Have blepharitis and tired all the time

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone know if blepharitis can cause feeling tired all the time please? 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well,it makes a persos eyes tired,which makes a person feel tired. Plus I find it depressing which also causes being tired from stress.
    • Posted

I agree on both your points there. This is my first flareup of blepharitis and my eyes feel awful today, plus having disturbed nights with very dry eyes. It is a depressing condition. 
    • Posted

I know,all day all i thought about was how irritated my eyes were,plus my vision gets blurry,and filmy on and off. Hard to enjoy things. Personally i get anxiety from it,and doctors dont have much sympathy for it. Allergy season is here,so thinking that makes the eyes more sensitive too. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

When my eyes were very bad it was exhausting as my vision was blurred and it was hard work to see. The constant itching and soreness and feeling drab and unattractive and not 'me' was depressing.

however, over quite a few months, I've got my bleph under control with a regular hygiene regime, eye drops for dry eyes and drivesafe coating on my specs which help enormously with light sensitivity. I also take antihistamine daily. My vision is good. Occasionally I wear makeup and get away with it without a reaction. I've changed my hairstyle, got wacky specs and feel very happy with a new visual identity. I feel energetic and life is good whatever happens. 

All the best to you with bringing your condition condition under control and getting you life back to full enjoyment. Regards Pamela 

• Posted

Hello again Pamela. I wonder if you can share your experience of wearing makeup with me. I have worn it very little since all this started but when I have my eyes have felt a bit inflamed afterwards. Is this what I should expect, is this how you are? 
    • Posted

I rarely wear it nowadays...just for an occasion and then only if my eyes feel comfortable. I use cream eyeshadow..no 7.stay perfect by Boots Pharmacy and this works well as it sets and works quite well particularly when my eyelids are greasy. I use no 7 mascara too. I take particular care in removing every particle by shampooing my eyelids twice with the baby shampoo. If my eyelids are sore the next day I just take extra care with hygiene and heat treatment....they calm down over a few days. 

Interestingly enough, when I was on holiday at sea recently I could wear eye makeup every evening.....fewer irritants in the air I guess, and no land allergens.  It's only in the last year that my eyes have been calm enough for me to wear eye makeup. If I were to let my routine go then my eyes would flare up and deteriorate within days. 

• Posted

hi. i have recently been diagnosed with blepharitis following cataract surgery and when I read your post it really cheered me up. I too feel really depressed and not helped by feeling horrible not being able to wear eye makeup. I am trying hard with the eye hygiene and hope I see some results soon. Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.