Allergy reaction.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I am in the middle of a major flare up, there isn't an inch of my body that isn't painful. 

What started like a massive allergic reaction 3 days ago, with itchy back of the throat, eyes and non stop sneezing, has developed into something far worse now- I really am struggling today to breathe. I also have acute pain everywhere. Normally, I can just about 'manage' my pain......but today......

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello PiliPalaB4ch

So sorry to hear that you are in such alot of pain, take it easy and rest up. when I get like that i take myself to bed with wheat bags and hot water bottles..And of course my dog to keep me warm.

• Posted

I am curled up in bed with my trusty hot water bottles and antihistamines- my dog is a bit restless in bed!! As long as I don't try moving the pain is just about manageable. Thanks Anne - gentle butterfly hugs biggrin
  • Posted

Ahh Pillipalag4cg Sorry to hear your not good hun. sending you a big hug xx Hope you start to feel better soon and your pains soon ease. Just rest drink plenty of fluids and sleep if you can. Im in bed with a slipped disc and in loads of pain using my lovely new hot waterbottles and wheat bag take care kaz40wink
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz, not much more I can do today, cuddled with my hot water bottles and trying to relax! 

Hope you feel better soon too my lovely, take care, gentle hugs to you.

• Posted

I can't say for sure if you had an allergic reaction you should take something. If breathing is becoming bad because of it , you need to go to the hospital. Breathing is something that must be taken carefully. Best of Luck
    • Posted

Hi diagnosisisalie I went to the Dr this morning, I now have antihistamine and things are a bit better breathing wise! I think I had a panic attack too! Thanks for your concern. 
    • Posted

I keep Bendryl in the house. I also use to help an elderly lady with COPD and panicing induces lots of difficulty breathing. I use to coach her in through the nose out through the mouth it works. It is funny , I have been horribly ill lately with a cold/infection/flu whatever they want to call it and some breathing issues my husband hands me the inhaler to help but I tend to cath my breath on my own, now I am worried about the pain from my heart. Happy to hear things are getting better .
    • Posted

My husband has COPD, chronic asthma and emphysema, so we have a nebuliser etc. in the house, and I have obviously witnessed his attacks, so my breathing issues this morning were no where near any of those, so I knew I was okish, but, the antihistamines have certainly helped. I hope your pain passes a bit soon. X
  • Posted

Ahhh, poor you PiliPalaB4ch......take care and if it persists go and get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

Big hug from ME to YOU....wink xx

• Posted

Thanks Bee. The breathing has improved this evening, the sneezing and itchiness continues unfortunately. 

Big hug back xx

• Posted

Soo sorry to hear PiliPala, unfortunately its that seasonal thingy at the moment.mine cons in the firm of Asthma..grr....sounds like the Fibro flare is having a field day with you other Symtoms...lots of hot water bottles and rest rest rest ..be blessed, hope your feeling better really soon..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Pilipala'...   Do you have an inhaler at all???   I have been a chronic asthmatic since birth, but since I made a particular move to another area and then later to another area.. I haven't had to actually use my inhaler at all!  However this business of NO asthma attacks began about 4 years after my accident and I was also put on Tramadol just after I moved.  So I don't know what cause the remission.  I have only had the odd reaction requiring an inhaler about twice since, and other very slight asthmatic reactions have been negliable.  

However it is NOT SAFE to be putting up with lack of good oxygen for to long.  Your heart becomes sore and under load trying to cope.  You may not recognise this fact if you are already a sufferer of fatigue and chest aches and pains! 

It can come on within split seconds that your not able to push the air out and you become pidgeon chested after a short while..  You should never ever let yourself be vulnerable to this point.  Always have a 'Reliever' Inhaler with you or very close at hand.  

My back used to itch, and also the back of my throat/neck and also round the nose and top lip can react with an itch..   Sometimes it's a sinus/allergy reaction, which of course can spark your asthma.  For me a chronic attack could shut me down in seconds!  Not good.  So I am very glad I am in a semi remission for the last 10 yrs ..    Again don't leave yourself struggling for air, 'EVER'..  

If you have some Euculyptus Oil you can put drops into a bowl of hot steaming water and do the old head under the towel.  I keep under there for a good long while.  Even on and off for an hour..  The Euculyptus is a natural reliever in the steam...  also the steam does help..   Use the leaves even if you don't have the oil as a last resort.   But the Oil is more concentrated.  

I was so glad to have been given some capsules of the Oil when I was young and couldn't get to the doctors..   Saved me from ringing up the after hours or an ambulance.  I was a good friend of the Nebulizers back in those days.

Take care and all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.