Posted , 3 users are following.
Suddenly, in my 40´s i have developed alcohol allergy. I started when i took a glas of cider a year ago. Suddenly my face,hands,feet swoll up. My face turned red, my throat became swollen. I took antihistamines and felt better after a while. Since then i have tried having a beer, or a glas of wine, but the same thing happens. And hives all over my body, that stays for 1-2 hours.
Of course i have stopped drinking alcohol, and it´s ok. But it´s also a bit sad to not be able to have a glas of wine somtimes. The doctor won´t let me have this checked, because alcohol allergy is not treatable. Has anybode else had this problem? What can be done about it? It´s very similar to "asian flush" syndrome, and maybe has something to do with medication. I take Bisoprolol, Atacand, Warfarin and Omeprazol. Please let me know if anybody have this problem.
0 likes, 1 reply