Allergy / intolerance testing. Has anyone done it ? Feedback ? Please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I am 47 year old lady. Diagnosed with IBS, Colitis, Depression, CFS, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Brain Aneurism coiled and stented however still going strong :-). Taking lots of medicines now and was wondering if any of you have had an dietary testing and if it helped you. I am gaining weight despite dieting and having lots of issues with my stomach. I have referral to hospital and am thinking of paying privately for testing. Any advice would be great. Would it be a waste of money ? Thx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear all the complications ypu have. I hope you feel better. I gave so many gastro-resistant problems lately. My belly expanded with gas and it hurts. Difficult to fasten my belts. I am trying a colon clean today. Never ever done anything like this before. But I am hoping that it will help with some of the bloating. Best wishes
  • Posted

Oh forgot to mention I have also thought of going privately but not sure how much it will cost and it would be worth! ?
  • Posted

Probably. Any allergy testing you need the hospital will offer. I know I'll have the world on my back saying this - but most of the testing you pay for has no scientific basis at all, they just want your money. Independent tests have shown that you can send someone to 3 different "testers" and get 3 totally different results and by the time you've finished there's hardly anything left you can eat or do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.