Hyperthyroidism exhausted

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer with extreme exhaustion with their overactive thyroid.? I am newly diagnosed and am so tired i could literally sleep all the time. I am finding the symptoms really trying but the exhaustion and the heat intolerance are practically unbearable. Will it get any better with treatment?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Beverley;).

I am new to the forum. I came in to take part in the hyperthyroidsm support group. Please bear with the fact that my laptop won't or cannot type certain letters and I have a lot of fatigue as you mentioned. I am not disgnosed, but I believe my symptoms also indicate hyperthyroidism. I will try to clean up my typing mistakes before putting this post reply on to you. I am very exhausted also. I make a meal and I cannot wait to sit. I am tired all the time also. Of course I have been that way for years but it has been getting much worse the last few months. I am hungry all the time, eat 3 or 4 or more meals a day, an lose weight. The last time I was underweight I was not eating so it has to be something in my health causing it as I am very sedentary. Maybe someone else will reply and mention to you if treatment will help. I just wanted to say I can relate to what you are saying. I also get too hot. It is winter where I am an very cold outside but I have to put the air conditioner fan on (just the fan mind you, not the AC part). Plus I have excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis which I read is also a symptom. My hair though it use to be coarse, is now finer, and falling out in junks or clumps which I read on another site is or can also be a symptom of hyperthyroidism. I wish you all the best. Sorry in advance for typing mistakes. Take care of yourself, Dear:).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.