Skip to content

Allergic Disorders

Also known as Anaphylaxis, Drug Allergy, Dust Mite Allergy, Food Allergy, Latex Allergy, Nut Allergy, Pet Allergy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ice cream Allergy

Hello guys, After eating ice cream, there are some red rashes on both my hands for 10 to 20 minutes. Is this symptom of Ice cream allergy?  

Posted
  • Allergy medicine help

Hello guys!! Can anyone recommend a gluten-free antihistamine? My seasonal allergy symptoms are sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes.  

Posted
  • PPD allergy

Has anyone any experience of hair dye allergies like PPD? My eyelids, upper cheeks, scalp and ears have been itching for months and every test I’ve had has been negative. I have a permanent hair dye at the hairdressers every 10 weeks and can identify the itching starting around the same time.   …

Last reply
  • Non-flocked lined rubber gloves

Hi I need to use rubber gloves to wash dishes etc as i have sensitive skin, however I can't use flocked lined rubber gloves I need just plain rubber gloves. I can't find the anywhere, can anyine help, I live in the UK. TIA Karen

Last reply
  • Constant break outs and reactions

Hi I'm a 28 year old female. I am currently on treatment for my allergies via tablets and Injections. How ever I still have constant reactions on my face, neck, hands and arms. Starts out as urtercaria rash and hives then looks like a pin prick rash. Its always very sore and result's in …

Last reply
  • itchy roof of mouth

I get an awful itch on the top of my mouth near the back...i find myslef subconsciously itching this day and night. It does get better with half ever tablets sometimes but comes back and it comes at all.times of the year... does anyone.else get this? I'm. Worried it might over time cause me …

Last reply
  • Best allergy testing

hi folks,  apart from the doctors, where can I go to get a full allergy testing done ???  I live in North Manchester but can travel  thank you   

Posted
  • Lips and Tongue swelling

I have had episodes of this for a few years, twice ending up in A&E when tongue was swollen so much I found it difficult to breath but today I actually mentioned it to the doctor and showed her pictures.  No idea what triggers it.  Does anyone else have this reaction to anything

Last reply
  • Ear pain close to 2 weeks

Hello-first time posting, I’ve been experiencing phantom and sharp ear pains in my inner right ear for close to two months. I originally went to the Doctor Who checked my ear, no infection but said it was inflamed and prescribed me Flonase, most likely due to allergies. Please note, I have never …

Posted
  • Did I have an anaphylactic reaction?

Hi all. For the past two plus months I’ve been gluten and dairy free, for my nursing son’s eczema. I’ve also been egg free for three weeks. Intermittently, I’ve had some random swelling and/or tingling in my face, neck, jaw, hands, and feet. It’s barely noticeable, and it’s something I mostly just …

Last reply
  • Am I allergic to incense?

Last Easter, I was in church and started feeling really sick. The smell of incense became overbearing. Suddenly, I was 'blind', deaf and couldn't feel anything, but was still conscious enough to get out and get to the bathroom. Once out of the incense, I felt much better. But I began to …

Posted
  • Sudden shellfish allergy?

Went out for dinner at a seafood restaurant yesterday evening, and while eating lobster and shrimp, my face, specifically around my nose suddenly became extremely itchy. As I continued to eat, the itchiness spread through my body, leaving irritated areas a bright red. I stopped eating for a bit, …

Last reply
  • I can’t smell I can’t breathe!!

Okay so I’m 18 & I’ve been having allergies ever since I was little. I know I’m allergic to almost everything (wood, carpet,dogs, etc). & my allergies isn’t bad. All I get is tuning/stuffy nose.then I just get some of that minty cream (sorry forgot the name but it’s strong like ben gay) …

Last reply
  • D14 D14

Non IgE mediated allergy

I would really like to talk to someone about allergies. I have anaphylaxis to all nuts (epi pens) I also have an allergy to 2 types of medication (hives) Um, but I have had bowel issues for no 13 years now . Been tested for everything possible, but today the consultant said it could be a food …

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fatigue and other symptoms

Hi, please help me with my concern. I have swollen lymph nodes about 2 in my neck right bellow my jaw, have about 3 small ones under my jaw, one in my right armpit and 1 in my left groin, im fatigued, really dizzy and my vission sometimes is blurry, i've been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis …

Last reply
  • Allegy problen in upper surface of fingers

I have been suffering from a allergy problen in my two palms, so many blisters born in my 4 fingers filled with clear fluid and itching mainly in the night time. It started 3 yrs back and it happend almost every month. Initially started with countless blister and slowly slowly it becomes dry and …

Last reply
  • Anybody else allergic to Antidepressants?

I was on fluoxetine last christmas, and had an awful reaction when they started kicking in, I ended up in hospital with rashes and unable to breathe etc: after a few days the steroids helped enough so i could go home, but ever since then my joints have been so painful and my fatigue so bad I'm …

Last reply
  • Red marks on neck and chest

Hi, I have lately been getting red/orange marks on my neck and chest. They are sometimes more visible, and sometimes less visible. Anyone knows what this is? Am I allergic to something?  

Posted
  • Xenidate XL

I have a daughter who has been taking Xenidate for a couple of years. She is 37 years of age.I have notice she gets involuntary head movements and she has told me she gets sexual psychosis. Has anyone else suffered with this when on this medication as I am becoming concerned.

Posted
  • DP/DR symptoms and seasonal allergies?

Hi! I am a 20 year old female from Ohio and since May 11th I have been feeling derealization/depersonalization symptoms. When this started, I had just returned home from college for the summer and then a week later the symptoms appeared. I have always had really bad seasonal allergies and spring …

Posted
  • Cat Allergy

I've had an allergic response to cats all my life, wheezy chest, runny nose, itchy eyes, very normal symptoms. Over the counter antihistamines do very little, so for the most part I avoid visiting people who have cats, or keep my visits as short as possible. A very good friend of mine now …

Posted
  • Allergic reaction to hydroxychloroquin

Hi, was prescribed hydroxychloroquin for arthritis in April this year.  Had an allergic reaction after 6 days - hives followed by water retention in my legs (put on 12lbs of fluid within days), followed by urinary tract infection, hair loss, dermatitis.  Also I now suffer from insomnia as …

Last reply
  • Systemic Nickel Allergy

18 y/o female: I’m 99% sure I have a systemic nickel allergy because I nearly go into anaphylactic shock when I consume chocolate (I take Benadryl and I have an EpiPen), I get random rashes all over my body, I get a rash on my face when I eat foods with nickel in them, and my tongue tingles/burns …

Posted
  • Immediate pressure allergy / urticaria

Description: I have a very strange case of pressure allergy. If any part of my body is slightly pressured, it starts to get red, painful and a very bad itch starts immediately. Examples: 1. If I hold a heavy bag, my hands hurts and itch 2. When I seat on the toilet, my thighs itch like crazy 3. …

Last reply
  • Pain in temples and runny nose

I have pollen allergy. I have runny nose and sinus pain, but also I have pain in both of my temples. Is this temple pain a common symptom of allergy and/or sinus problems? I take otc medications for relive pain but they are not working. Help! I'm 13 year old.

Last reply
  • Is this a pollen allergy symptom?

Hi. I am new here. One week ago, i took an ibuprofen and got some tingling in my tongue. I have been having health anxiety every day since then. Pollen is kinda strong in my country these days and i'm sensitive to it. I know that pollen can cause tongue tingling indirectly via oral food …

Last reply
  • Egg sensitivity suddenly

I have suddenly made egg sensitivity. I used to eat 3 to 4 eggs boiled daily but now I can't eat them. Now I hate eating them I can't swallow them.

Posted
  • Dental allergy?

Around five months ago now, I had dental work done. It was a composite filling, The moment the filling was placed, Something felt wrong, I had this strong burning pain in my face. Told the dentist but nothing was done about that, I went home and my cheek felt itchy and my eyelid on that side felt …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.