All tests normal/ I feel like I’m going crazy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have read previous posts with other people having normal ultrasound and normal HIDA Scan.....I’m in the same boat! I actually had a gallbladder attack during my HIDA scan AND the tech that was doing the scan said it was the largest gallbladder she had ever seen! I just got a call from my surgeons office and they told me everything was normal......WHAT????! How can that be?  I truly feel like I am losing my mind. How can I have all this pain and nothing is wrong? I am going back to the Doctor next week. He wants me to go to a GI doctor. For what? More tests that are going to come back negative?  I am at a loss! Why is it so hard to diagnose a bad gallbladder? I had read about many people in the same situation and the doctor finally agrees to take it out and they find out the gallbladder was bad.  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I had a HIDA scan done last year, it came back normal, but in Jan (2018), I had to get my gallbladder removed. I was having severe pain & nausea. Everything I ate, caused me issues. I do have fatty liver disease, but once my gallbladder was removed, and I had blood work done a few weeks after, my liver count was lower. I would be persistent with your doctor. I kept going back to my doctor complaining about pain & nausea, until I was finally referred.

Hope everything works out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.