Skip to content
Ad

Hyperthyroidism

Also known as Grave's Disease, Overactive Thyroid, Thyroid - Overactive

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hashitoxicosis

My doctors office just called and said my dr is diagnosing me with Hashitoxicosis. Looked it up and haven't found much about it. Any info for would help!

Last reply
  • Multinoduler Goiter confused with my radioactive iodine scan.

Hello, This is the first time posting.  I was diagnosis with hyperthyroid.  Had an ultrasound they stated I had a nontoxic multinoduler goiter. After that my PC send me for uptake/scan. My results show exact notes: Impression: Abnormal thyroid uptake and scan. There is elevated thyroid...

Last reply
  • What to do after euthyroid?

Since early July this year being diagnosed with GD, I have been taking MM (from 5mg to 2.5mg) and ALC 500mg (3 wks after taking MM) and other supplements/herbs plus reducing exercise and improving stress management... Now the latest test (10/13) shows I am euthyroid! My endo told me to continue 5mg MM...

Last reply
  • Improvement in Graves Disease recovery by using L-Carnitine?

When I first posted to this Board, I shared my story about the vast improvement in recovery from my Graves disease when I added first regular L-Carnitine and then Acetyl-L-Carnitine (which I obtained from a Health Food Store as well as by prescription) to my treatment regimen.as well as Vitamin D. Before...

Last reply
  • balance problems with thyroid

Hi im new on here does anyone have balance problems with over active thyroid my vision goes strange and i feel like drunk or on a boat my legs feel weak not sure could it be my thyroid, my tsh has gone my t4 and t3 normal toxic nodule on thyroid waiting to have half removed very confused i do not take...

Last reply
  • Hello

Hi I was wondering if anyone had suffered from sub clinical hyperthyroidism with multi nodules and what treatment they had had. Thanks

Last reply
  • Possible remission

What are your thoughts?? It's only been 4 months since taking meds (2 months on methimazole and 2 on PTU) and my MD thinks I'm going into possible remission.  He is having me retake labs next week to see where my levels are and possibly take me off PTU.  I am a little hesitant as...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroid Numbers Help!

Recently was referred to an endrocrongolist for hyperthryoid sysmptoms. Ive had multple tests with doctos who all tell me my numbers are fine. After doing etensive research on these forums and online, my number worry me. Normal vs optimal ranges.  My TSH seems to be continueing to drop. Results...

Last reply
  • Subacute thyroiditis

Has anyone heard of this if so I heard it stems from a viral infection. Do you think hiv triggers this. I’m just looking at all the different hyperthyroidism types. 

Last reply
  • Needed and appreciated for sharing your experience in lowering TSI

Hi, Just came back from meeting with my PCP. Very disappointed that my request for a TSI test was denied for the reason: once you got GD, the antibody will always be there in your body, so no need for the test. I know if just take anti-thyroid med alone, the GD won't be cured and TSI won't drop....

Last reply
  • About to start trial of Methimazole

Been struggling with potential thyroid symptoms for a number of years now. Every year they seem to be getting worse, especially the heat intolerance. I went from sweating on armpits and feet, then as the years have passed pretty much everywhere on my body in the heat (Generalized Hyperhidrosis). ...

Last reply
  • Graves and Horrible Symptoms for years, time for Thyroidectomy?

This is kind of a long one but I WILL REALLY APPERCIATE any input. I am 31 year old male and type one diabetic for 18 years. I was diagnosed with graves disease a year ago and was very hyper TSH <0.006 range - 0.450-4.500 , T4 5.61 range - 0.82-1.77 (no T3 test at this time, March 2015) I was put...

Last reply
  • Graves disease and stomach gastritis

Hi everyone I have graves disease and I'm in remission since I got graves disease I started having stomach issue like burping a lot and left side upper and back middle pain my GP sent me for endoscopy and I been diagnosed with stomach gastritis I'm taking omeperezole for it .its helping but...

Last reply
  • Radio-Iodine Treatment.

Hi all , im just going through my second bout of Hyperthyroidism and ive been told by my consultant that its time to make a choice. Since its come back then there sure that it will again and again so measures need to be taken. Now I dont fancy going under the knife... so im looking at the Radio-Iodine...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with overactive thyroid!

Hi All I have just recently been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, apparently a womens thyroid level should be around 16 mine was 47! I have been prescribed carbimazole 40mg a day and propranolol 80mg a day. I just wanted some other sufferers thoughts on how to cope with this and the break up...

Last reply
  • Grave's Disease While Pregnant

Can anyone please tell me about their experience with Graves' disease while pregnant? I currently take .5mg of Methimazole (Tapazole) daily- so my thyroid is under control at the moment. Any advice/experience you can provide would be great. 

Last reply
  • Palpitations

I am currently suffering with palpitations and ache in jaw,I have been to drs who has decided to reduce my thyroxine has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Goiter question? Advice please!

So I’ve had graves for almost a 1.5 year now (diagnosed post death in family and postpartum). I’ve been on tapazole/methimamzole, currently on 2.5mgs daily and euthyroid. My Tfrees and TSH are in normal range.  Initially I was told I had a goiter but I never even knew it was there until after...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroid New Test Results

Hi Please can anybody read these results and explain the possible reasons of the increase. I was on 20mg Carbimozole and 40mg Propranolol twice a day. I reduced my dosage to 10mg Carbimozole and 20mg×2 Propranolol after the second result. I started having some little palpitations and I said let...

Last reply
  • just need to vent

I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism hypothyroidism, Graves Disease, Hashimato Disease. last October I husband of 24yrs left me the end of September because he said he couldn't take my attitude anymore, or couldn't watch me lay in the bed anymore for 3years and wouldn't stay to watch me die,...

Last reply
  • Graves and memory loss

I have had Graves disease for many years and among the many symptoms i have memory loss, not just the brain fog that people talk about, i lose hours, days, weeks.... at a time, i can't remember going to my sons wedding! i drive along a road i've been along a thousand times but i don't recognise...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism

Ok , my entire post is being moderated for whatever reason. Probably won't hear anything about it , usually don't. So , here goes again , only much shorter.. Got my yearly bloodwork report today. Been taking thyroid meds for 10 years and everything has been fine , UNTIL TODAY !! My doctor said...

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroid and hoarse voice

Hi all.I've been hyperthyroid for three years and am on 20 carbimazole and 160 slow release propranolol.I am very interested to hear from anyone who suffers from hoarse voice when talking for a while and what you have done to alleviate it.Best wishes Nonita

Last reply
  • Hyperthyroidism

Hello Am new here and I need some advice. I was diagnosed of Hyperthyroid in April and my results were t4- 45, t3- 23, tsh- 0.0005 my Dr give me Carbimazole 20mg and Propranolol 40mg after 6 weeks i did another test and my t4-11, t3- 6- tsh- still 0.0005. Do I still need really to keep taking the Propranolol?

Last reply
  • Plummers disease hyperthyroidism ADVICE NEEDED...

So I went to ER and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Follow up with pcp and advised to get ultrasound findings multinodular groiter toxic (plummers disease) but then I read that pd is common in older ppl 50+ so I'm a little confused. Anyone have any thing to advise or add. Help greatly needed...

Last reply
  • Thyroidectomy

Hi I've new been told that I need thyroid surgery but that my levels are too high for them to operate, the doctor has said that I need to go into hospital for 7-10 days whilst I'm given some kind of blocker to bring my levels down, and as soon as the levels are down I can be operated on. Has...

Last reply
  • Graves disease and indigestion whilst euthyroid

Hi everyone hope u guys OK just want yo know that do u get indigestion issue with graves disease whilst u e euthyroid and not on any medication mean carbimazole bcs I'm getting it a lot had it since I been diagnosed but doctors don't believe when I say that I never had indigestion issue before...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.