All the common signs of Sjogrens

Posted , 8 users are following.

So on a Decembers morning in 2017 I woke up to find a lump on my lower lips (I put this down to stress, as I’d been under extreme stress for several months). The lump was diagnosed as a mucocele, i also has a MRI scan to rule out any canceras I was worried about that.. MRI scan came back showing nothing which I wasn’t pleased about . However I’d started to get some gland pain under my chin on my right hand side . I pushed my Dr to send me to an ENT, they did a sialogram. The results showed I have a stone lodged in the gland which would explan the pain I’m getting. However I have other symptoms like thick, milky, sticky saliva and also general facial pain... I’m very worried that I’ve got Sojgens as everything seems to fit , I’m worried about how this will effect my quality of life as on 39... I don’t really know what to do next - be great to hear from others in the same boat right now...

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had this thin layer of beige sand under my false teeth ppl are saying this was small stones??? Wow didn't know.  Is this true to all ppl on this sight?

• Posted

I have a one-tooth denture, but can't say I've ever found any sand under it during its twice-daily scrub. However, I don't have an excessively dry mouth these days.

• Posted

No Diane, that's not what I said. I was definitively diagnosed with stones in my sublingual salivary glands. My doctor put me on the one treatment he knew might work, which was a long low dose course of antibiotics. Eventually every few nights for a couple of weeks, I found grit in my mouth. At first I thought fillings were breaking up but they weren't. The pain stopped & doc said stones were gone.

I have no idea what happened with your dentures. I would first guess it was the glue or cleanser, or a problem with the denture itself. Ask your dentist.

• Posted

I went to ENT Dr. this morning. She said she thought that the sandy stuff I had on roof of mouth was from Thrush. I had such a really bad dry mouth for 3 mos.  She did say she wanted to do a lip biopsy. She said she puts a very very small incision inside lip.  I am having a bone marrow test according to my oncologist. So the ENT will see what the bone marrow says. Once I am cleared about Cancer. I am still upset I have a salty mouth and thick mucus. The thrush is gone so she doesn't know. THE BLOOD TEST IS NEG.  That is all I hear.  I then went to the Endo Dr this afternoon. She said everything from last yr the same 7 nodules on thyroid still same size.  She said to me what is the ENT Dr. doing with the lymph node in your submanidable. She said it could be an infection. I told her I had a CT Scan after the lymph node showing. it was Neg for anything. So then she told me to call the ENT Dr that is her area.  Go fiqure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.