Skip to content

Blepharitis

Also known as Eye - Blepharitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Blepharitis

Hi all, Over the last few months I have had a dry patch just under my right eye which I though was just a bit of excema in the winter. Now to add to that, the dry patch has also moved to my lower lid and has become inflamed and i've got lots of extra lines and have aged about 10 years! From research...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Clinical Eyelid and lash cleaning

I've been suffering with blepharitis for about three months and been diligently following the protocol my ophthalmologist prescribed. Its been helping a lot but is a very long process and very frustrating. I'm desperate to go back to wearing contacts and make up. Although I think things are...

Last reply
  • BLEPHARITIS

Hi Guys, One thing I'm having major trouble with and totally forgot to mention is that I get very crusty eye's. Like I've stated before I've taken everything for it and now on the honey. I also forgot to tell all of you I use( RESTASIS) It  cost 800.00$ and not covered in BC. I'm...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and lash extensions?

I have been wearing lash extensions for four years. About six months ago, my eyes started bothering me. I didn't think too much of it until I saw my opthamologist yesterday. She said the pours in my eyelids were clogged and she diagnosed me with blepharitis. I asked if I should have my lashes removed...

Last reply
  • I need success stories please!

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo. Here I sit, a month...

Last reply
  • Blepheritis

Hi all, my blepharitis is getting me down! I'd be grateful if anyone can advise on treatment! At present, I'm washing my eyelashes with a baby shampoo! Regards May

Last reply
  • Really suffering, best eye ointment ever been taken off market

Has anyone with raging permanent or semi permanent blepharitis encountered a problem getting hold of lacrilube eye ointment recently?  Its showing as unavailable virtually everywhere!!  I don't know how the marketeers can be so ruthless and cruel, I have raging sore, swollen, reddened,...

Last reply
  • Unexplained vision issues

I've been through complete hell for the past 6 months! This first started 12 years ago. I was in high school, 15 or 16 years old. Woke up with these weird blind spots throughout my vision. Thought it was an optical migraine because I got those a lot then. But it wouldn't go away. After two days...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis and chronic dry eye

I have severe dry eye problems and more recently chronic blepharitis.  The eye clinic I attend makes no arrest to address this other than to suggest the usual lid cleansing routine and massage At the moment by GP has put me on hydrocortisone cream for a week but I can't say it is having much...

Last reply
  • Blurry vision when at computer

Hello, usually when i go to the computer my vision begins to blurry, when i stay a little time, I also have cloudy vision when blinking, being necessary to wash with water to resolve temporarily. My vision disturbs and i cant stay long time behind computer, always have to divert the look to another place,...

Last reply
  • Sudocrem

Hello everyone Would just like to share my story, as after 15 years of this horrible condition I have had my first week of comfortable eyes. I can date exactly when my eyes first became sore ,as l had started a new job where I walked to work past lots of fields and thought it was hay fever eyes, anyway...

Last reply
  • Using Manuka Honey to cure blepharitis?

Has anyone here been using manuka honey? If there are, can anyone tell me how to use honey to your eye? I read an article that someone in Britain cured blepharitis using MAnuka Honey. I'm willing to try it, but want to know how to use it before buying it.

Last reply
  • Blepharitis

Hi all, Over the last few months I have had a dry patch just under my right eye which I though was just a bit of excema in the winter. Now to add to that, the dry patch has also moved to my lower lid and has become inflamed and i've got lots of extra lines and have aged about 10 years! From research...

Posted
  • A solution ?

I read all articles about Blepharitis. Everything I used, didnt help, including Matrix..... So I have one book about medicines from nature from  Slovenian priest. I use his recipe: organic apple vinegar and water 1:1. Lubricate the edges of the eye several times a day.  I dont use water...

Last reply
  • slimy eyes, driving me mad :(

Hey guys im new here. Nice to meet people with the similar problem, Ive had this terrible condition since I was 18, i am now nearly 28. I dont get as itchy eyes as others do, the part that I really struggle with is the stringy discharge that im constantly pulling out (normally from the corner of my eye)...

Last reply
  • Eyelash Loss

Hello Everyone, I started losing eyelashes about 4 months before I was diagnosed with blepharitis.  My doctor thought it was due to my anemia and put me on iron pills.  I have now been treating my blepharitis for the last 4 weeks with antibiotic ointment, warm compress/massage, tea tree oil/baby...

Last reply
  • Please, Please, Try Manuka Honey!

I've been studying this condition for a few years now, and besides Tea Tree Oil and No Tears Baby Shampoo, Manuka is giving me great results. Please try it. I believe that eventually we WILL cure this condition. Remember, doctors have been wrong before.

Last reply
  • WET ONES WET WIPE WASH FOR BLEPH

WET WIPE WASH I am amazed that in this current world of technological and medical excellence, when we can send mankind to different planets, build robotic beings, conceive babies in test tubes and rebuild body parts, we cannot resolve such a simple issue as my 6 years old chronic dry eye /bleph condition....

Last reply
  • Cure - Manuka Honey

First time posting, I swore I’d share if I found something that works and I did! So I’ve had Blepharitis since 2012 (the dry kind that leaves you with horrible crusty flakey lashes) and have been trying to control it since then. I came across a post about wet ones I think maybe 2 years later and for...

Last reply
  • Blepharitis, MGD and DryEye

I have saw a total of 3 different ophthalmologists in the past 10 years, and not one has been able to help me. I have been told by two different doctors I have blepharitis. And I have MGD. One Doctor wanted me to do the LipiFlow treatment for $1000 Cdn (I'm Canadian). And I didn't go through...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with Blepharitis, couple of Qs

I've been suffering from dry eyes for a while, especially when I get tired, but a few weeks back I started getting swelling around my left eye. It was also slightly closed.  I got referred to the eye clinic where they diagnosed blepharitis (they'd not noticed it on several previous visits...

Last reply
  • Betnesol ointment

Have been prescribed by doctor seems to be making it worse has anyone else tried this and what did they experience, talk about trial and error does anything work!!!!  

Last reply
  • iron deficient- blepharitis- its gone!!!!

HI - I'm new to blepharitis. I have only been suffering with it for a few months and it has been a nightmare. I have tried so many different remedies with no luck My symptoms have been a combination of the following: dry eyes, swollen puffy sore red eye lids, eye lid flaking and dryness, dry eyes,...

Last reply
  • Treatment info for Blepharitis

Has anyone found treatment info specifically for Blepharitis? I'm told the same old things like "scrub with baby shampoo" and I'm not getting any better. I'm frustrated and hope that some doctor somewhere has studied this terrible condition - and just want to find the answers!...

Last reply
  • MUST READ! Baby shampoo and tea tree oil

I read a few people saying they use tea tree face wash for bleth. I went ahead and added 2 drops of tea tree pure oil into my baby shampoo and water mix that I apply twice daily to lashes with a cotton bud.. 24 hours later my vision is clearer, I've woke up on the second day with a very small amount...

Last reply
  • I Recommend Simple Eye Ointment for Blepharitis

About four weeks ago I found my usual blepharitis remedy, lacrilube, was out of stock, had been recalled and was no longer available.  i used to swear by it and was in a right flap as felt certain I wouldn't be able to replace it with anything nearly as effective.  However even with the...

Last reply
  • Need some tips

Just been diagnosed so any help will be useful, doing hot compass also tea tree oil cleansing have it in one eye only , is there any drops that will help??  

Last reply
  • Warning! Manuka Honey...

Manuka Honey is an excellent treatment for blepharitis, but be careful! If not diluted the higher concentrated form can burn! Please dilute a small amount with purified water before you apply with a q-tip. . Dena

Last reply
  • Eye Make up/remover for Blepharitis sufferers?

Hi Im new to the site. Could anyone recommend any eye make up, mainly eyeliner and mascara, also remover?  I have read that as long as you clean it off properly, the use Blephasol? at night you should be able to wear it.  I have just been diagnosed with Blepharitis and want to be able...

Last reply
  • Demodex and Blepharitis

I thought I had a reasonable preventative regime for control of this awful condition but I am now in remission with a dreadful swollen upper left eyelid and two chalazions in it.  I found a website:- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov which explains how and why the remodel mite is the root of all evil as far as rosacea...

Last reply
  • blephagel very effective for blepharitis

Since using blephagel on a regular basis for a couple of months, I have found it the only thing that works for me, it is a thick, medicated gel in a large tube you can get from your doctor, large tube so you get plenty of it so don't have to be sparing, and it works, as its good and thick in gel...

Last reply
  • My blepharitis experience

I have had four operations on three eyelids this year. I tried very hard to stick with homeopathy and still think this is a good thing. I think this is related to a bout of cellulitis I had in the tissue around my eyes. i also suffer from rosacea. I will try anything to stop it recurring and so I am...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.