House Dust Mite Allergy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been allergic to House Dust Mites for +- 40 years. I have been desensitised twice and have anti-allergic Mattress and Pillow covers and wooden floors

My Nasal passages swell up every single night. I have tried many nasal nasal sprays, Quecertin etc and nothing has helped. I have been to two ENT Surgeons and that cannot find any structural issues. Can anybody recommend any this will help to relieve the nasal congestion, which affects my sleep (get 4-5 hours a night sleep) ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi howardC,

Has no-one come forward with any suggestions for you yet ? I don't see much traffic on some of the posts on the forums, wondering if these are good forums to post on ?

I don't know how you've managed with that for 40 years ! I've only been suffering for a few years now, but it's not easy ! Not sure I'd still be sane after 40 years of it !

Can I ask what's involved in the 'desensitising' you had done, and did it work for at least the beginning, or was it no use at all ?

Cheers,

Sam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.