Skip to content

Blepharitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • rita02437 3

what antibiotic treats bleph?

I have been using erythromycin ointment for a long time. If it were right for bleph I think I would have relief. Not so. I do 2 compresses a day followed by cleaning with the solution of baby shampoo and tto. Then I apply erythromycin both on the eyeball and the lash line. I've been taking doxycyclin...

31 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • S7u 1

Need some advice! Blepharitis :(

Hi guys, Im looking for some advice from fellow blepharitis victims! I was diagnosed last year after having a chalazion cyst investigated at an eye clinic, they chose not to remove the cyat themselves and said it would go away but to keep using hot water compress and baby shampoo. One year on the cyst...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • arnold68787 3

Using Manuka Honey to cure blepharitis?

Has anyone here been using manuka honey? If there are, can anyone tell me how to use honey to your eye? I read an article that someone in Britain cured blepharitis using MAnuka Honey. I'm willing to try it, but want to know how to use it before buying it.

26 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • duke79488 1

Simple Treatment for Blepharitis

I have had blepharitis for two years.  One of the first things I learned was to "clean my eyes daily".  It took me a whole year to figure out what this actually meant.  After many attempts to treat/clean (honey drops, different medical solutions/ointments, baby shampoo, medicated soap, tea tree oil,...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • john 80418 2

I'm sharing some really good news for Bleph.

I've had bleph for over 40 years, usually 2 bad flareups per year. Thanks to this forum I have finally found something that works(thank you). As posted in another thread, I use 1 drop tee tree oil, 1 drop baby shampoo in 100 ml of water. I apply with a wet one(also good) morning and night. It works....

7 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • linda67164 2

Seborrheic Dermatitis.

I think I have Seborrheic Dermatitis along with Blepharitis. As the left side of my face is Red/Scaley an stings like mad. It is my left eye that is rreally bad at the moment, & I am trying all the things I read about on this forum. I am using artifical tears for dry eyes. Plus wipes. Does any one have...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JoJo204 2

HELP with the wet ones process!

Like many my story is long and frustrating. I have Multiple Sclerosis with several disabling symptoms. A year ago I was severely stressed out and developed facial rosacea and bleph w/ocular roscea. I'll tell you what: my severe bleph symptoms have trumped all of my disabling MS symptoms and I'm one...

49 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Burymafia 2

4 weeks in Flucloxacillin prescribed

I'm experiencing my first bout of Blepharitis, and after 4 weeks of suffering I have been prescribed 250 Flucloxacillin 4 times a day, anyone else been prescribed antibiotics & was it successful?  The swelling hasgone down, but can still be very itchy at times. So much harder to focus, especially when...

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Gavinium 3

I need success stories please!

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo. Here I sit, a month later...

133 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • oliver8 2

Treatment info for Blepharitis

Has anyone found treatment info specifically for Blepharitis? I'm told the same old things like "scrub with baby shampoo" and I'm not getting any better. I'm frustrated and hope that some doctor somewhere has studied this terrible condition - and just want to find the answers! Thank you, Oliver, London

336 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • chris2 2

Relieved it's blepharitis!

The optician just told me I have blepharitis and I'm relieved! These past weeks I've had blurry vision, sensitivity to light, sore gritty eyes etc and any eye make up makes it worse. In strong sunshine I was blinking like a mole. At my age you are more prone to serious eye conditions and I had aleady...

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lucywinston 1

Puffy eyelid, extra crease and puffy fold

Hi there I am having all kinds of problems with the skin above my eyelid at the moment! It is like an extra fold and crease and v unsightly- i can send a picture... I was wondering if you could help at all or knew what this could be?! It isn't painful just very unsightly! it is like a big puffy crease...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • andrew27426 2

slimy eyes, driving me mad :(

Hey guys im new here. Nice to meet people with the similar problem, Ive had this terrible condition since I was 18, i am now nearly 28. I dont get as itchy eyes as others do, the part that I really struggle with is the stringy discharge that im constantly pulling out (normally from the corner of my eye)...

30 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • WilliamSnow 2

Blepharitis & Wet Ones Experiment 1/17/2017

I was diagnosed with Blepharitis 3 years ago during a routine eye exam.   Since that time, I have had several exacerbations.  The last one, several months back from the time of this post had me looking for new ideas.  Here's my situation: 53 y/o caucasian male with a past medical history of Roseacea...

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chevonnehawkins 2

Blepharitis..Wet ones not working

Hi, ​I was on this site a year ago as I have been a sufferer of Blepharitis for over 15 years. It did clear up completely a year ago after using the wet ones for a couple weeks but for some reason it has come back and my eyelids are so red, however no crust like before. ​I have tried most things, and...

43 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Chloeparrot 4

Swollen area under eyebrow - any ideas?

I was diagnosed with Blepharitis last year and after following the usual cleaning regime seem to have got that under control.  My problem now is that the area under my eyebrow is badly swollen and can be quite pink. To clarify, I don't mean my eyelid but the area of skin above my eyelid and below my...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tallulah01898 2

Blepharitis and Dry Eye Syndrome

I have been diagnosed with conditoins and am about midway through the treatment program.  I have been advised to use "eye bags" twice a day.  Bought one and sent it bck as it did not hold the heat for very long.  I use the  "bean bag" type product that goes in the microwave.  I heat at 600 degrees for...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • fiona51388 5

wet ones for blepharitis

I have been using wet ones for treatment of my blepharitis for three weeks now and although I no longer get chronic dry, swollen, inflamed, gritty eyes, in other worst of it has gone, and I follow up with eye drops each time, I still have soreness and grittiness in one eye in particular, which is irritating,...

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • becky 60526 2

Thickened eyelids

Undiagnoswd and therefore untreated blepharitis has caused me to have thickened eyelide. Is that permanent? You can see my eyelid under my lashes where in normal eyes, the lashes appear to be next to the eyeball. in my eyes, you see white flesh ( the thickened eyelid) under my lahes against the eyeball....

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Honjon 2

One week using "Wet Ones" with Benzethonium Chloride

I have been using Wet Ones as recommended by Lynda79 (Clean eyes 4 times daily using 1/4 wet one) for one week I can report the following. Initial State:- Eye irritation/soreness/dryness including corneal ulcers, etc which I have had for over 2 months continually. Requiring washing approx 3-4 times...

555 replies 16 votes Last reply
  • dena64643 4

Tea Tree Oil Saved My Eyes.

There's a product out there which is a schrub, and is used to treat Blepharitis. It's very expenesive. I could never afford it. I later learned that one of the main ingredients is Tea Tree Oil. So I bought some and mixed one drop with some no tears baby shampoo. Mixed it in my hand, rubed it over...

20 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • gail70969 1

At last some help with Bletharitus

I have suffered with this complaint for more than 10 years.  Mostly it has been manageable with flareups from time to time.  Recently a flare up just got worse and worse.  No amount of bathing or using Minnims Artificial tears helped.  Many mornings eyes were completely stuck together.  I was becoming...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • denise 1044 2
  • Tracywills26 2

Blepheritis help. Wet ones?

Hi... I have recently been diagnosed with Blepheritis and my eyes are shocking, making me feel quick anxious about their appearance. It suddenly just started about 10 weeks ago, i have tried everything you can think of! I saw the optician on the weekend and that's when they told me that i have Blepheritis....

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rita02437 3

I am miserable.

SOS. My upper eyelid outer area is inflamed. Feels like its burning. Seems like an allergy. Many of you here take antihistamine but my eye doctor INSISTS that antihistamine dries out eyes. She refuses to prescribe it. I am willing to try some over the counter but I don't know which one. Also may be cold...

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • drewlizard 3

Blurred Or Lost Vision From Blepharitis?

Anyone here got blurriness from blepharitis?  Im really worried right now because few days ago i had pain in my eye so i took off my contacts.   I then used wetones as i been using it since earlier this year but it seems like both of my eyes, i have lot of broken skin inflamed around my eyes.  This...

53 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • echobravo80 2

Upper eyelid swollen, red and itchy, help!

I have Rosacea and with that dry eyes and what seems to be blepharitis. I use Systane lid wipes daily along with lubricating drops. Just last week my upper eye lid became extremely itchy. Now it has progressed into a swollen upper eye lid that is red and itchy. Optometrists prescribed antibiotic drops...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Lena46 2

Blepharitis and dry eye sufferer for several years.....

I've had blepharitis for more years then I care to remember. This condition started in my early 30's and I'm now approaching 47. Living with this condition has been the most dabilitating thing I've ever encountered. It has affected my personal and professional life in the most profound way. It took years...

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • B-man32549 2

Raw Manuka Honey

Guys, don't be afraid to put honey on your eyes. I smear it on my lids twice a day and it works like a charm. I'll even leave it on if I have nothing to do for a while. Just make sure that it's raw honey. Preferably Manuka. It's no joke. There are antibiotic and anti-inflammatory qualities, but it doesn't...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • nick64396 2

Advise

Hi All, Firstly, i'd like to thank everyone who contributes on here, it has helped a great deal over the years in realising I am not alone in this. 10 years ago I got laser eye treatment and around a year later developed multiple styes on upper and lower lids. I was told this was blocked meibodiam...

9 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • veronica54671 2

My personal blepharitis cure!!!!!

Try fluticasone nasal spray!! Has anyone used nasal allergy sprays?! I've had blepharitis for about 7 months now. Tried wet ones, shampoo in my eyes, steroid shots, steroid creams, etc. These all worked temporarily. Decided one day to try a nasal spray after seeing an ad for allergies. I bought the ...

7 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • MrPicky 2

Veins in eyes keep worsening - HELP!

I have had pretty severe dry eyes/blepharitis/ocular rosacea since I developed rosacea in 2010 when I was just 24. (I think the rosacea and eye problems are probably linked to taking roaccutane and antidepressants). Anyway, one night in January 2015 after playing video games, I noticed a little raised,...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • danny52004 2

Perhaps you should also see a dermatologist.

So last week I went to a dermatologist instead of ophthalmologist for the first time, due to the fact that hot compress and blephasol are no longer effective.I simply wanted to hear if there's a possibility that my condition is not blepharitis but something else.   After checking my eyelids, he came...

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • denise 1044 2

Drier eyes since starting steroid drops

i have blepharitis for which I'm taking steroid drops. My eyes have become so dry since commencing these. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Also I need something to help my dry eyes through the night. My doctor gave me Xailin night ointment but my eyes feel very irritated when I use it and am...

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • dank94 3

Is or has anyone suffered from thickened under eyelids?

I don't know if this is related to blepharitis as I have been told by one doctor i have blepharitis and then the next doctor told me that I do not. However, I have noticed my under eye area has become much worse and thickened. It kind of looks swollen and more baggy. Of course this is making it hard...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.