Allergy / Sinus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have any of you experienced an increase with allergy sinus problems since peri menopause? Mine are up and down all the time . Right now my throat  isn't hurting but I have drainage and it's also dry just feels funny too. Nose is stuffy ... 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Renee,

That’s funny that you posted that about sinus issues. I was just about to post something similar. Last night I was stuffy like I had a cold. It went away as quickly as it came on. Some days I have a lot of drainage. I do have some mild allergies, but all the sinus stuff I’ve experienced in the last few years I feel is related to peri.  I never really had sinus issues or even allergy issues prior to peri. It’s really bizarre. 

• Posted

Increased allergies are a part of perimenopause

My whole family has bad allergies, and now I’ve become allergic to things like tea tree oil and makeup, which I never had before.

I’m also getting inflammation a lot around my eyes and in joints. 

Estrogen is natural anti-inflammatory I need myself a tall glass of the stuff.

Hopefully all our ailments will pass fast!!! 

• Posted

Yes. I suddenly became allergic to everything. Fur, down, chemicals, scents, pollen, mold, dust etc. Constant post nasal drip, stuffiness , headaches, vertigo, dizziness, joint and tendon inflammation which seems related. Even small tendons in the head and neck. Apart from severe anxiety and upper back tightness-pain and bowel problems these are my main symptoms. The bowel problems also seem related because the amount of phlegm that flows down to the stomach cannot leave the tract unharmed.
  • Posted

Hi Renee, I have been having  sinus type problems since June this year. At the same time  i had a dental clean and polish and when the dentist started he push my lip up to get to my back upper teeth and  i felt a sharp. Since then i have had a gum  irritation  but nothing visable. i developed a dry mouth burning throat and burning tongue. i have been to my GP who says it is anxiety, i have been to the dentist twice. the dentist says nothing to be seen it must be a sinus problem. I am going  crazy and am suffering  so much re this, it has been 5 months. I am going back to the dentist AGAIN on Monday as i cannot stand this anymore  my upper gum is still sore, i feel like i have burning in my nose and eyes at times too. Could this be peri too ? i hope not, what can be done to help me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.