Allergic to Wet Ones

Posted , 5 users are following.

To: Lynda79 ... Thank you for the great information. I have been using the Wet Ones for 4 months although I realized quickly that I was allergic to them. Something kept me using them on and off while searching for another cleanser with Benzethonium Chloride.

I found it.... and I am writing about it for all those of you who are allergic to the Wet Ones.

What I found are wipes meant to remove makeup on the face and eyes. I live in Canada and therefore I don't know if they are available in other countries. The product name is MERIDA Cleansing Wipes. They do not come in a canister like the Wet Ones, they are in a square package of 25 large wipes for $1.25. They are sold at DOLORAMA. After only 24 hours, I could not believe the improvement of my eyelids.

If this product is not in your area and if the Wet Ones are not an option, I just want you all to know that Benzethonium Chloride exists in other products and it's worth reading labels until you find the right wipe for you.Good luck to all smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

lyse, thank you for posting.  I'm not allergic to the wet ones, but I'm sure all are grateful for your post who are.  smile  Dena
  • Posted

hi , it's ironic as some years ago Dolorama actually removed their products from the shelves as they found Strept' bacteria in the baby wipes ! Maybe that's why Benz' is now one of the active ingrediants ?
    • Posted

The baby wipes may not have been made by the same Company. The wipes that I am referring to, are made especially for removing eye makeup and therefore are very gentle to the skin. 

• Posted

It was about 3 yrs ago ( according to google ) and they weren't the only company caught out unexpectently . Most companies sub-contract the actual manufacture and that often is to the same company that their competitors use . It happens , things improve and the public are looked after .

doesn't seem that they are for sale in the UK at present .

• Posted

It's regrettable that they are not available in the UK. They absolutely perform a miracle for me. I don't need to do anything more ... not even hot compresses.

• Posted

I'll look a bit deeper , they may even be over here under a different name , thanks for sharing !
  • Posted

Dear Lyse,

This was really great to know as there are so many people that need solutioins to this Blepharitis.

People need different options.

Thanks for taking the time to post as I am  sure so many will benefit from it.

Yours,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hello Lynda79,

First of all I wanted to say thank you for your advices. I would like to ask you something if you dont mind. I suffer from Posterior Blefaritis, do you know if the wet ones work for this kind of Blefaritis?

i was reading all the comments I couldnt find a respond to this, could you help me? I am desperate ... thank you so much

• Posted

Dear daniela,

I had Anterior Blepharitis. It was on my lashes and was evidently a staph infection and that is why the wipes worked.

Honjon, on this site had the oily problem and he used the wipes in the UK and got better.

I really do not know how that would work as it is a gland problem. We do not hear from him so it seemed to have worked for him. 

I used the wipes in the individual packages. Some of the canister things are for house cleaning.

I hope this helps a little.

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.