Skip to content

Blepharitis

Also known as Eye - Blepharitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Greasy, oily eyelids

I use Huggies on my eyelids several times a day and they certainly work for me however my eyelids are always oily looking. I use no cream of course on eyelids and no makeup but not long after using Huggies my eyelids look greasy and oily again. I've tried using mineral powder but doesn't help...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Eyelash Loss

Hello Everyone, I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree oil/baby...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis help!

I started having issues with Blepharitis end of January 2018 just weeks after having my first baby. I also got rosacea during pregnancy and have been told it may partially be associated. It started with red and watery and crusty eyes muchime pink eye and was treated as such. Months later I self diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Using Manuka Honey to cure blepharitis?

Has anyone here been using manuka honey? If there are, can anyone tell me how to use honey to your eye? I read an article that someone in Britain cured blepharitis using MAnuka Honey. I'm willing to try it, but want to know how to use it before buying it.

Last reply
  • Mixed Blepharitis in plica semilunaris

I’ve been suffering with pain and swelling in my plica semilunaris for the last month, after using a finger to remove a lash from my eye. It’s been diagnosed as mixed blepharitis and the current treatment is generic maxitrol drops. That helped with the worst of the pain, but not the swelling and that...

Last reply
  • Manuka Honey - help!

I ordered some Manuka Honey 24+ as recommended on some of the threads here. What is the best method to use it? I have had no relief with wet ones (my symptoms get worse with it) so want to try this route. I mainly just get some crustys/discharge in the corners of my eyes and occasionally a little flakes...

Last reply
  • Greasy, oily eyelids

I use Huggies on my eyelids several times a day and they certainly work for me however my eyelids are always oily looking. I use no cream of course on eyelids and no makeup but not long after using Huggies my eyelids look greasy and oily again. I've tried using mineral powder but doesn't help...

Posted
  • My Experience with Blepharitis

Hi all, I am currently a medical student who has been suffering from blepharitis for over 2 years now. I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experience of the condition, and some of the things that I have personally found helpful in managing the symptoms. I think a lot of the frustration surrounding...

Last reply
  • One week using "Wet Ones" with Benzethonium Chloride

I have been using Wet Ones as recommended by Lynda79 (Clean eyes 4 times daily using 1/4 wet one) for one week I can report the following. Initial State:- Eye irritation/soreness/dryness including corneal ulcers, etc which I have had for over 2 months continually. Requiring washing approx 3-4 times...

Last reply
  • New to blepharitis

Hello all! I am 21 years old and was told I have blepharitis about a month and a half ago. The doctor told me to use the baby shampoo method. This helped a little but I am still frustrated. I have just stumbled upon posts about lynda79s wet ones method. I am sorry if this has been asked many times on...

Last reply
  • I need success stories please!

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo. Here I sit, a month...

Last reply
  • What else can I try: pic in post

I currently do not how to control my flare up and need your guys help!!  In the past what worked was hot eye compress at night for 10 minutes than Trader Joe’s Manuka Honey on my eyelids overnight, but this regimen no longer works. The only ointment that has worked is Tobradex, but that only clears...

Last reply
  • Why is it doesn’t go away for good?!

Had this condition now for a month. I think it started with Smashbox glitter eyeshadow which I’d rubbed!!  So I’ve stopped using that and had minimal make up on since. Got it to calm down and wore eyeliner and mascara once and it’s flared back up.  I’ve read all about what causes it but nothing...

Last reply
  • Eye Make up/remover for Blepharitis sufferers?

Hi Im new to the site. Could anyone recommend any eye make up, mainly eyeliner and mascara, also remover?  I have read that as long as you clean it off properly, the use Blephasol? at night you should be able to wear it.  I have just been diagnosed with Blepharitis and want to be able...

Last reply
  • WET ONES WET WIPE WASH FOR BLEPH

WET WIPE WASH I am amazed that in this current world of technological and medical excellence, when we can send mankind to different planets, build robotic beings, conceive babies in test tubes and rebuild body parts, we cannot resolve such a simple issue as my 6 years old chronic dry eye /bleph condition....

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and lash extensions?

I have been wearing lash extensions for four years. About six months ago, my eyes started bothering me. I didn't think too much of it until I saw my opthamologist yesterday. She said the pours in my eyelids were clogged and she diagnosed me with blepharitis. I asked if I should have my lashes removed...

Last reply
  • What heatable eye mask would you recommend?

I bought a gel eye mask a while ago, which I heat in the microwave.  However, the heat is not very well dispersed throughout the mask and I'm wondering about buying a different one.  Can anyone recommend an eye mask that works for you?  Also, for how long do you leave the eye mask...

Last reply
  • Nova Tears

I am a chronic blepharitis sufferer and do most of the things that have been posted in this discussion.  I have recently identified through my ophthalmologist that this has had a significant impact on my myobium gland function and as a result I am constantly experiencing dry eye symptoms due to...

Last reply
  • Clinical Eyelid and lash cleaning

I've been suffering with blepharitis for about three months and been diligently following the protocol my ophthalmologist prescribed. Its been helping a lot but is a very long process and very frustrating. I'm desperate to go back to wearing contacts and make up. Although I think things are...

Last reply
  • BLEPHARITIS

Hi Guys, One thing I'm having major trouble with and totally forgot to mention is that I get very crusty eye's. Like I've stated before I've taken everything for it and now on the honey. I also forgot to tell all of you I use( RESTASIS) It  cost 800.00$ and not covered in BC. I'm...

Last reply
  • Blepheritis

Hi all, my blepharitis is getting me down! I'd be grateful if anyone can advise on treatment! At present, I'm washing my eyelashes with a baby shampoo! Regards May

Last reply
  • Really suffering, best eye ointment ever been taken off market

Has anyone with raging permanent or semi permanent blepharitis encountered a problem getting hold of lacrilube eye ointment recently?  Its showing as unavailable virtually everywhere!!  I don't know how the marketeers can be so ruthless and cruel, I have raging sore, swollen, reddened,...

Last reply
  • Unexplained vision issues

I've been through complete hell for the past 6 months! This first started 12 years ago. I was in high school, 15 or 16 years old. Woke up with these weird blind spots throughout my vision. Thought it was an optical migraine because I got those a lot then. But it wouldn't go away. After two days...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and chronic dry eye

I have severe dry eye problems and more recently chronic blepharitis.  The eye clinic I attend makes no arrest to address this other than to suggest the usual lid cleansing routine and massage At the moment by GP has put me on hydrocortisone cream for a week but I can't say it is having much...

Last reply
  • Blurry vision when at computer

Hello, usually when i go to the computer my vision begins to blurry, when i stay a little time, I also have cloudy vision when blinking, being necessary to wash with water to resolve temporarily. My vision disturbs and i cant stay long time behind computer, always have to divert the look to another place,...

Last reply
  • Sudocrem

Hello everyone Would just like to share my story, as after 15 years of this horrible condition I have had my first week of comfortable eyes. I can date exactly when my eyes first became sore ,as l had started a new job where I walked to work past lots of fields and thought it was hay fever eyes, anyway...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis

Hi all, Over the last few months I have had a dry patch just under my right eye which I though was just a bit of excema in the winter. Now to add to that, the dry patch has also moved to my lower lid and has become inflamed and i've got lots of extra lines and have aged about 10 years! From research...

Posted
  • A solution ?

I read all articles about Blepharitis. Everything I used, didnt help, including Matrix..... So I have one book about medicines from nature from  Slovenian priest. I use his recipe: organic apple vinegar and water 1:1. Lubricate the edges of the eye several times a day.  I dont use water...

Last reply
  • slimy eyes, driving me mad :(

Hey guys im new here. Nice to meet people with the similar problem, Ive had this terrible condition since I was 18, i am now nearly 28. I dont get as itchy eyes as others do, the part that I really struggle with is the stringy discharge that im constantly pulling out (normally from the corner of my eye)...

Last reply
  • Please, Please, Try Manuka Honey!

I've been studying this condition for a few years now, and besides Tea Tree Oil and No Tears Baby Shampoo, Manuka is giving me great results. Please try it. I believe that eventually we WILL cure this condition. Remember, doctors have been wrong before.

Last reply
  • Cure - Manuka Honey

First time posting, I swore I’d share if I found something that works and I did! So I’ve had Blepharitis since 2012 (the dry kind that leaves you with horrible crusty flakey lashes) and have been trying to control it since then. I came across a post about wet ones I think maybe 2 years later and for...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis, MGD and DryEye

I have saw a total of 3 different ophthalmologists in the past 10 years, and not one has been able to help me. I have been told by two different doctors I have blepharitis. And I have MGD. One Doctor wanted me to do the LipiFlow treatment for $1000 Cdn (I'm Canadian). And I didn't go through...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.