Skip to content

Sjogren's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • At a loss

I recently posted about my symptoms l had pins needles muscle cramps and twitching and very stiff leg muscles (spasicity) l was worried about ms but after seeing neurologist and having physical exam as well as brain and neck mri he can see no signs of MS thankfully. Rheumy tested me for fibro ie pressure...

Last reply
  • Lab test neg for sjogrens

I too am like Susan. I have hashimotos, hypothyroiditis. I am beyond discouraged. I can't find the correct avenue to get help. I have no insurance but am being seen for my hashi and general health by a family practice group and Im on a grant I qualified for. I did, however, have to pay out of pocket...

Last reply
  • Nerve Damage

Well everyone I've been diagnosed with nerve damage from my lip biopsy. You was right Lily66686. My nerve dr said he is not sure if it's permanent or temporary only time will tell. He said give it a few more months to see if my lower lip numbness lessen. Also he said ENT that did the surgery...

Last reply
  • Sjogrens Syndrome journey

I have been officially diagnosed with SSbfor 2.5 years. I started with foot numbness, and shooting pain approx 6 yrs ago. PCP kept testing HGB A1C for diabetes. Finally went to new PCP who did an autoimmune panel. ssA and ssB was elevated also ANA and CRP. Started on plaquenel, prednisone cellcept. Started...

Last reply
  • Sjogrens or what?

I started a year ago with wet stools had a colonscopy all OK then blood pressure high, Doc put me on a diuretic for blood pressure. I then started with dry eyes, dry mouth, spasmodic joint pains   numb fingers at night ghosting vision. Also every so often my nose runs what appears to be water. Doc...

Last reply
  • Wide spread pain going on 12 years.

I first started having in my stomach then it became harder and harder to walk. I used to ride a bike 21 miles a day... I was fit then. One day I sat down to have a ham sandwich and just fell over. I could not move and the pain was unbareable. I am a veteran so off to the VA I go. I could not move...

Last reply
  • Blood tests showed 79% polymorhs and 15%lymphcytes.

Hi, recent blood test showed the above results and everything else was within range ( though ESR was at the upper limit of range)  ​My appointment with rheumatologist is 3 weeks away. Does anyone else know anything about such findings. Dr google hasn't been much help. Are there questions I should...

Posted
  • Could it be Sjogren's?

Hey i'm a 20 year old male and literally have no clue what is causing all my problems. I know it is rare that I could have any autoimmune disease let all alone Sjogren's as i know it is predominantly found in woman but it seems to fit to my symptoms. Okay so it started 6 months ago when i was...

Last reply
  • jaw pain and ear pain - any solutions?

I've been suffering from sjogren's for 6 years now (firmly diagnosed). My symptoms have progressed over the years, from just fatigue and dry, to dizziness, occasional swollen on ankle or back of hands, now to frequent (almost constant) jaw pain, sensitive hearing and stiff neck and constant ringing...

Last reply
  • Sjögren’s and fatigue help

Hi I’m a 31 year old female I have just been diagnosed with Sjögren’s syndrome after going through loads of tests since November. My rheumy has started me on hydroxychloroquine only yesterday ( I know it can take weeks to help) but I am really struggling with fatigue I feel like all I do is...

Last reply
  • Sjögren's syndrome, only symptoms are extremely dry, scaly face

I've always had dry skin but after having my daughter a year ago, things got tragic. My cheeks, eyelids. And patches on my forehead and chin peel and is red like a sun burn constantly. I've been to a dermatologist and rheumy. All they can tell me is I have sjodrens syndrome and gave me some steroid...

Last reply
  • Ikervis eye drops new user

I have bad dry eyes. I have used more than 15 brands of artificial drops and now doctor recommended me to use Ikervis . And now i use it and ita pain when i put th drops once on a day at night. And i get a headache in the daytime and tje light head pain is still there whole day is it normal?? And...

Last reply
  • Lid drops/liquid

An employee at an ophthalmologist office informed me there are drops or liquids for the eyelid. They did not mention a brand name or whether they are over the counter or by prescription. Has anyone tried drops/liquid for the eyelids and do help?

Last reply
  • Bloodwork came back negative

My doctor did bloodwork to check me for Sjogren's and of course it came back negative. I am so upset because I have every symptom of it. I just knew they were going to call & tell me they finally figured out what is wrong with me. What can I do if I have all the symptoms but bloodwork comes back...

Last reply
  • Dental problems

I keep forgetting to ask. Do any of you SS sufferers have dental problems? I have spent thousands over the years on my teeth and don't know if I'm finished yet! Thanks. Irene

Last reply
  • Cortisone injection for painful long biceps tendon?

Anyone have any experience of this? I know tendon and muscle problems can be part of Sjogren's, which I've had for more than 20 years. I've had varying degrees of pain in my left upper arm (biceps area) for 7-8 years now. Sometimes it gets worse and I really struggle and sleep badly, other...

Last reply
  • Damamma

Actually there's five connective tissue disorders in the RA category. RA. Scleroderma. Sjogrens. Lupus and polymiositis. I have three first 4 and pretty sure I have the last but not diagnosed. I have slot of reflux and now have esophageal dismotility due to Scleroderma. My esophagus is badly scared...

Last reply
  • Sjogrens and pancreas discomfort

I was diagnosed with sjogrens a little over a year ago when my newborn son presented with neonatal lupus. We were able to trace it back to me with s positive lo+ ra and some other blood work. I never felt like I had a lot of symptoms except that I have noticed I have lost me sense of taste which I’m...

Last reply
  • Back and Neck Pain

Is it normal to have severe back and neck pain after a night of drinking? Every time I've had more than one drink the next morning I wake up with terrible lower back pain and the sides of my neck will hurt so bad I can barely turn my neck. 

Last reply
  • schirmer test

Has anyone purchased test strips and completed this test? I see they are available to the public. I was comparing the cost of the test strips versus the doctor copay and possibly test copay.

Last reply
  • Help! Does anyone else suffer from these symptoms

I would love to know if there ‘s anyone else who shares the same or similar symptoms to me.  I’ve been googling my symptoms and tying myself up in knots, also when I go to my GP, I feel as if they focus on just one symptom. I feel as if  I have some sort of “ syndrome” or illness and each...

Last reply
  • Inflammation

Has anyone tried and found success with inflammation by taking turmeric and ginger?  

Last reply
  • Sjogrens Syndrome and bad breath. Help!

I found out I had sjogrens last summer. One night, about two years ago a partner asked if I'd brushed my teeth. I told him, "Yes. Does my breath stink or something?" I had never had problems before and was surprised. It was one of many indicators (aside from swollen feet, feeling like needles...

Last reply
  • Ideas re: swallowing pills and sleep meds

Hi group, having a bit of a hard time swallowing my pills as of late. Any helpful tips? When I can get them down the “old fashioned way” I sometimes choke them up which is most uncomfortable and expensive!😐. Also, I am thinking my prescribed sleep meds I take at night are making my symptoms worse....

Last reply
  • Foul Mouth Taste

I mentioned this symptom to my GI doctor. They said it was acid reflux. Does anyone smell an odor at their nose on and off or smell an odor after they sneeze? 

Last reply
  • Where to go next

Hello, I'm new to this forum but have been reading many of the post. I need advice on where to go next. My problems started in May 2016 with vertigo that lasted 1 day, but intense. The next episode was a month later with vertigo, Nystagmus, facial numbness, pain in my neck on the left side, pain...

Last reply
  • Sjogren's Symptoms

It is amazing how one doctor doesn't have all of the answers and we are passed off from one doctor to the next. My fatigue started in 2007 and other symptoms started in 2015 and my bloodwork comes back in the normal range. I am waiting for my doctor to verify whether they want to complete...

Last reply
  • VERIGO AND SORGRENS SYNDROME LINKED❓

THERE SEEMS TO A REAL LINK BETWEEN SS and Vertigo, I had it once with no explanations from doctors etc..then a couple of years later I got it 24/7 for 14 years -standing on a match stick I thought I was going of a cliff, it was debilitating, there was nothing I could take that would help even special...

Last reply
  • POLYMYOSITIS and Sjogren's Syndrome

I was diagnosis with Polymyositis in 1999. Now I have been diagnosis with Sjogren's Syndrome this year. I have has Sjogren's since December 2017. I am now twitching. Most of time it is really bad when I am tired. The Neuro Dr is ordering a Video EEG. He wants to see if the twitching and...

Last reply
  • Peripheral Neuropathy

I was diagnosed with PN about 4 years ago after nerve conduction tests. I had it done due to pins and needles sensations on my feet and lower legs at night.  Those symptoms have mostly gone but the ends of all my toes are completely numb.  It doesn't come and go, they are just always numb...

Last reply
  • SYMPTOMS

A few years ago when the doctor order bloodwork he mentioned dry eyes and dry mouth. When I researched the internet other than those symptoms nothing else was mentioned. Reading discussions, I see a lot of other symptoms tinnitus, gastrointestinal, heart palpitations. It is hard to believe that...

Last reply
  • Sjogren's and vertigo

I have recently read some posts in which people with Sjogren's Sindrome have mentioned vertigo as one of their problems. I had an episode a few years back and what I am wondering is if anybody with SS has had an episode of vertigo before being diagnosed.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.