Skip to content

Allergic Disorders

Also known as Anaphylaxis, Drug Allergy, Dust Mite Allergy, Food Allergy, Latex Allergy, Nut Allergy, Pet Allergy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Donna constantly gets a painful rash in sea

No matter where we go in the world my son will go in the sea and instantly come out in a rash. This now prevents us going to the beach which isn’t the end of the world but if it can be prevented to enable isn’t to visit would be nice.  I’ve heard of something called swimmers rash but as only he...

Last reply
  • Dental allergy?

Around five months ago now, I had dental work done. It was a composite filling, The moment the filling was placed, Something felt wrong, I had this strong burning pain in my face. Told the dentist but nothing was done about that, I went home and my cheek felt itchy and my eyelid on that side felt really...

Last reply
  • Chronic Throat inflammation and redness

Assalamoalikum I have chronic throat problem Wall of my throat always remain red and inflammed. From last few days i am experiencing few white spots on my right tonsils. Please help me suggesting proper physician to visit. Thankyou

Last reply
  • itchy roof of mouth

I get an awful itch on the top of my mouth near the back...i find myslef subconsciously itching this day and night. It does get better with half ever tablets sometimes but comes back and it comes at all.times of the year... does anyone.else get this? I'm. Worried it might over time cause me problems...

Last reply
  • Horrible itch

I've had this itch for like 9 weeks now. At first it would just be blanched hives which would last a few hours. They would appear all over my body. I was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis, was told to avoid common allergens and was prescribed two antihistamines as well as a corticosoid cream. They...

Last reply
  • Can I be allergic to mineral water?

My alchohol intake got out of control and I managed to come of it pretty much, just the occasional drink now, BUT I like to have a long drink in the evening so started drinking San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water instead, up to 3 litres a day, but often less.  I soon noticed that I was getting...

Last reply
  • Allergic to cheese and nuts

Hi all,  I never knew that I was allergic to cheese until one night my husband and I returned home from work latish one afternoon. I had to prepare a quick meal for us so I boiled some macaroni and added grated cheese. I melted it in the microwave and dished it up for us with a bit of pasta sauce...

Last reply
  • Is this a pollen allergy symptom?

Hi. I am new here. One week ago, i took an ibuprofen and got some tingling in my tongue. I have been having health anxiety every day since then. Pollen is kinda strong in my country these days and i'm sensitive to it. I know that pollen can cause tongue tingling indirectly via oral food allergy...

Last reply
  • Immunotherapy (Allergy Shot)

Hello! I am 25 years old   I have been on allergy shots cause I found out like last year I was allergic to dander, rats and rat poop and ragweed and other crap but I’m taking Zyrtec once a day and I feel a little better then before last year. Just wanted to ask people who have done immunotherapy...

Last reply
  • Mild Allergy to Paprika?

Alright so I really don't do the whole 'medical forum' thing often, just cause I don't want to scare myself, I have enough problems to worry about. Regardless, I have been weirded out for the past like 8 years (im 16) about this feeling at the back of the roof my mouth I get when I eat...

Last reply
  • Rash

Gud morning My son has been suffering from rash around the oesophagus and anytime I treat it  it goes and comes back again .some times it last for a week n goes but comes back again Pls what drugs or test should I gv or perform. Thanks

Last reply
  • Allergy to Magnesium stearate

I have found that I am acutely allergic to Magnesium stearate, and from what I read on many forums so are many other people who don't realise, what is causing them the problems. I am on tablets for High BP, if I take tablets with high levels of magnesium stearate in my BP rises, not falls. Stearates...

Posted
  • Allergy of prawns?

Hi, I had hives all over my body, also my bp got low. Doctor said its prawns allergy but i had eaten prawns like 18hrs before the onset of the hives. Does allergy takes this much time? PS: I had done resistance band arm workout 20hrs before that. Can it be exercise induced allergy?

Last reply
  • Have you heard of Leptospirosis?

Have you heard of Leptospirosis? It is a bacterial disease of humans and animals, that is transmitted through contaminated water and urines of infected animals. It is a bacterial infection caused by Leptospira bacteria. If you come in contact with the urine, blood and tissue of animals which are affected...

Last reply
  • Is this an allergy? Help!

I started with itchy skin around my eyes 8 weeks ago. At its worst I get watery eyes, blurry vision and a stuffed nose. Am really tired all of the time and my thyroid TSH level is below range but the GP days this wouldn’t cause the itchy skin etc. I’ve seen a dermatologist and have been patch tested...

Last reply
  • Is this allergies?

For the past month I've had a clogged nose every night when I lay down. If I turn over onto my other side, the nostril that's up will drain into the other and vice versa. I also get itchy eyes and severe breathing problems that I think might be anxiety but not sure because it feels so wrong....

Last reply
  • Anybody else allergic to Antidepressants?

I was on fluoxetine last christmas, and had an awful reaction when they started kicking in, I ended up in hospital with rashes and unable to breathe etc: after a few days the steroids helped enough so i could go home, but ever since then my joints have been so painful and my fatigue so bad I'm not...

Last reply
  • Allergy shots/food cross reactivity

Hi!  I was diagnosed with a birch pollen allergy. I find I am having allergic reactions to onions, nectarines, and other foods that cross-react with birch pollen. The nurse at the allergist said allergy shots for the birch pollen issue would not help with food cross-reactivity. Is this true? ...

Posted
  • Unstoppable Sneezing

Hi, I'am john . I have a sneezing problem, Ihave shown to some doctors but no solution.They say its some type of allergy & some say that these are the symptoms of migraine , In detailed ; before sneezing i get a irritation in my upper part of the nose walls like something is crawling there and...

Posted
  • Wonderful Allergies

Hey all, I wanted to give some advice/encouragement for people with different types of allergy. You have probably heard many of the practical steps for dealing with allergies. For example, I have had dust mite allergy symptoms for a while and have taken many of the practical (mainly avoidance) steps...

Last reply
  • Dust mite allergy ? any advice

Hi; Joined the wonderful world of allergies in my early twenties with allergy to sunbathing; I'd had prickly heat before, but this skin rash was much worse, the only relief was lying in a bath of cold water. This was followed by an allergy to skin products which turned me into the incredible hulk...

Last reply
  • sertraline allergic reaction

Having made a decision to go on medication after a severe anxiety attack, my doctor prescribed sertraline. On the fourth day, of taking it,  I began severe itching on my hands, head, feet, this happened in the evening, I woke with it,   I tried to solve the problem, calm myself down, but...

Posted
  • Cat allergy - DRIVING ME NUTS FOR 3.5 YEARS

Hello all I need some help or advice here as this is driving me totally insane! About 3.5 years ago I moved into a house where there was 3 cats, previous to this time I always got a little watery eyed and itchy nose if I was in contact or around a cat, so I moved in & all was ok till I developed...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.