Skip to content

Blepharitis

Also known as Eye - Blepharitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • WET ONES WET WIPE WASH FOR BLEPH

WET WIPE WASH I am amazed that in this current world of technological and medical excellence, when we can send mankind to different planets, build robotic beings, conceive babies in test tubes and rebuild body parts, we cannot resolve such a simple issue as my 6 years old chronic dry eye /bleph condition....

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and chronic dry eye

I have severe dry eye problems and more recently chronic blepharitis.  The eye clinic I attend makes no arrest to address this other than to suggest the usual lid cleansing routine and massage At the moment by GP has put me on hydrocortisone cream for a week but I can't say it is having much...

Last reply
  • Need some tips

Just been diagnosed so any help will be useful, doing hot compass also tea tree oil cleansing have it in one eye only , is there any drops that will help??  

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and lash extensions?

I have been wearing lash extensions for four years. About six months ago, my eyes started bothering me. I didn't think too much of it until I saw my opthamologist yesterday. She said the pours in my eyelids were clogged and she diagnosed me with blepharitis. I asked if I should have my lashes removed...

Last reply
  • Using Manuka Honey to cure blepharitis?

Has anyone here been using manuka honey? If there are, can anyone tell me how to use honey to your eye? I read an article that someone in Britain cured blepharitis using MAnuka Honey. I'm willing to try it, but want to know how to use it before buying it.

Last reply
  • Warning! Manuka Honey...

Manuka Honey is an excellent treatment for blepharitis, but be careful! If not diluted the higher concentrated form can burn! Please dilute a small amount with purified water before you apply with a q-tip. . Dena

Last reply
  • MUST READ! Baby shampoo and tea tree oil

I read a few people saying they use tea tree face wash for bleth. I went ahead and added 2 drops of tea tree pure oil into my baby shampoo and water mix that I apply twice daily to lashes with a cotton bud.. 24 hours later my vision is clearer, I've woke up on the second day with a very small amount...

Last reply
  • Really suffering, best eye ointment ever been taken off market

Has anyone with raging permanent or semi permanent blepharitis encountered a problem getting hold of lacrilube eye ointment recently?  Its showing as unavailable virtually everywhere!!  I don't know how the marketeers can be so ruthless and cruel, I have raging sore, swollen, reddened,...

Last reply
  • Eyelash Loss

Hello Everyone, I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree oil/baby...

Last reply
  • Eye Make up/remover for Blepharitis sufferers?

Hi Im new to the site. Could anyone recommend any eye make up, mainly eyeliner and mascara, also remover?  I have read that as long as you clean it off properly, the use Blephasol? at night you should be able to wear it.  I have just been diagnosed with Blepharitis and want to be able...

Last reply
  • Please, Please, Try Manuka Honey!

I've been studying this condition for a few years now, and besides Tea Tree Oil and No Tears Baby Shampoo, Manuka is giving me great results. Please try it. I believe that eventually we WILL cure this condition. Remember, doctors have been wrong before.

Last reply
  • Demodex and Blepharitis

I thought I had a reasonable preventative regime for control of this awful condition but I am now in remission with a dreadful swollen upper left eyelid and two chalazions in it.  I found a website:- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov which explains how and why the remodel mite is the root of all evil as far as rosacea...

Last reply
  • blephagel very effective for blepharitis

Since using blephagel on a regular basis for a couple of months, I have found it the only thing that works for me, it is a thick, medicated gel in a large tube you can get from your doctor, large tube so you get plenty of it so don't have to be sparing, and it works, as its good and thick in gel...

Last reply
  • My blepharitis experience

I have had four operations on three eyelids this year. I tried very hard to stick with homeopathy and still think this is a good thing. I think this is related to a bout of cellulitis I had in the tissue around my eyes. i also suffer from rosacea. I will try anything to stop it recurring and so I am...

Last reply
  • Tea Tree Oil Saved My Eyes.

There's a product out there which is a schrub, and is used to treat Blepharitis. It's very expenesive. I could never afford it. I later learned that one of the main ingredients is Tea Tree Oil. So I bought some and mixed one drop with some no tears baby shampoo. Mixed it in my hand, rubed...

Last reply
  • Manuka Honey, it's a Miracle!

Ok, I'm back! Used Tea Tree Oil and no tears baby shampoo, got good results. Still was using eye drops all through the night, it disturbed my sleep terribly, because of the dry eyes. Used Manuka 🍯 Honey on my eyelids and the along the rims of my eyes on the bottom with a Q-tip. Didn't...

Last reply
  • Chinese herbalist

After experiencing months of agony I was finally diagnosed with Blepharitis. Not being able to hide the lines and wrinkles and the soreness as a result of the skin condition I decided to research.... Endless research to find some form of relief!... After all the doctor had told me there was no cure......

Last reply
  • Treatment info for Blepharitis

Has anyone found treatment info specifically for Blepharitis? I'm told the same old things like "scrub with baby shampoo" and I'm not getting any better. I'm frustrated and hope that some doctor somewhere has studied this terrible condition - and just want to find the answers!...

Last reply
  • Severe Blephartis

Anyone try Cliradex or Ocusof for severe conditions? I am using the Wet Ones Red but I need some moisture around my eyes. My eyes are a swollen red mess, itchy, uncomfortable and unsightly. Entire lids are bright red, swelling is entire upper lids and below eye ocular area. I was on Bactrian and zpack.

Last reply
  • Has anybody had Blepharitis and cataract surgery complications?

I have had a very complicated journey with Bleph. Using the WetOnes and TTO for 4 months has ALMOST completely eradicated it. Now my Optho says I'm ready for cataract surgery for both eyes. I have seen articles where the cataract surgery can exacerbate the Blepharitis, sometimes horribly. I cannot...

Last reply
  • iron deficient- blepharitis- its gone!!!!

HI - I'm new to blepharitis. I have only been suffering with it for a few months and it has been a nightmare. I have tried so many different remedies with no luck My symptoms have been a combination of the following: dry eyes, swollen puffy sore red eye lids, eye lid flaking and dryness, dry eyes,...

Last reply
  • Sudocrem

Hello everyone Would just like to share my story, as after 15 years of this horrible condition I have had my first week of comfortable eyes. I can date exactly when my eyes first became sore ,as l had started a new job where I walked to work past lots of fields and thought it was hay fever eyes, anyway...

Posted
  • Cure - Manuka Honey

First time posting, I swore I’d share if I found something that works and I did! So I’ve had Blepharitis since 2012 (the dry kind that leaves you with horrible crusty flakey lashes) and have been trying to control it since then. I came across a post about wet ones I think maybe 2 years later and for...

Last reply
  • Alternative to mild baby shampoo?

I've seen an ophthalmologist this morning, who diagnosed Blepharitis which has been caused by my Rosacea - so, Ocular Rosacea. The leaflet he has given me about lid hygiene talks about using mild baby shampoo, but my optician has already said to me that this is not used any more.  Can anyone...

Last reply
  • Optimel review?

I've been using optimal for about 2 months now and still having symptoms (eyelash loss, swelling etc). For those that have used optimal, when did you start seeing a difference? 

Last reply
  • Wet vs. dry compress?

Hi, I have suffered from posterior blepharitis/MGD for several years but was just recently diagnosed and am taking active treatment steps for the first time. My ophthalmologist recommended building a hot compress into my daily routine, along with lid scrubs, which is great advice according to what I've...

Last reply
  • Puffy eyelid, extra crease and puffy fold

Hi there I am having all kinds of problems with the skin above my eyelid at the moment! It is like an extra fold and crease and v unsightly- i can send a picture... I was wondering if you could help at all or knew what this could be?! It isn't painful just very unsightly! it is like a big puffy...

Last reply
  • how I solved my blepharitis

I had meibomitis or blepharitis (not very noticeable)My doctor told me to clean my eye lids each night with baby shampoo but my eyes were irritated always.. my poor eyes. Then I got the courage to stop cleaning them.. and the episodes of blepharitis (a dot of grease? that appear in my eyelid when I ate...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis in one eye, now really affecting my life!

Hi all, there's a little bit of back story here, so thank you in advance for taking the time to read it and offer any advice you can! For reference, I'm a 28 year old male. Just over 3 years ago I woke up one morning with a swollen and tender right eye. I assumed it was a stye or similar, and...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and Wellbutrin!

Hi, all.  I just learned via research the other day that Wellbutrin has been connected with MGD (miebeoan gland dysfunction) and blepharitis are connected with this antidepressant. I've been on it two years almost and developed both conditions about 6 months into it.  Anyone else on here...

Posted
  • Optimel Manuka Gel

Dear all, I have suffered with Blepharitis for around 8 years. I believe much of the problems started after lazer eye surgery. I have had MGD, stye formation followed by claizon and surgerical removal. The symptoms that have effected my confidence the most are inflamed upper and lower lids....

Last reply
  • Lipoflow for my blepharitis.

Hello everyone. Just thought l would update you on my Lipoflow treatment. It is nearly 3mths now since l had the procedure. I am happy to say, l am at last having some relief. My MGD glands have been unblocked, to a degree, where l can now feel optimistic about my future. Mary. x

Last reply
  • One week using "Wet Ones" with Benzethonium Chloride

I have been using Wet Ones as recommended by Lynda79 (Clean eyes 4 times daily using 1/4 wet one) for one week I can report the following. Initial State:- Eye irritation/soreness/dryness including corneal ulcers, etc which I have had for over 2 months continually. Requiring washing approx 3-4 times...

Last reply
  • What type of cosmetics do you use?

My eye cosmetics consist of just eye pencil, and that is now causing a problem. This condition has really aged me. What do you use for your sensitive eyes while battling Blepharitis? Dena

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.