Allergic to Tapazole after 22 days

Posted , 11 users are following.

I was told it is impossible to become allergic after over 20 days. So I continue taking 5 times more. Now nasty rash all over my body, none stop itching. I figure I have to stop Tapazole now.

Anybody knows will the rash go away after stopping Tapazole? Will anybody know should I change to PTU? 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm itching too!  Palms and finger, feet and toes, head, it's driving me crazy and its only been 2 days.  Does benedrine help?

• Posted

I don't know about benedrine specifically, but I had a strong gel form of benedryl that helped.

• Posted

I have been put on tapazole. Ive been on this med at a 20mg dose daily....on day 16 and have suddenly broke out in hives...major hives. My Doctor offered PTU, but was made aware by my pharmacist that this drug can cause liver damage...failure and possible transplant need in the future. I don't want to take that med. Wonder if having my doctor reduce my dose will help??

• Posted

I have tried to take Tapazole twice both worth the same allergic reaction. Burning and itching wrist, elbows and knees. Benadryl takes the intense edge off but that's all. Has anyone heard of being allergic to Sulfu being the cause of the violent reaction to Tapazoke. I am also sensitive to nickle. My doctors office never called today so I propbably will go to the emergency room tomorrow.

• Posted

I have been on 10mg methimazole for 30 days. Got tattooed on Friday later that night hands swelled and have unbearable itching mainly hands. I've had the same tattoo artist for years and have 60% of my body tattooed. Reading this has me convinced it has to be the meds. I called the endocrinologist she told me to hold up on the meds for a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.