Overactive thyroid and shortness of breath.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am awaiting a hospital appointment with the endocrinologist but it seems to be taking forever. Does anyone else suffer from shortness of breath. Im really struggling. That and the extreme heat are getting unbearable?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

literally crying because I thought I was the only one. It’s quite literally the worst feeling ever. I have hyperthyroidism and never thought that shortness of breath could be a symptom and it was freaking me out. sorry you have to go through this too and I hope your appointment went well!

• Posted

I do, if I am moving around the house doing anything sometime I feel like I need to sit down for a bit.

• Edited

I did experience that last month. The thing is, I just endure all these without taking medication because I have drug intolerance, it only gets worse if I insist on taking any pill. I was starting to get depressive but I forced my self to get up and achieve improvements through exercise. I regularly ride bike as a low-impact cardio. At first, I have to watch out my body limit, I could only do it slowly for less than 10 mins but you know, your body will follow what your brain says so make sure you won't let any room for self-doubt and anxiety. Eventually, I made progress to a longer duration & now I can take steeper slopes and rugged pathways. It brought the biggest change to me. I've seen significant improvements in myself after 2 weeks. It helps me strengthen my heart and lungs and de-stress myself. Now my breathing is normal. I also have gut problems so if I have spare energy, I do low-impact digestion-aid exercises and other easy workouts and yoga I can find on YouTube so that at least contribute to my body strengthening. Your hormones will generally benefit from exercising. Then I stay careful in what I eat. No to iodine and gluten. Eat nutrient-rich foods: selenium, iron, calcium, omega 3, vitamin d, c, e, b-complex, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.