Allergic to clothing/textiles.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, 

I was just wondering if anyone out there is allergic to clothing/textiles in clothing? Are there any companies that offer clothing for these type of allergies? :S

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy I'm allergic to textiles ,if I've gone into a shop and they've shaken out clothing etc to put up on racks ,I've had to leave the shop ASAP  I'm same with newspapers in newsagents .i suffer from Rhinitis .Histamines don't help me at all ,tried all on the market ,plus those from a hospital I've not found any manufacturer out there ,but wish you luck in looking .
  • Posted

Hi. I have perioral dermatitos and im alergy to everything. I just think the the problem is my skin or health condition, im on a facebook page . That people are womderful they are helping me. If u want to join it . It is . Perioral dermatitis.
  • Posted

Hi Lucie,

It depends to which types of clothing you are allergenic?

Where does it irritate you?

• Posted

I am allergic to almost everything you can think of, including clothing and textiles of many kinds. I have found that even organic cotton clothing breaks me out and makes me cough like crazy. The ONLY brand that I have found that works for me is called Cottonique. Their clothes are not only made from organic cotton, but they are dye free, resin free, latex free, chemical free, synthetic fiber free, and bleach free. Their clothes are insanely expensive, but I find them to be long lasting. 

If you are not quite allergic to everything, you might try some clothing basics from organic clothing lines. Some of the more popular ones, that I have had hit or miss success with are: Nigel's Eco Store; The White Company London; The Kids Window; Plain Lazy; Natural Collection; Green Nippers; and Ethical Superstore. 

Good luck in your search!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.