Can you eat soya products if you have hyperthyroidism & not taking any medication?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not taking any medication because I have drug intolerance. I just stay careful in what I eat and do exercise. My period is affected though because I experience spotting and lately my period has not yet come. My estrogen and progesterone levels have not yet been tested but my period is whacked. I would have benefited from soya products for my estrogen but I've learned that it's not good for thyroid, mostly hypothyroidism-related issue, but how about for people with hyperthyroidism?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Bunnilla,

I am usually Hypo and have Hashimoto's and started staying away from soy products just to be on the safe side.

However, I have been over-medicated and I am suffering from hyper symptoms badly.

I am on my way to the supermarket to buy some soy yogurt and milk to see if it can take the edge of my symptoms. I also found a post on L-Carnitine in this forum and will try this as well.

I think the soy will not have a great effect, but I am grasping at straws and praying that the L-Carnitine will help.

Other than that, one hour of indoor cycling plus about two hours of hiking seem to help normalise things a bit ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.