My whole body itches for 3-4 years, please help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am from Turkey. I am 17 years old. For 3-4 years, when I get excited, when I'm stressed and when I move from a cold to a warm environment, my whole body itches when I walk in the cold. I used a lot of antihistamines, cortisol. Even though I used some drugs with special permission, there was no solution for my illness. I don't know if it's an allergy. I'm also not sure exactly but it is close to the start of winter and is happening much more often in winter. I mean, it's not cold urticaria, and I'm having a lot of it in the summer. I can't go out anymore, please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear about your condition. I'm not a doctor but it sounds like it's an immunological disorder.

have you dried any biologic drugs? they are really expensive here in America but maybe where you live they are more affordable. otherwise I suggest looking at clinical studies to see if any of them can help.

but it sounds really difficult what you're going through.

i have asthma and rhinitis and I can't even bare that so i can only imagine what you're going through. but i would say biologics or gene therapy if it ever becomes available. your immune system needs to be tamped down without being turned off. it's an inflammatory disease.

i hope it gets better, which I think it will if you keep trying. hang in there.

• Posted

First of all, thank you very much for your good words. Yeah, I went to the immunology outpatient clinic a lot. The doctor told me to use antihistamines first.

Then, when it didn't help, I started taking cortisol. Cortisol seemed to have slightly reduced its effects but did not fully cure. After that I used an injectable medicine called Omalizumab. (This medicine is given with special permission.) But this medicine did not help either.

So there's nothing I can do right now, but I'm not gonna let it go.

• Posted

I used to get this for a couple of years when I was a teenager. I got it at your age and it got bad in hot weather and cold weather if I went outside. Also ice lollies used to make my lips swell up. Antihistamines stopped working after a while and it was really embarrassing. But it got a lot better when I was 19 and I don't get it any more. Maybe it was something to do with my hormones changing I don't know.

• Posted

Just a suggestion, get your hormone levels tested and get a glucose tolerance test. I have a hormone imbalance and I am insulin resistant both of which can affect allergies. Take multi vitamin and mineral tablets and omega 3 tablets to keep your immune system healthy. Also try probiotics and prebiotics. Try and avoid trans fats and sugary foods. The more healthy you are the better your body will work.

Good luck I really wish you the best and hope these histamine rashes clear up very soon.

• Posted

I'm new to this site so forgive me for replying to you late.

I had the same problem thirty plus years ago and was on antihistamine for weeks until a work colleague said it could be Lanolin in the body lotion that I'm using. It was the cause. So you can do the same just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.