Skip to content
Ad

Allergic Disorders

Also known as Anaphylaxis, Drug Allergy, Dust Mite Allergy, Food Allergy, Latex Allergy, Nut Allergy, Pet Allergy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Allergy to Instant Coffee

Has anyone else had this? Baffled my GP, but eventually I found that the cause of my itchy legs (mainly around the joints) was when I changed employer, and started drinking instant coffee all day instead of filter coffee. I 'cured' myself by going onto green tea for a few weeks, then changed...

Last reply
  • itchy roof of mouth

I get an awful itch on the top of my mouth near the back...i find myslef subconsciously itching this day and night. It does get better with half ever tablets sometimes but comes back and it comes at all.times of the year... does anyone.else get this? I'm. Worried it might over time cause me problems...

Last reply
  • Help please from severe allergy sufferers

I am sending away a hair sample to test for food and environmental allergens in my house. I believe it's reaction to pet dander and dust mites. I have had cold and sometimes flu symptoms constant for months. I need to regularly take antibiotics as it often progresses to bronchitis. It's 2am and...

Last reply
  • Dust mite allergy ? any advice

Hi; Joined the wonderful world of allergies in my early twenties with allergy to sunbathing; I'd had prickly heat before, but this skin rash was much worse, the only relief was lying in a bath of cold water. This was followed by an allergy to skin products which turned me into the incredible hulk...

Last reply
  • Nasal congestion

Hello, My nose are blocked for the past one year and I had a node swelling under my left ear which disappeared a few weeks back..but my nose are still blocked..Sometimes its right and sometimes left..can any thyroid problems cause this ?? If not, can anyone tell me whats up wit ma nose

Last reply
  • Hair Dye allergic reaction

Hi I'm new to this group. I am twenty years old and female. I have had blonde highlights before done three times but this past Wednesday I got my hair dyed dark brown. It looks almost black. That night my head started to burn and the smell made me very sick to my stomach. The next day my face got...

Last reply
  • Tantalum

Has anyone had or have heard of tantalum allergy? My neurosurgeon is considering the alloy tantalum since I was allergic to nickel for my surgery and was wondering since I don't know if there is a test that exists for tantalum and since I heard it was an inert.

Last reply
  • Please can someone with allergies help me

Please can anyone tell me if they have an allergy that sounds like these symptoms as I’m going mad. Body itches from head to toe, face feels like there is fine hairs on it and tickling. Body feels more like little pin prick or bite type itching. I have no visible rash, infection, redness, swelling...

Last reply
  • Sublingual Immunotherapy For Nasal Allergy to a dust mite

After healing from sinus surgery (FESS and turbinate reduction), I am keen to address the underlying allergy issue. Recent blood test shows that I have class 4 allergy to dust mite. Has anyone done sublingual immunotherapy? (Ie. drop allergen under tongue daily) Will be good to hear from someone who...

Last reply
  • Flushing after drinking alcohol

I am 22 years old, male. Recently, whenever I drink alcohol, my face starts to turn red and hot and my eyes turn red too. My heartbeat goes slightly high and I can feel a strong and strange alcohol smell when I exhale. Everything goes down to normal within an hour or two. This does not happen everytime...

Last reply
  • Weak Cells of eyes on corner sides

Hello All. Hope you are fine I want to ask about eyes problem I have since many years. My doctor said that you have weak eyes cells on corner side and that's why I am unable to see around corners and unable to drive. I can only see through straight. Can anyone tell me plz that should I do, if there...

Last reply
  • Skin Prick test, should I get it done?

Hello guys, I'm a patient who's suffering from strange symptoms for the past 5 years. I have gastric and intestinal issues which are somehow linked to my allergies. When I went to the doctors and told them all my symptoms, they diagnosed me with allergy and gave me myteka( I don't remember...

Posted
  • Dental allergy?

Around five months ago now, I had dental work done. It was a composite filling, The moment the filling was placed, Something felt wrong, I had this strong burning pain in my face. Told the dentist but nothing was done about that, I went home and my cheek felt itchy and my eyelid on that side felt really...

Last reply
  • Su2 Su2

Statins

I was prescribed Atorvastatin but had some muscle pain with it. It was swapped for Simvastatin but then started with dystonic contractions of muscles. On top of that I became fatigued, unable to focus. I've been taken off the medication and the symptoms should decrease as it leaves my system. I...

Last reply
  • Need advice!

So my son lately has been suffering from some sort of attack I don't know if it's asthma or acid reflex I took him to his doctor and they said that they think it's an allergic reaction to something. He will start not being able to breeze I mean like severely can't breeze can't talk...

Last reply
  • Fruit and Veg spray allergies ?

Hi everyone, I live in Australia and have had a few weird allergy experiances of late, the latest one was just an hour ago, I was buying some stuff at the supermarket, I was getting some green beans and ate one like you do when buying, I was checking out and while paying I felt my eyes were itchy so...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I was prescribed Gabapentin on 8/14/17 for PHN from the shingles. On 9/6/17 I was hospitalized from stroke like symptoms. After 2 ct scans, mri showed no stroke, I started having seizure like episodes. They gave me gabapentin and in less than a hour I started having a seizure like episodes where I would...

Last reply
  • Mould and cat allergies... treatment?

Hi, I have suffered with mould and cat allergies for the last 10 years (diagnosed only in last year) resulting in chronic rhinitis. I have a level of reaction currently all year, but the months of Aug-Feb are horrendous. I have to come home and sleep straight after work to get through the next day,...

Last reply
  • That happened to me to

I got stung by a bee, swelled up, was put on prednisone and I too get bumps on my legs after I get out of shower. Been off the prednisone for a month, but my body isn't back to normal. Legs itch like crazy. Have to take benedryl to keep them from itching 

Last reply
  • Really allergies?

Starting in February I started feeling awful. I was nauseous in the morning and shaky. Sometimes my legs and arms felt like pins and needles. I had a lose of appetite and was losing weight. I had seen an ENT and she thought it was reflux. I saw a GI and he did a scope and said everything was clear and...

Last reply
  • Doubting it's allergies now?

Hello, So for the past year and a bit, I have been dealing with chronic sinusitis. I am constantly congested, clearing my throat. Over producing mucus (sorry) and constantly coughing up thick phlegm. I have daily sinus headaches, pressure around my jaw and cheek (actually feels like I have been punched),...

Last reply
  • Allergic to birth control pills, food and more?

Hello! I am a 19 year old Portuguese female. After suffering for so long in my condition (2 years now) without any proper diagnosis from my dermatologist or allergy doctor, I decided to search some forums, hoping of finding someone that is going or that went through the same as I’m going through or that...

Last reply
  • Allegy problen in upper surface of fingers

I have been suffering from a allergy problen in my two palms, so many blisters born in my 4 fingers filled with clear fluid and itching mainly in the night time. It started 3 yrs back and it happend almost every month. Initially started with countless blister and slowly slowly it becomes dry and skin...

Last reply
  • Allergy for 5 months

I moved 5 months ago to an apartment in Charlotte NC that is located right by standing water pipes that they never cleaned like they said they will ever since I moved. I'm 22 years old man smoker(6ye) and marihuana consumer(1-2ye) daily. I have a dog for almost a year but I have been around dogs...

Last reply
  • Can I be allergic to mineral water?

My alchohol intake got out of control and I managed to come of it pretty much, just the occasional drink now, BUT I like to have a long drink in the evening so started drinking San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water instead, up to 3 litres a day, but often less.  I soon noticed that I was getting...

Last reply
  • Chlorine steam and respiratory disorders

After more than 1 year trying to understand what happens to me I found out ... ​Everything started with chest tightness, wheezing and shortness of breath after every shower or bath....but not straight away...after a couple of hours and was annoying for 24 hours after. I thought I am allergic to shampoo...

Last reply
  • Severe dog allergies

Hello all I am a 21 year old female about 4 months ago I had a sudden onset of dizziness and rapid pulse, I was also struggling to breathe a little.I thought that if I had these symptoms again I would go to the doctor. About two weeks later I started to have these episodes more frequently. I would get...

Last reply
  • Which allergy blood tests do I need?

Just wondering which blood tests I need to check if I have an allergic reaction to something? I have already had: IgG IgA IgM Are these all of them or am I missing any? Thanks very much for any help 

Last reply
  • Itchy, dry mouth when eating lobster dish??

Last night my family and I went out for a really nice dinner in Hawaii. My daughter ordered a lobster toped mahi mahi dish. After taking a few bites she told me that she was getting a weird feeling in her mouth only when she ate the lobster topping, so I tried the topping as well and the same happened...

Last reply
  • How I cleared my constant mucus in the throat

Hi, I had suffered from throats mucus for 3 long years..... I have been to n number of doctors, one doctor diagnosed me with GERD, the other with chronic sinusitis and the other with parasites, I have been on antibiotics, PPIs, antihistamines, decongestants and the list goes goes on. Nothing...... I...

Last reply
  • Is it an allergy?

I was always stuffy all year round and in i kept getting allergy conjectavitis and ear pain. well a year and a half ago  dairy and soy started giving me stomach issues so i was advized by my doctor to cut them out..... cuting them out has helped my ear pain and nose. exept this march my ears started...

Last reply
  • Wrong diagnosis?

I had a spirometry test 3 months ago. I told before test I have a chest infection but they still made a spirometry. Results showed mild asthma. ​I never wheezed in my lungs, and I am not getting tired due to effort. They putted me on steroid inhaler (Clenil Modulite 100mg) 2 puffs morning and 2 puffs...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.