Allergies-never had them before.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Do you guys notice new allergies, stuffy nose, dizziness, swollen eyelids etc? Never had allergies before, now they are overwhelming. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes very much so! Never before did I ever have allergies until all this crazy peri/meno started. I start coughing and then chest tightens, feels like I can't breathe in and around certain triggers fresh cut flowers, different smells, ECT.. And all kinds of foods now I can't touch, gives me reactions. In basically eating the same things every day for fear I will react to a good. Its crazy!! Losing weight too ( not good) anyone else experiencing this too and does it get better??? Well just wanted to share with you Anetta that your not alone in this one, allergies are a huge part of my life at the moment😂

• Posted

Yes, I got the food allergies too. I also limited the variety of foods drastically.
  • Posted

I'm sorry this auto spell, spells out whatever it wants, it has a mind of its own. Its suppose to say food, and not say good😁

• Posted

Yes!!!!!!!!!! big time allergies. Post nasal drip. Does your throat hurt? Mine has been hurting sense  Nov 2016 trying to figure out why. I am connecting it to allergies i just dont want to go to doc anymore i am tired of it. I never had allergies either. 
  • Posted

Yes never suffered before until peri/meno usually in the mornings streaming eyes then will go away for weeks only to return!
  • Posted

Yes same here.. when peri set in 5 years ago it was really bad... foods, washing powder conditioner hair products perfumes.. I had the lot rolleyes at the time i didnt realize it was peri and neither did my doctor and he thought i had developed lupus it was that bad.  It took about 18 months to calm down to about 50% what it was then it waxed and waned with period. Now im just having another bad bout with peri due to periods finally stopping then starting etc.   I have to say though its not as bad and im even able to eat stuff that used to make me really ill. Main issue now is sugar... cant have anything with it in.  Gives me swollen sinuses and chronic headaches and migraine. From what i have read this is common with menopause.

AS mentioned above ive had the constant sore throat etc. also get sticky itchy eyes too.  Its all part of the journey sadly some people get it bad.. others dont get it at all .

• Posted

yes allergies bad since peri.... bad post nasal drip......eyes water badly but thats from dry eyes which i use drops for  its worse certain times of a month..... i just drink a allergy pill when its really bad as it comes an goes......
  • Edited

Yes that can happen.   Here is one theory why...we continue to "cycle" long after our ovulation has stopped or become very very infrequent.   Progesterone is only produced after ovulation by corpus luteum.   Anovular cycles are estrogen dominant and lack the second half progesterone shift.   Estrogen upregulates mast cells which can make them more sensitive and more easily triggered to release histamine.   Progesterone downregulates immune reactions.    See if a bit of progesterone cream helps 14 days per month.    You can also try DAO enzyme orally before protein meals, which will reduce dietary histidine which the body converts to histamine.   Vit C also degrades histamine.  

The estrogen dominance is also what upregulates the anxiety...progesterone is the "happy" hormone too for women.    Are we having fun yet?    I was also helped by acetyl-glutathione and a good b-vitamin (I take seeking health B-).   Oh and as long as you are not on an SSRI (like Prozac or Zoloft) a dose of tryptophan can help your body make melatonin...and help sleep.    I used to wake at 3am and then be awake until daylight.   Sleeping well with these supplements. 

Oh also SDG flax lignans!!!    Cheers.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.