Skip to content

Blepharitis

Also known as Eye - Blepharitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • bio-oil

has anyone out there used the bio-oil by rubbing it into the lashes twice a day if so can you let me know if it is working for you as it works for me regards

Last reply
  • My blepharitis is gone!

Hi there I would like to share my success story. Accidental paint mist irritated my eyes and quickly led to blepharitis. Six months of warm compresses, cleaning and eye drops for little (almost none) improvement. Then, I tried tea tree oil shampoo which gave immediate improved results. I …

Last reply
  • Discomfort & pain only at night, no pain during day?

Hi there, I have been diagnosed with blepharitis. My eyelids are always red but the pain & ache only comes after I sit down at night around 8 ish. My eyes start to ache, when I sleep if I wake during night I feel like I can’t open my eyes & they really hurt. In the morning there is usually …

Last reply
  • Eye makeup

Can any one recommend any eye makeup for blepharitis sufferers. I only want It was occasional use, I have a wedding next week. I would not want to spend too much. I have had blepharitis for around 20 years and am now 70. I have really missed not being able to use eye make-up.

Last reply
  • Blepharitis & Wet Ones Experiment 1/17/2017

I was diagnosed with Blepharitis 3 years ago during a routine eye exam.   Since that time, I have had several exacerbations.  The last one, several months back from the time of this post had me looking for new ideas.  Here's my situation: 53 y/o caucasian male with a past …

Last reply
  • I need success stories please!

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo. Here I sit, a …

Last reply
  • New to blepharitis and would appreciate some advice

I have just been diagnosed with blepharitis. I’ve bought an eye mask that I heat up in the microwave and then use baby shampoo in cold boiled water to cleanse lashes. It doesn't seem to be doing anything!! Should I wash my face pre or post the eye mask. Also interested in buying the …

Last reply
  • FML Drops

I was prescribed FML drops for my eyes, has anyone had any luck with these drops?  I went to the optomologist for a forgien body sensation in the eye and they didnt find anything, they did say my eye lids looked inflamed and prescribed the FML drops along with artifical tears and then followed …

Last reply
  • Really suffering, best eye ointment ever been taken off market

Has anyone with raging permanent or semi permanent blepharitis encountered a problem getting hold of lacrilube eye ointment recently?  Its showing as unavailable virtually everywhere!!  I don't know how the marketeers can be so ruthless and cruel, I have raging sore, swollen, reddened, …

Last reply
  • Blepharitis: make up and contact lenses, HELP!

Hi everyone! I’m 26 and I’ve been struggling with blepharitis (plus seborrhoeic dermatitis) and MGD for 6 months now, and after months of steroids, antibiotics ointments and lubricating eye drops, it looks like my condition has improved, but to me I still have the same issues and still struggle …

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and lash extensions?

I have been wearing lash extensions for four years. About six months ago, my eyes started bothering me. I didn't think too much of it until I saw my opthamologist yesterday. She said the pours in my eyelids were clogged and she diagnosed me with blepharitis. I asked if I should have my lashes …

Last reply
  • Manuka Honey, _ My Experience.

It's been six months using the Manuka Honey, number 16 strength. It has not cured the blepharitis. However, I used Tea tree oil, the "wipes", and an assortment of other things, and they didn't even come close to giving me the relief that the honey does. I will always use this …

Last reply
  • Blepharitis - Blephasteam goggles and Eyeliner tattoo

Hey guys! I've been stuck with blepharitis for six months now, managing to keep it fairly at bay for the last few weeks, but i am an insomniac so a bad week of sleep tends to make it flair up again. I've just ordered the Blephasteam goggles, has anyone tried them yet? I will report back as …

Last reply
  • Treatment info for Blepharitis

Has anyone found treatment info specifically for Blepharitis? I'm told the same old things like "scrub with baby shampoo" and I'm not getting any better. I'm frustrated and hope that some doctor somewhere has studied this terrible condition - and just want to find the answers! …

Last reply
  • Hypochlor

Prior to usingBenzalkonium chloride wipes I was using hypochlor which did not work The only thing I'm concerned about with blepharitis is the pain it's unbearable as for the crust they don't really matter

Last reply
  • Wet ones

There are two active antibacterials benzalkonium chloride and benzethonium chloride which one works best for blepharitis?

Last reply
  • Antibacterial wipes

Currently using antibacterial wipes containing .115%Benzalkonium chloride. Has anyone used stronger ones? And by the way they do work blepharitis

Last reply
  • Eye pain

I've been diagnosed with blepharitis and I've had it for for 12 years. My biggest complaint about it is eye pain and mind foggy people looked at me like I'm on drugs or drunk. Also it affects my peripheral vision I try not to drive during my attacks. Anyone else have the symptoms?

Last reply
  • Ive had Blepharitis for 20 years

Have had this condition a long time now and its only getting worse constantly infected sore itching red running is there any new treatments out there that people have found affective

Last reply
  • Confused about Eyelid inflammation (Blepharitis)

This all started with a dry patch on the corner of my left eye in January . The dry patch had slowly over weeks grown on my eyelid and in May I started to experience flare ups. I self diagnosed with Blepharitis and started reading here about how people treated their symptoms. However, the only …

Last reply
  • Red eyes, meibomian cysts and at wits end!

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for quite a while today about people who also suffer from Blepharitis along with some success stories which really made me want to post and join in. I'm a 24 year old male who has been diagnosed with Blepharitis approximately 3-4 years ago. When I …

Last reply
  • Nova Tears

I am a chronic blepharitis sufferer and do most of the things that have been posted in this discussion.  I have recently identified through my ophthalmologist that this has had a significant impact on my myobium gland function and as a result I am constantly experiencing dry eye symptoms due …

Last reply
  • Why is it doesn’t go away for good?!

Had this condition now for a month. I think it started with Smashbox glitter eyeshadow which I’d rubbed!!  So I’ve stopped using that and had minimal make up on since. Got it to calm down and wore eyeliner and mascara once and it’s flared back up.  I’ve read all about what causes it but …

Last reply
  • WET ONES WET WIPE WASH FOR BLEPH

WET WIPE WASH I am amazed that in this current world of technological and medical excellence, when we can send mankind to different planets, build robotic beings, conceive babies in test tubes and rebuild body parts, we cannot resolve such a simple issue as my 6 years old chronic dry eye /bleph …

Last reply
  • Eyelash Loss

Hello Everyone, I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree …

Last reply
  • Blepharitis help!

I started having issues with Blepharitis end of January 2018 just weeks after having my first baby. I also got rosacea during pregnancy and have been told it may partially be associated. It started with red and watery and crusty eyes muchime pink eye and was treated as such. Months later I self …

Last reply
  • Using Manuka Honey to cure blepharitis?

Has anyone here been using manuka honey? If there are, can anyone tell me how to use honey to your eye? I read an article that someone in Britain cured blepharitis using MAnuka Honey. I'm willing to try it, but want to know how to use it before buying it.

Last reply
  • Mixed Blepharitis in plica semilunaris

I’ve been suffering with pain and swelling in my plica semilunaris for the last month, after using a finger to remove a lash from my eye. It’s been diagnosed as mixed blepharitis and the current treatment is generic maxitrol drops. That helped with the worst of the pain, but not the swelling and …

Last reply
  • Manuka Honey - help!

I ordered some Manuka Honey 24+ as recommended on some of the threads here. What is the best method to use it? I have had no relief with wet ones (my symptoms get worse with it) so want to try this route. I mainly just get some crustys/discharge in the corners of my eyes and occasionally a little …

Last reply
  • Greasy, oily eyelids

I use Huggies on my eyelids several times a day and they certainly work for me however my eyelids are always oily looking. I use no cream of course on eyelids and no makeup but not long after using Huggies my eyelids look greasy and oily again. I've tried using mineral powder but doesn't …

Posted
  • My Experience with Blepharitis

Hi all, I am currently a medical student who has been suffering from blepharitis for over 2 years now. I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experience of the condition, and some of the things that I have personally found helpful in managing the symptoms. I think a lot of the frustration …

Last reply
  • One week using "Wet Ones" with Benzethonium Chloride

I have been using Wet Ones as recommended by Lynda79 (Clean eyes 4 times daily using 1/4 wet one) for one week I can report the following. Initial State:- Eye irritation/soreness/dryness including corneal ulcers, etc which I have had for over 2 months continually. Requiring washing approx 3-4 …

Last reply
  • New to blepharitis

Hello all! I am 21 years old and was told I have blepharitis about a month and a half ago. The doctor told me to use the baby shampoo method. This helped a little but I am still frustrated. I have just stumbled upon posts about lynda79s wet ones method. I am sorry if this has been asked many times …

Last reply
  • What else can I try: pic in post

I currently do not how to control my flare up and need your guys help!!  In the past what worked was hot eye compress at night for 10 minutes than Trader Joe’s Manuka Honey on my eyelids overnight, but this regimen no longer works. The only ointment that has worked is Tobradex, but that only …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.