Skip to content

Sjogren's Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • wendy58491 2

How is Sjogren's diagnosed and how long does it take?

I am a Ty[e 1 Diabetic (33 years) and have been experiencing problems for a few months with what started as a purely dry mouth and has now changed to dry mouth with excessive saliva. My eldest sister has Sjogren's and there is a thread of auto immune conditions amongst 3 of the 4 sisters. My GP referred...

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • KellyMG 1

Sore throat from Sjogren's

Wondering if anyone has a constant sore throat and has no relief from anything?  I was diagnosed sjogren's a few years ago by a blood test.  June 2016 had sore throat, fullness, trouble swallowing, hoarseness and it hasn't stopped.  My GERD medicine was changed. With numerous tests...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lia23756 2
  • Slippbakk 2

Digestion problems

Diagnosed about 5 years ago with sjogrens. Started with severe pain in my right side under my ribs. Two weeks in hospital. Three X-rays. Two ct scans and many untrasounds. My gall bladder was found to have 0% function so we got rid of it. Never had my doctor seen a gall bladder with no function at all....

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • aitarg35939 6
  • Megheart 3

Neuropathic involvement and reflexes.

Hi all I was wondering if anyone who has SS associated neuropathy in the legs has abnormal reflexes? My ankle reflexes are non existant (0), my plantar ones are also absent yet my knees are tending to be hyperreflexic (3+).  

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amkoffee 6

Drugs info needed to treat Sjogrens

I have been suffering for years from dry eye and dry mouth. When someone told me about Sjogren's I decided to have the blood test done . However it was negative . But I'm still treating my eyes with restasis and Omega 3 . And my rheumatologist is trying to treat my dry mouth with medication....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • lily65668 6

A ray of hope

I'll have to be a bit cryptic if I'm to avoid this post being taken down, but I think everyone will know what I'm talking about. It's true that Sjogren's affects all of us in different ways, and some more seriously than others. As I've said in other posts on these boards, some...

15 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jennifer84972 2

Pregnancy and sjogren's

Hello everyone, I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I was diagnosed with SS over two and a half years ago and have faced the same struggles as others on here, all the general symptoms, mainly fatigue. After reading on other forums, I think possibly American sites, they talk of increased...

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • brenwag68 3

Sjogrens & Tooth / Root problems

Hi, I have Sjogrens & the roots of my 4 front bottom teeth have become exposed to the point that my teeth have loosened up & wiggle. My dentist said my mouth is so dry that it has caused this. He said the only help he can give is to remove them all & give me false teeth on the bottom or implants......

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Jasflower 2
  • shaq26875 4

is overdose of plaquenil possible?

My SS has come flared up with a vengenance...swollen fingers, wrists, knees, severve tendonitis from shoulder to elbow, cant put weight on elbows, cant lift arms over my head or straight in front of me,  tendons on my palms are now now like lumps under my skin...very painful, so i acnt do normal...

28 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • phyllis75890 2

Don't up the plaqunel!

i really wouldn't suggest upping the plaqunel without checking.  I believe it's processed through the liver and you've only got one, you really don't want to mess it up. I believe when you doctor said he could give you something stronger, I believe he was referring to a different...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • millie1202 2

Sjogrens Symptoms-Shortness of Breath

Hi. I tested positive not too long ago for Sjogrens. I had a very low score (1.8- Ssb). However, my symptoms dont seem mild. Has anyone experienced shortness of breath? I have the dry eyes and mouth, along with Fatigue, numbness, but I dont see much shortness of breath from other ppl who write...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • charlotte1824 4

Flares?

Could someone tell me if Sjorgens syndrome dryness flares. Does the dryness flare. E.g one month everythings super dry and then it goes back to being more lubricated?  

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • charlotte1824 4

How dry is dry

Can someone tell me how dry one needs to be to consider sjorgens. At the moment My mouth feels uncomfortably dry, my eyes feel dry, my nostrils are bone dry. My throats feels like it sticks when I swallow. My glands hurt. Sounds silly but if I lick my lips or my arm there is wetness and I can get some...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Sunflower13 2

Desperately need some help !!!!!

18 years ago i started with a malar rash on my face after being in the sun. Had a positive ANA speckled 1:320 and a positive SSA . Had some joint pain and some fatigue and stiffness.  Went to Rheumotologist and he wasnt convinced that i had clinical evidence of Lupus or Sjogrens. Just treated me...

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • LizMarie 2

A thoughtful, useful gift for friend.

My friend, who I met online, has Sjogren's. She is always there for me. I want to give her a gift that will be conforting. She said that she has mild to moderate and runs a low grade temp all the time. And she is tired all the time but works full time. I couldn't find a form for friends and family....

• tj268 3

IC with SS

Hello, going to the Urologist this Friday. Been dealing with horrid UTI's since April. No UTI, kidney or bladder infection my last 2 tests and Dr. thinks possible Intestinal Cystitis. Does anyone have this along with SS? If so, can you tell me what it's like or was the test painful? Basically...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • c89363 2
  • shirley43769 2

Possible Sjorgens????

Hi all I am new here and just looking for someone that is maybe in the same boat. I will start at the start! I went for a routine eye test in September 2016 and while waiting for my fairly weak prescription glasses to come home I noticed my eyes were twitching a bit and wanting to close, I put this down...

58 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • jacqueline00180 3

lip biopdy

Hi can you tell me to to prepare for a lip biopsy and what to expect, I have heard so many different things . I wrote last year saying I had dry eyes no tears dry mouth dry nose fatigue joint pains  vaginal problems low grade fevers oestioarthritis some saliva then  very little. I recently...

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lisalisa67 6

Hard to be hopeful..

im too new to all this. It came out of nowhere. First sinus, then dry eyes then what seems like horrid tmj with wackey ear issues. All since decemeber. I was guided to see thenRA and he said i had sicca syndrome and raynaruds and some other glitches. Nothing positive in many of the tests. Just a very...

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lizeth 42044 1
  • stokeblue 2

Not sure if SS ... any advice appreciated

Hi. I've not been diagnosed with SS or anything else yet. My appointment with max fax clinic has finally come through for next month. My Dr just suspects I have it. So .... It all started last August 2016 with my optician saying I had blepharitis in my eyes. My facial redness got so much worse too....

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • dianne12100 1

I'm new to this discussion group

I have had symptoms of sjogrens for past two years. I have been to multiple doctors, for dry eyes, mouth, dry skin, cracked lips, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, stomach issues, insomnia and hair falling out. I went to a rheumatologist and all my test came out good. My rheumatologist referred...

17 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • estelle44124 3

Runny nose

Just a quick enquiry. Is a runny nose feeling a symptom in SS. No actual cold, bug just a slight 'drip' feeling.

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • triciaw 1
  • pauline61273 2

Sjogrens Syndrome help 😖

Hi, anyone out there with SS who can help with symptoms.  I look really well, but I'm really suffering with the many symptoms I've got.  I have seronegative secondary Sjogrens on the back of ulcerative colitis.  Dry eyes, dry moth, dry skin, itching and rashes, dry nose, aching...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jeniferpg 2

Sjogren's and neuropathy

I've just been diagnosed with Sjogren's from a lip biopsy that the ENT did. My Rheum says it explains nearly everything else I have: Neuropathy Small Fiber Neuropathy Restless legs Dry Cough Dry eyes Dry mouth Dental decay Taste changes Muscle pain and weakness Enlarged Parotid glands for three...

25 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Mikki1220 2

Sjogrens Causing Brittle Nails

Not sure if it is the meds or the Sjogrens but I had beautiful long nails that I gel'd every 2 weeks when suddenly my nails hurt to the touch.  After having the gel removed you can see red inflammation underneath my nails.  Now they are extremely short and yet still weak and keep cracking....

21 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • el721 2

Newly diagnosed with Sjogrens, depressed

Hello al I am 54 year old woman and recently diagnosed I,ve been undergoing tests (bloodwork, CT scans, etc..) for a few months now. Finally saw a Rhuematologist a few weeks ago and she's certain I have it. waiting for results to confirm. ​I have been feeling numb emotionally all this time...

9 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • zeet 2

Sjogren's & Diabetes

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's some 25 years ago and recently i have been informed that I am prediabetic.Has anybody else had this exact diagnosis and what was the outcome/

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • lisa2648 1

Sjögren's syndrome question

Does anyone else have trouble swallowing or choking? My Rhematologist said that it wasn't from my Sjogrens and to have it checked with a Gastro doctor.

• Mikki1220 2

Sjrogrens and Glaucoma

Before being diagosed with Sjrogrens, I was having blurry vision.  Then in August of 2016 was diagnosed with Sjrogrens and seeing lots of doctors.  Last night was my eye visit and my doc told me I now have Glaucoma.  My right eye is worse than the left and gave me Lumigan drops. ...

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.