I had cataract surgery on my rt eye two weeks ago. Depressed severely..

Posted , 1 user is following.

First I have Sjogrens and MS autoimmune problems. This was diagnosed about four years ago when I was in my early 60's, I had cataract surgery on my right eye (weaker eye) two weeks ago. I was asleep for the procedure and I thought all went well. Naturally, the problems came three days later, had to be rushed back in because I felt my eye pressure increasing it was I went from a 17 to a 46. Scary indeed. He did an emergency drain of the eye and added more drops to my regime. But the oddest part is the blurriness/double vision I had not just in the rt eye but my left eye also. Please note the left eye was stronger yet there is a cataract in this eye too. The pressure is still a problem, and have been back three times trying to adjust what is happening to me. I worry about my vision being taken away. I am upset because I was not told that any of this would happen. I asked the right questions, what I thought were correct but this still presents a problem. Now I have gone from being a glaucoma suspect to a full blown glaucoma patient. Has anyone ever had the same issues?. I am going into my third week still blurriness which they state will get better once I have the left eye done But I cannot get this done because I am still having visual issues with the right eye.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.