All over upper stomach pain, any info would realy help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

morning all, I am realy hoping there is someone on here can help , well here are my diagnoses two weeks had a camara down because I have been having a dull upper stomach ache for about three months now and the tablets they gave me never helped.

So I was told I have a small amount of Barrett's and to up my tablets , but after two weeks now still had the dull ache but last night the pain seem to come to a severe pain all over my upper stomach and even pain killers didn't help , but has settled down again this morning to a dull ache again , Realy down about all this !!  Anyone on here have same problems ? HELP .rolleyes

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi anne81411

Nothing worse than pain and not knowing why!

Do you keep a food diary, if not perhaps you should start keeping one to try and pinpoint if it is a certain food you are eating or a drink that is causing this pain.

It may form a pattern that a certain or certains foods are causing the pain. Write the date, the time and what you ate and drank on that day. I hope this helps and you get to the bottom of what is causing your pain.........best wishes...

• Posted

Thanks Lillian for you reply I will start a food diary today maybe with hope there is something there that can help , have a doctors appointment tomorrow  too see what they say ,but not holding any hope there last month the doctor just held her hands up and said she doesn't know what going on . 🤔
  • Posted

I had a camera down also nearly two weeks ago and boy has it stirred up my symptoms  - I thought it might stir up 'just after' the camera but no it kicked into mayhem about a week later and its been tough so some of our symptoms at present might well be from the camera going down and may settle.   The doctor holding her hands up and saying she didn't know what was going on  - well be prepared for that - I have had that scenario for years and whilst that might not cheer you believe me the doctors don't know a LOT about what is going on in stomach area.   Most doctors who don't know what it is then try and pin it down to stress but of course the stress comes from being ill all the time.   Dig deep and good luck
    • Posted

Hello Kate,

what were your symptoms before the camara appointment two weeks ago ? And are you waiting for results like me ? Like you said it might be from the camara but it's awful that we have to guess what going on ourselves 😡 .

• Posted

I was given the results but I now realise I need to ask more questions at follow up appointment.  The result is inflamation (not sure where) and a hernia (not totally sure where)   I had plenty of opportunity to ask but I guess the sedation switched brain off.    I already knew I had inflamation in system from blood tests.   The consultant didn't think I had anything wrong to be honest it was me saying that its something gastro firing my AF heart problem.   In a way I got a bit more clarity than expected but still need to sort it all out. 
    • Posted

Hi Kate ,

I know what you mean about forgetting to ask questions , you said you have a follow up appointment is that with the hospital again or your doctor ?? Only asked because I never got a follow up appointment , so I will have to book one soon with my doctor 🤔Which I have know faith in .

• Posted

Ok , thanks for that . What part of the country are  you in because I'm in Hampshire maybe they do things different in some parts of England ?? . 

Unless they forgot to make one with me . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.