Red Inflamed Weeping Eyelids

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

My GP believes i have symptoms consistent with blepharitis. What i'm looking for is some guidance.

Past couple of weeks my eyelid as gone back and forth between being really red, swollen and weeping to slightly swollen , dry and crusty. What i'm looking for is to get my eyelid back to normal.

At this moment my eyelid looks red raw, inflamed and wet (where part of the eyelid has been weeping and looks as though part of the skin is missing. Later it usually dries out with crusty flaky skin left on the eyelid).

What i'd like to know is; Do i start eyelid hygiene as it is or wait until the eyelid drys up and the skin heals ?

I got Ocusoft plus lid scrubs - Johnsons baby shampoo - Tea tree oil and heat compress pads.

Having looked up the symptoms myself i'm wondering if maybe it's dermatitis, or not ?

I'm somewhat confused so any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.