Visual floaters

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there,

I've been dealing with recurring chalazion/blepharitis for over a year in one eye and have gone through various treatments , trying to control or at least improve this stubborn condition.

I've recently started to notice and increase in eye floaters, some clear and some darker shadows. they are minor in size but are quite bothersome as they appear almost anywhere I look, especially during daylight.

My blepharitis has improved but myr eyes are still dealing with issues that I believe to be relative to this condition. Should I be worried about this? Are there ways to minimize the floaters ?

Thank you kindly.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear of your problem. My solution was a daily morning shower using some gunk called Capasal, it is available on prescription, it is coal tar based and smells awful but cleans and disinfects all around the eye. This routine has cleared up my chalazion/blepharitis.

As far as floaters are concerned, personally I don't think there is a connection between what goes on inside the eye and the outside but that is a question for an opthamologist.

Floaters are probably like so many things, age related unfortunately.

• Posted

David is correct, vitreous degeneration is an age related process where the vitreous(gel in the eye) starts to liquefy and will cause floaters. It is not related to blepharitis. Everyone will go through this, but not everyone will have floaters so they will be unaware that it is going on. You shouldn't have concerns about the floaters, they are annoying but harmless. If you start to have flashes then you will want to pay attention to those but they do not mean a problem necessarily. If you do you will want to have your eyes checked again when the flashes stop.

• Posted

Thank you for your responses. much appreciated.

I understand it is likely age related, however I am 23 years old and used to have perfect 20/20 vision up until this condition developed over the past year. Ive got a bit of astigmatism in the right eye now and the floaters could be a coincidence, as we all age differently. but I have been frequenting non preservative eye drops & other treatments and medication over the past year, so it got me a little worried. It's not serious or anything, just a bit of annoyance noticing a sudden decrease in vision. I have an appointment booked again just in case.

thanks again for the input

cheers

• Posted

Hi! I'm having almost identical issues and was wondering if you have any updates? Also around 22/23 years old I went from 20/20 vision to having astigmatism (no other vision changes), along with blepharitis, dry eye, and increase in floaters. it sucks!! would love any input or anything you've learned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.