Skip to content
Ad

Allergic Disorders

Also known as Anaphylaxis, Drug Allergy, Dust Mite Allergy, Food Allergy, Latex Allergy, Nut Allergy, Pet Allergy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Dental allergy?

Around five months ago now, I had dental work done. It was a composite filling, The moment the filling was placed, Something felt wrong, I had this strong burning pain in my face. Told the dentist but nothing was done about that, I went home and my cheek felt itchy and my eyelid on that side felt really...

Last reply
  • Allergy for 5 months

I moved 5 months ago to an apartment in Charlotte NC that is located right by standing water pipes that they never cleaned like they said they will ever since I moved. I'm 22 years old man smoker(6ye) and marihuana consumer(1-2ye) daily. I have a dog for almost a year but I have been around dogs...

Last reply
  • Can I be allergic to mineral water?

My alchohol intake got out of control and I managed to come of it pretty much, just the occasional drink now, BUT I like to have a long drink in the evening so started drinking San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water instead, up to 3 litres a day, but often less.  I soon noticed that I was getting...

Last reply
  • Chlorine steam and respiratory disorders

After more than 1 year trying to understand what happens to me I found out ... ​Everything started with chest tightness, wheezing and shortness of breath after every shower or bath....but not straight away...after a couple of hours and was annoying for 24 hours after. I thought I am allergic to shampoo...

Last reply
  • Need advice!

So my son lately has been suffering from some sort of attack I don't know if it's asthma or acid reflex I took him to his doctor and they said that they think it's an allergic reaction to something. He will start not being able to breeze I mean like severely can't breeze can't talk...

Last reply
  • Severe dog allergies

Hello all I am a 21 year old female about 4 months ago I had a sudden onset of dizziness and rapid pulse, I was also struggling to breathe a little.I thought that if I had these symptoms again I would go to the doctor. About two weeks later I started to have these episodes more frequently. I would get...

Last reply
  • Which allergy blood tests do I need?

Just wondering which blood tests I need to check if I have an allergic reaction to something? I have already had: IgG IgA IgM Are these all of them or am I missing any? Thanks very much for any help 

Last reply
  • Tantalum

Has anyone had or have heard of tantalum allergy? My neurosurgeon is considering the alloy tantalum since I was allergic to nickel for my surgery and was wondering since I don't know if there is a test that exists for tantalum and since I heard it was an inert.

Last reply
  • Itchy, dry mouth when eating lobster dish??

Last night my family and I went out for a really nice dinner in Hawaii. My daughter ordered a lobster toped mahi mahi dish. After taking a few bites she told me that she was getting a weird feeling in her mouth only when she ate the lobster topping, so I tried the topping as well and the same happened...

Last reply
  • How I cleared my constant mucus in the throat

Hi, I had suffered from throats mucus for 3 long years..... I have been to n number of doctors, one doctor diagnosed me with GERD, the other with chronic sinusitis and the other with parasites, I have been on antibiotics, PPIs, antihistamines, decongestants and the list goes goes on. Nothing...... I...

Last reply
  • Is it an allergy?

I was always stuffy all year round and in i kept getting allergy conjectavitis and ear pain. well a year and a half ago  dairy and soy started giving me stomach issues so i was advized by my doctor to cut them out..... cuting them out has helped my ear pain and nose. exept this march my ears started...

Last reply
  • Wrong diagnosis?

I had a spirometry test 3 months ago. I told before test I have a chest infection but they still made a spirometry. Results showed mild asthma. ​I never wheezed in my lungs, and I am not getting tired due to effort. They putted me on steroid inhaler (Clenil Modulite 100mg) 2 puffs morning and 2 puffs...

Last reply
  • mystery facial problems

hey, I'm an asthmatic with eczema and cat allergies with suspected dust mite and dog allergies and have been suffering from constant dreadful facial problems for about 8 years now I suffer with redness greasy-like hives around my nasal airways leading up towards the forhead which I try to control...

Last reply
  • Doubting it's allergies now?

Hello, So for the past year and a bit, I have been dealing with chronic sinusitis. I am constantly congested, clearing my throat. Over producing mucus (sorry) and constantly coughing up thick phlegm. I have daily sinus headaches, pressure around my jaw and cheek (actually feels like I have been punched),...

Last reply
  • Mysterious Roof of Mouth issue

I am a 28 year old female with no known allergies. Last year, the roof of my mouth began to get very itchy and it was very rough and bumpy on both sides of my hard palette and soft palette and a little swollen. It stuck around for 2 weeks and got worse anytime I would eat or drink anything. It was very...

Last reply
  • Allergies?

So basically about 2 months ago I woke up to find one of my ears totally blocked which had never happened to me before. I clean my ears regularly so I didn't understand how it could be earwax related. The blockage lasted 2 whole days as nothing would release it and I could barely hear out of that...

Last reply
  • Delayed allergic reaction??

So, my husband is allergic to some animals. We are looking to get a dog and went to visit a breeder tonight. Hubby had 5 puppies and 2 full grown mini dachshunds climbing him and licking him for about an hour. He was a little bit sniffly towards the end but that's it... until now. 3 hours later...

Last reply
  • Chronic Swelling (bulb-like) Under Corner of Eyes?

I'm a 26 y/o male, relatively healthy. Starting about 3 years ago I began to get this swelling under the inner-corner of my eyes. I'll link a photo with arrows pointing at the swelling. The skin where the swelling is, discolored (and slightly shiny in the photo). It doesn't cause me any pain,...

Last reply
  • itchy roof of mouth

I get an awful itch on the top of my mouth near the back...i find myslef subconsciously itching this day and night. It does get better with half ever tablets sometimes but comes back and it comes at all.times of the year... does anyone.else get this? I'm. Worried it might over time cause me problems...

Last reply
  • best antihistamine to treat insect bites

I am gong to Brazil in 2 weeks and the only cloud on the horizon is I have a problem with insect bites, I almost always have a bad reaction in that they swell up badly and always become infected. Last year in Santorini (Greece) i ended up in hospital on a courtesaun drip and given antibiotics and an...

Last reply
  • I need some advice on my supposed allergy problem

I went to the doctor today because I have been sick for more than 2 weeks. After an x-ray the doctors said that she did not believe that it was a cold but rather allergies that my allergies that have gone gangbusters following my cold. She said the chest x-ray looked good and I have to admit that I don't...

Last reply
  • Milk Allergy... is this anaphylaxis??

I know this is a rather long post, but I feel like the background is important. So I apparently had a milk allergy when I was a baby but had milk reintroduced at some point I guess... I have always had severe diarrhea and severe stomach pains. When I was about 14 I had a bad "reaction" (didn't...

Posted
  • Alcohol allergy

Hiya I was heavy drinking for about three months since Xmas , one day after a heavy drinking session I woke to lots of hives all over my body really itchy I stopped drinking for a while then when I had a drink it happened again, staying around for weeks I get hives now and again even when I don't...

Posted
  • Urticaria/hives

Hi. I've been in two week intake of fexofenadine 125mg and levocetirizine 5mg once a day. When I get back to the derma doctor still I have rushes/urticaria and its very itchy. She prescribed double dose of what I took for the last two weeks and now this double dose is for one week. I've...

Last reply
  • I can't eat without feeling ill

Hi there, For the past week or so, I've really been struggling eating. I've never had this before. I have not been eating much and have had a reduced appetite for a month or two but overlooked this. However this week I've managed about one meal a day.  On two occasions this week, I have...

Last reply
  • Heaviness of head and sensation of heart

I have be feeling this unnecessary feelings...everyday I have this heaviness of head and sensation hurt in my chest sometimes I feel light at my feet and having this feeling of fainting or falling down any moment soon...no one seem to understand how I feel about this situation.. sometime my heart heavy...

Posted
  • Mosquito bites

Hi.  I am going on holiday to Zante in August.  I attract mosquitoes.  I got bitten loads in Portugal and have an adverse reaction to the bites. Usually bitten on my legs, they come up in huge red patches with a  big blister.  So much so I could not walk for 2 days as my ankles...

Posted
  • Cough

Hi I have been suffering from 6 months cough tightness in chest and strange irritation in throat and between chest. I had chest x-ray which was normal and all blood test every thing is normal but still this irritation and cough is not going away .I have been eating anti-allergic since many days still...

Posted
  • Throat and ear pain with my allergies

For years my allergies were very much OK but then over the last 3 or 4 years I noticed a gardual flare up of allergic symptoms. This year is terrible though. Never had so much sneezing and nose running. To make matters worse I noticed having a soar throat for more then 4 weeks now. At first it was not...

Last reply
  • Hypochondriac or Something Serious?🙄

Hi.. I'm new to this forum.. I'm a 19 year old girl.And I've suffered from Seasonal allergies since I was 8..When I was 14(after menarche)...the mucus in my throat and sometimes sour burps are the...I had got my first symptom of anxiety that was depersonalization that I've overcame successfully!I...

Posted
  • Losartan/candesartan

i had been on Losartan for several years for heart failure when I suddenly got an allergic reaction to it.An hour after taking my meds my upper face, scalp and top lip started to burn and swell slightly..as the meds wore off the reaction eased slightly until I took the next dose..Called emergency health...

Last reply
  • Allergic to birth control pills, food and more?

Hello! I am a 19 year old Portuguese female. After suffering for so long in my condition (2 years now) without any proper diagnosis from my dermatologist or allergy doctor, I decided to search some forums, hoping of finding someone that is going or that went through the same as I’m going through or that...

Last reply
  • Is itOK to stop taking prednisone if I just had one 60 mg dose?

I was in the ER last night because I accidentally ingested peanut butter. (I'm highly allergic) My symptoms weren't too severe, and my oxygen levels were normal. They did not see a need to use an Epi pen, but they did give me 60 mg of prednisone along with Pepcid and Benadryl. After being discharged,...

Last reply
  • Rash on lower legs

Greetings.. I have few questions related to the condition of my grandma (80 years old).For two years she is suffering from some kind of rash or perhaps allergy (?) on legs below knees. It's itchy, and she scratches it making wounds. I took 5 pictures so you can take a look on this link : http://imgur.com/gallery/SPjYs...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.