Allergies

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, got a question. Has anyone experienced a uptick in their ic symptoms when allergy season. I was diagnosed with ic last year. During the winter months I was almost symptom free. But its spring time, my eyes are watery and I know it's the tree pollen, with this my ic decided hey don't forget about me. I know that mass cell is a big problem with this disease. Was just wondering, and trying to put it all together. Thanks for any input.🤔

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brenda - I haven’t thought of this before but you may be right! Most of my flares are in the warmer months but I’ve always thought that getting even a little dehydrated was the reason (it certainly wouldn’t help!) but you’re right about the mast cells - I take hydroxyzine anti-histamines especially for my bladder which one would also take for allergies.  Interesting! There’s so much to learn isn’t there? It’s worth checking out all possibilities and see if they apply to you as we’re all different.  For the bladder the ideal dose of hydroxyzine is 50-75mg daily but you have to work up to that - I’m on 30mg at the moment.  I find it much better than the cetirizine I was on - that just made me feel like a zombie all day!  
    • Posted

Thanks Shirley for your reply. Since I started to take Zoloft ( anxiety reasons) my mind has been clear and I'm starting to really dive into the ic and the reasons for it. If we wait for science to help us we will be waiting forever. There is a drug aqx-1125 for ic and is in clinical trials, but who knows when that will be available for us. So I'll just work the web and try to put the pieces together. Again thank you and truly appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.