until about two weeks ago. I normally take my medicine at 12pm but at around 10 or 11 I started getting really bad anxiety for no reason. I called my...

Last reply
  • Contrast in MRI/CT scans and hyperthyroidism

I am sure I have read that the contrast used in MRI/CT scans can give some people  thyroid problems.  Over the past four years I have had several CT/MRI scans after a cancer diagnosis and it was during this time that my hyperthyroidism was diagnosed. My endocrinologist says contrast cannot/will...

Last reply
  • what can I expect?

I had been feeling really unwell following my dad's diagnosis of terminal cancer. I couldn't stop shaking, had palpitations, was losing weight, kept over heating, had swollen ankles and quite honesty felt awful. I found that I had no energy and my legs and arms ached. i assumed...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism

Hi had my results back and now t4 18.5 from 43.5 so in range but my tsh still the same 0.01  Still feeling ill the worst is the brain fog and lightheaded  And what I don't understand is the weird numbing and tight feeling in my hands arms and legs sometimes tightness around the eyes ...

Last reply
  • Graves disease and stomach gastritis

Hi everyone I have graves disease and I'm in remission since I got graves disease I started having stomach issue like burping a lot and left side upper and back middle pain my GP sent me for endoscopy and I been diagnosed with stomach gastritis I'm taking omeperezole for it .its helping but...

Last reply
  • Two year old with high T4 and high TSH levels

Hi, I have a very poorly two year old who hasn’t the energy to get through the day most days. After blood tests galore, it seems he has an overactive thyroid. However, doctors are baffled because his T4 is raised (as I believe it should be with an over active thyroid) but his TSH is also raised- which...

Last reply
  • Eyes are now burning

Things are just getting worse, now my eyes are but rning all the time. I had cataract surgery in January, found out I have hyperthyroid in March, and have2 nodules on my thyroid, as well as COPD, now this last week my eyes started to burn, nothing helps. I what’ve to wait another 2 months before seeing...

Last reply
  • Just got my numbers, please explain!

Hi, after reading some advice on here, I asked for a copy of my most recent blood test results. I was diagnosed in late October and have been on 40 mg carbimazole since. The new numbers say: Serum free T4 level 57.7 Serum Tsh level 0.01 Can anyone tell me what these indicate, beyond what I already see...

Last reply
  • Overheating with Graves Disease

I wonder if anyone else suffers from overheating with Graves/ Hyperthyroidism? I can sense that I am starting to get very how - this makes me feel lightheaded and unwell. This feeling continues for a few minutes and then when the heat 'breaks' I feel really hungry. This is then followed by an...

Last reply
  • Is anyone experiencing acne due to hyperthyroidism?

I’ve been recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (Grave’s Disease). Before I was diagnosed, I started noticing acne breakouts along my arms as well as on my lower cheek, chin, chest and back. I have always had pretty smooth skin up until a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone else here has experienced...

Last reply
  • Stopping methimazole

My levels are going into the hypo range and so my gp told me to stop taking methimazole. Is there side effects from stopping or withdrawal symptoms? I was on 5 mg once a day. I have not been on it for 6 days now.

Last reply
  • walking and hyperthyroidism

Hi all I need some advice.  I was diagnosed with graves disease (hyperthyroidism) a few years ago and I've recently had a relapse.  I got laid off from my job last year and found a new one, I work in a restaurant.  I became very ill and weak due to symptoms, couldn't walk and...

Last reply
  • Alcohol Ablation For Hyperthyroid?

Has anyone tried the alcohol ablation? I'm seeing a new group of doctors that want to try this on me because no one can figure out what is causing my hyperthyroidism for over 5 years. I'm unable to do iodine uptakes due to allergy to iodine and my nodules are hard not cysts.  I'm reading...

Last reply
  • Lowering thyroxine dose

My endo has stated that my blood results have come back stating that I’m at the higher end of the normal range and has advised me to decrease from 125mg to 100mg of thyroxine per day.  I’ve been on 125mg for 1 year and have told him that I’ve felt hyper all year but he told me not to decrease as...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism, or just plain ole' anxiety?

Hi! I'm hoping to get some insight on my current situation. ​Five years ago, I went through a really bad patch of anxiety, and was put on an SSRI (antidepressant). It's helped immensely, and I haven't had any anxiety issues since. ​This past March, I started to notice some minor but a bit...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.