Histamine Intolerant

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everyone,

Last month I had a stomach bug which lasted two days. After that, during the week I became extremely itchy. I thought it was the sweat from jogging or my workout clothes. i scratched and developed dermatographia. Id have been okay with this if the hives/scratches only occurred because of my scratching, but wheals began to appear randomly. Getting into my car, going from AC to warm weather. I suspect menopause. The scariest thing are the twitches Ive developed. i went to see an allergist who said i have HIT and that the twitches are due to the over production of histamine. She put me on Allegra 2x a day. I made an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow of my own accord. i also have an appointment with a neurologist which im not sure im going to keep. Worried about what the neuro will say. im 46 have been so healthy and non allergic. Had a positive ANA but the antibody is DSF 70 in isolation which found alone is said to me a marker against autoimmune disease. This is so frustrating and i started a new job in the midst of this. i cant get sick.

thanks for your insight.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.