Allergic reaction made my other allergies worse?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been allergic most of my life and I am on daily zyrtec and occasional benadryl. I was prescribed antidepressants, the first one was zoloft which gave me an allergic reaction around the eyes so I immediately stopped using it, the allergy went away pretty quickly. My Dr then prescribed lexapro which gave me a rash, similar to when you get chills, all over my arms and very itchy. This time the allergy was refusing to go away, and I was having reactions to other things, so it made me doubt if it was actually the lexapro but I wasn't exposed to anything out of the ordinary apart from this medication. Which made me wonder if this allergy made my other milder allergies worse. I'm allergic to most lipsticks, but now even the one that didn't give me allergies is making me have a reaction. I'm allergic to cats and sometimes dogs but only if I touch them and then I touch my eyes, but now even them touching my skin is giving me a rash.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should it get better with time? The rash in my arms is almost gone but now I cant use any of my lipsticks. I am used to dealing with individual allergies, but not several at once.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.