Allergies/runny nose

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have read many women s allergies and asthma becomes worse with hormonal changes. My nose has run clear now for years, no sneezing. Seems to stop at night and when I am asleep. My ears also feel like cotton is stuck in them. Doctor checks them and always says their fine. It's enoying! anyone else dealing with this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am congested every night and need nasal spray to sleep or I wake up unable to breathe. Ears feel fuzzy, as well, and ringing often. I was the same when pregnant, so definitely hormones. Stupid things.
  • Posted

I have this too Michelle. I often feel like my ears are clogged and a have a runny nose almost constantly. It doesn't bother me at night though, the way it would with a cold or allergies. I hadn't realized that until you mentioned it. I've gone to the minute clinic twice to have my ears checked, convinced I had an ear infection. All clear both times. My anxiety level has soared in meno and I suspect the ear thing is related to jaw tension and pain that I have frequently. I clench my jaw a lot apparently. TMJ stretches help. I feel like I blame everything on meno and hormones, but all of these things can't be coincidental!  

• Posted

You are not alone in this one I've been suffering with that for years now stuffy nose runny nose ears are horrible half the time I can't even breathe through my nose especially when it's really hot outside for some reason at night time it gets so dry stuffed like I cannot breathe through my nose it's horrible but it did start when I started menopause I even have the dry eyes and everything else to go along with it

• Posted

Hello

I think I may of had this. Starting to realise that a lot of my troubles over the last 2 years are Peri. I have had a runny nose - just one side for ages. Funny that has now gone. I also lost my sense of taste and smell - both now back, developed phantom smells which is also pretty much gone. 

I have weird ears for about 6 months - felt like I needed to pop them constantly. Was sure I had an ear problem and that caused my dizziness. Ears are now ok

I now have a weird one - smelly urine. Read that this can be Peri related. So strange.

Wish my dizziness and anxiety would do away

Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.